Why do Americans lack introspection and are so defensive

That is how I find the US - especially on the right - you continually love to poke a stick at other countries to make yourself looks better. It's pathetic.

So your OP was nothing more than a pretext for bashing the right. Nice.

P.S. Why do you think the rest of the world wants to live here?

Last edited:
Some interesting replies. I more interested in why when there is a criticism of the US, those more on the right side get all het up. It's as if you have insulted their mother or something. They think they are the best country in the world and therefore any criticism that comes their way is borne out of jealousy or some such as opposed to real thoughts that maybe the US isn't the greatest in the world. And if you are, so what? Great in what sense? Almost every first-world country thinks their country in the best. Eye of the beholder and all that.
We are accepting of criticism. However, when you criticize just to make yourself look better, then we quite rightly, point and laugh.

Look, Amerca IS the best country in the world. We are not perfect and we make mistakes. If you have a legitimate criticism, then voice it. But if you just want to get one over on us, get bent.

That is how I find the US - especially on the right - you continually love to poke a stick at other countries to make yourself looks better. It's pathetic.

And I disagree. I think the US is a good country. For sure. Greatest? Meh...depends on how your measure it. Most capable armed forces? Sure. Wealth? Yep. Innovation? Sure, about the same as most western countries. The way it treats its poor? Terrible. Freedoms? On paper great, in actuality? Terrible. Electoral system? Awful. Health system? Gak!

Why do other countries feel a need to poke sticks at the US. Is it because your introspection finds your country wanting and you are jelly?

Why should Americans reply to unfounded accusations posted as if the mere act of saying them made them true?

Why are the French so snotty?
Why are the Chinese so inscrutable?
Why are the Germans so up tight?
Why are the Italians so frivolous?
Why are anybody so anything?

One can posit as many insulting stereotypes as they wish, but the intent certainly is not to have a clean debate when the gauntlet has been laid in this fashion.

Of course it can. It is up to you as to how you reply.

wow another Hate Americans thread

Not at all. Just interested. Although to be honest, you have to realise that when most non US citizens dislike the US it is only a certain type of American. There is no way I'd tar you all with the same brush. The only people who do that are bigoted. Say, like those no-so-intelligent people who think all Muslims are like the 9-11 hijackers.

Some interesting replies. I more interested in why when there is a criticism of the US, those more on the right side get all het up. It's as if you have insulted their mother or something. They think they are the best country in the world and therefore any criticism that comes their way is borne out of jealousy or some such as opposed to real thoughts that maybe the US isn't the greatest in the world. And if you are, so what? Great in what sense? Almost every first-world country thinks their country in the best. Eye of the beholder and all that.

You are free to think whatever you will about it. I really don't care what you think about us. I couldn't possibly mean that any more than I do.

Here is what I DO care about.

I care that we are no longer your supporting ally, wherever you are from. I care that we don't support you with any grants, any military support, or any kind of financial support of any kind. I am done with America being derided around the world and yet, being the world's ATM and the world's military.

So, think on that. And also this: I am FAR from alone.

You are free to think whatever you will about it. I really don't care what you think about us. I couldn't possibly mean that any more than I do.

I care that we are no longer your supporting ally, wherever you are from. I care that we don't support you with any grants, any military support, or any kind of financial support of any kind. I am done with America being derided around the world and yet, being the world's ATM and the world's military.

Good. You don't support us in any way financially.
Fair enough about being the world's military. Although coming from a conservative that is ironic.

wow another Hate Americans thread

Not at all. Just interested. Although to be honest, you have to realise that when most non US citizens dislike the US it is only a certain type of American. There is no way I'd tar you all with the same brush. The only people who do that are bigoted. Say, like those no-so-intelligent people who think all Muslims are like the 9-11 hijackers.

Here's a question for you. Did you sneering Europeans really expect when the WWW opened that your pervasive words would have no effect at all?

I have believed for some time--it took some time to come around to it--that you actually thought we were so backward and stupid that yes, you thought you could insult us over and over and over and we would continue to worship, adore, and slaver and away for you, and send our men and women to be your de facto military.

That is actually what you believed. You did. You thought, those dumb backward Americans, they're so stupid even if we openly mock them, they'll still have our back.

You feel that icy breeze coming your way? It's not just Trump honey. That's the cooling alliance. Believe it. Good luck with whatever "military" you have.

Good. You don't support us in any way financially.
Fair enough about being the world's military. Although coming from a conservative that is ironic.

Where you from, Big Talker?

Here's a question for you. Did you sneering Europeans really expect when the WWW opened that your pervasive words would have no effect at all?

I have believed for some time--it took some time to come around to it--that you actually thought we were so backward and stupid that yes, you thought you could insult us over and over and over and we would continue to worship, adore, and slaver and away for you, and send our men and women to be your de facto military.

That is actually what you believed. You did. You thought, those dumb backward Americans, they're so stupid even if we openly mock them, they'll still have our back.

You feel that icy breeze coming your way? It's not just Trump honey. That's the cooling alliance. Believe it. Good luck with whatever "military" you have.

No, I think the majority of Americans are intelligent and forward looking. I find the Trump Deplorables definitely backward.

I'm from NZ. We receive no aid from you, nor do we want it.

No, I think the majority of Americans are intelligent and forward looking. I find the Trump Deplorables definitely backward.

You have no military to speak of. Absolutely none. Imagine no America at your back. I certainly do.

What I mean to say, more succinctly: defend your own island.

We do.

We do.

Wonderful. You can disparage and throw darts at America all you want, and our president, and you can expect us to continue to cool off should you ever, ever need our help in anything. This is how it works, in real life and in alliances. Foreign Leftists somehow expect the laws of common sense to be suspended in their Political Utopias. They're not.

Wonderful. You can disparage and throw darts at America all you want, and our president, and you can expect us to continue to cool off should you ever, ever need our help in anything. This is how it works, in real life and in alliances. Foreign Leftists somehow expect the laws of common sense to be suspended in their Political Utopias. They're not.

I am not throwing darts at America. I am throwing them at Trump, his Deplorables and Neocons. Just a head's up "honey". They - and you - are not America. America is so much better than that.

I am not throwing darts at America. I am throwing them at Trump, his Deplorables and Neocons. Just a head's up "honey". They - and you - are not America. America is so much better than that.

You're changing your tune and I'm not buying it. This is what what you said in the OP, first.

Second, who do you think would send their sons and daughters to fight for your little island nation? Trump "deplorables" or those coastal elitists whose views you support?

You didn't really think this through, did you?

Forum List

Back