Clarence Thomas recuses himself as Supreme Court rejects ex-Trump lawyer John Eastman's appeal

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
WASHINGTON — Conservative Justice Clarence Thomas for the first time recused himself from a case involving the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol by then-President Donald Trump's supporters as the Supreme Court on Monday rejected an appeal brought by former Trump legal adviser John Eastman.
NBC News
NBC News
Follow

Clarence Thomas recuses himself as Supreme Court rejects ex-Trump lawyer John Eastman's appeal​

Conservative Justice Clarence Thomas for the first time recused himself from a case involving the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol by then-President Donald Trump's supporters as the Supreme Court on Monday rejected an appeal brought by former Trump legal adviser John Eastman.
Hmm...
Thomas, under fire over claims of ethical lapses, had participated last year when the court rejected Trump's bid to prevent White House documents from being handed over to the House committee investigating Jan. 6.

Then, Thomas was the only justice to signal support for Trump's legal arguments.
This time, Thomas stepped aside in the case involving Eastman, who had served as a law clerk to the justice. As is typical for justices, Thomas did not explain why he recused himself.

Big Big Yuge Bigly News: Trump and His Lawyers Appeals Keep Falling on Deaf Ears @ the SCOTUS. Did Eastman try flattering Justice Thomas, mistakenly believing that all the Biggies in Power are susceptible to flattery? I believe there is some truth to that argument, as Eastman got close to Trump through flattery.

Last edited:
It is a miracle
I don't see it that way. I have always been defending the Court from most attacks. We shall see how this all turns out, but people who believe the Court has a political side, usually end up wrong. I remember the Bush v Gore debates among people. That one came closest to a political side, but I believe some of the Justices got caught up in and blinded by certain ideological philosophies/arguments vs legal interpretations.

Last edited:
I don't see it that way. I have always been defending the Court from most attacks. We shall see how this all turns out, but people who believe the Court has a political side, usually end up wrong. I remember the Bush v Gore debates among people. That one came closest to a political side, but I believe some of the Justices got caught up in and blinded by certain ideological philosophies/arguments vs legal interpretations.
The court needs to maintain the highest ethical standard so as to prevent even the perception of bias

Thomas does not do that

The court needs to maintain the highest ethical standard so as to prevent even the perception of bias

Thomas does not do that

I agree. I agree with people who believe Clarence Thomas should never have confirmed in the first place. I believe evidence shows Justice Thomas is much more astute, intellectual, and reasoned in his arguments in opinion of the Court. He's became a lightning rod for many. But his confirmation hearings showed what he is. As with Justice Kavanaugh.

Thomas just did that, you lying sack. Had he not your whining would never end. You, and people like you cannot be reasoned with. Nothing but endless hypocrisy and whining from today's liberal trash.
:trolls: rightwinger: This Troll's comment above is nothing but a personal attack.

WASHINGTON — Conservative Justice Clarence Thomas for the first time recused himself from a case involving the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol by then-President Donald Trump's supporters as the Supreme Court on Monday rejected an appeal brought by former Trump legal adviser John Eastman.
NBC News
NBC News
Follow

Clarence Thomas recuses himself as Supreme Court rejects ex-Trump lawyer John Eastman's appeal​

Hmm...

Big Big Yuge Bigly News: Trump and His Lawyers Appeals Keep Falling on Deaf Ears @ the SCOTUS. Did Eastman try flattering Justice Thomas, mistakenly believing that all the Biggies in Power are susceptible to flattery? I believe there is some truth to that argument, as Eastman got close to Trump through flattery.
A recusal means that his vote wasn’t necessary. Eastman will walk.

and in other news connected to this shit:

Court rejects 14th Amendment case​

In another Trump-related case, the court on Monday rejected a long-shot legal challenge seeking to block Trump from being elected president again.

The justices turned away an appeal filed by John Castro, a write-in Republican candidate for president, who represented himself in the case and has filed similar lawsuits.

NBC News
NBC News
Follow

Hmm...

Wait! He did the right thing????? :eek:

Forum List

Back