Why didn’t the Trump lawyer team’s court filing today include the claim that Trump declassified the documents?

There is no pape trail required. Who could require it of a POTUS?

Trump and others before him had standing orders that classified material once moved out of the White House to their residence is automatically declassified.

You really need to get your shit together over de-classification.

You're only half right. Yes, the sitting president can declassify anything they want to, it's their perogative as president. HOWEVER, those classified documents are also held at other places as classified documents. When the president says that something is declassified, there is a memo that goes out to all the other places where the information is held stating that it has been declassified. Without a memo, all we have is Trump saying that he did something, but in reality, he did nothing, and the documents are still classified. And, he's just now saying this, probably as a way to hopefully keep himself out of jail. He's not the current sitting president, and those documents are still classified. Otherwise, there would be a memo stating that the material in question had been declassified, along with the date such action was taken.

Not necessarily, show us the EO that says so.

And Trump along with previous Presidents had a standing order that classified documents taken to the residence were automatically declassified.

They were automatically declassified when as the sitting President they were removed to the residence at MAR.

Lol dude none of this says anything about the process itself. This guy is asserting he can just take the documents and that declassified them but no legal language he is citing indicates that.

That is the process for a President. Duh.

Go find a friend that gives a shit about lowlifes like you. If possible, but I doubt anyone gives a shit.
Ooo. Wicked burn.

When you get into the third grade, you’re really gonna be da bomb.

For now? You’re nothing. You have nothing. You being nothing. And you’re off topic.

Although, I have to concede, it is a dumbass OP and thread. 😎

Legal experts are tearing the filing part. It’s basically just one big joke. Long on hyperbole and short on legal merit.

However, what’s notable is that his lawyers didn’t include the claim Trump declassified those documents before taking them. Trump himself has said as recently as today he did.

Well he basically know why. He didn’t actually do it lol

No. Laugh out loud - the joke is on you!!!

The lawyers are not required to make that claim. There are plenty of other possibilities; most notably, the declassification notices are probably already deposited at the Archives.

It's been three fucking weeks since the fucking raid! They were on a false flag evidence claim by a stupid fucking Democrat sympythizer FBI agent mother-fucker that Trumptard and the good FBI guys stung!
You're just fucking stupid, just like most of the Trumpkins!!!

US4CC.meme.Good_Fellas - Trump_derangement.png

It's been three fucking weeks!!!

Wake the fuck up!!!

Not necessarily, show us the EO that says so.

And Trump along with previous Presidents had a standing order that classified documents taken to the residence were automatically declassified.

They were automatically declassified when as the sitting President they were removed to the residence at MAR.

There is a whole instruction that deals with the handling of classified material, look it up. And no, there CAN'T be a standing order that classified documents taken to the residence are automatically declassified, as what would happen if he took home a list of all the foreign undercover agents overseas home? According to you, it would be declassified, which would mean that anyone could access it, and if that happened, a lot of our foreign spies would be targeted and killed. What if he took home some papers concerning the investigations of active terrorist cells here in the US and abroad? But, thanks for demonstrating how little you know about classified information. Me? I had to work with classified information for 20 years while serving in the U.S. Navy as a Personnelman.

This statement is total bullshit, because if it were true, then why have all presidents had SCIF's either in their house, or had temporary SCIF's travel along with them when they went somewhere? It's because they needed a place where they could review classified information that needed to be looked at while they were home or traveling abroad. Again, you don't know much about classified information, do you?

Whether the documents were de-classified or not is relevant – that’s not the source of Trump’s legal jeopardy.

Trump is in legal jeopardy because he has military intelligence and national security material not properly secured – material that could be lost, destroyed, or misappropriated by America’s enemies.

And now we see evidence of obstruction of justice on Trump’s part, also having nothing to do with whether the documents were de-classified or not.
And you are not the judge and no judicial determination has been made either way

And Tucker is ignoring it.
His show is focusing on Guttfeld, and how guttfeld is now the king of Late Night.

Hilarious.
Total Deflection.

lol why are you somehow under the impression you have a better idea of whether or not he did than me? Of course I don’t have proof. I don’t need to prove a negative, however. Someone else has to prove that he did.

Did you even read that filing? It laid out their legal argument for the case of why it was an illegal search. Of course it would make sense to make the claim. In court is when they can prove it happened. They don’t need to wait til then to say it.
Never said I did or didn't, just called you on your BS ASSumption.

Why did the FBI say that classified documents had been found? They said documents with classified markings had been found which would be the case if there were classified documents that had been declassified.

Will the FBI ever recover their reputation?
You miss the former US Atty on one of my favorite TV channels discussing how, per US law, FBI is allowed to lie?

Forum List

Back