Why didn’t the Trump lawyer team’s court filing today include the claim that Trump declassified the documents?

• Funny
Reactions: BWK
It sure does. It expressly states that.

You really have a reading comprehension problem.

And tell us, who could make a rule forcing a POTUS to go through such a process? Duh.

Oh, and SCOTUS knows too.

You're only half right. Yes, the sitting president can declassify anything they want to, it's their perogative as president. HOWEVER, those classified documents are also held at other places as classified documents. When the president says that something is declassified, there is a memo that goes out to all the other places where the information is held stating that it has been declassified. Without a memo, all we have is Trump saying that he did something, but in reality, he did nothing, and the documents are still classified. And, he's just now saying this, probably as a way to hopefully keep himself out of jail. He's not the current sitting president, and those documents are still classified. Otherwise, there would be a memo stating that the material in question had been declassified, along with the date such action was taken.

We've gone through two frantic weeks of every spurious and specious charge that you moonbat freaks have conjured up, and now the best thing you drips can come up with is obstruction?

If this isn't proof that you numbskulls are on yet another snipe hunt, I don't know what would be.

View attachment 689916
What a laugh. Such projection from low info nation.

It sure does. It expressly states that.

You really have a reading comprehension problem.

And tell us, who could make a rule forcing a POTUS to go through such a process? Duh.

Oh, and SCOTUS knows too.

Lol dude none of this says anything about the process itself. This guy is asserting he can just take the documents and that declassified them but no legal language he is citing indicates that.

There is no pape trail required. Who could require it of a POTUS?

Trump and others before him had standing orders that classified material once moved out of the White House to their residence is automatically declassified.

There is no such animal as you suggest. Declassification Frequently Asked Questions

Trump and others before him had standing orders that classified material once moved out of the White House to their residence is automatically declassified.

The paper trail isn't required of POTUS, the paper trail is required for all the other places where the classified material is being held. POTUS can declassify anything they want, any time they want while in office. BUT, when they do, their staff tells others it was declassified so the other agencies and military commands know that the material is no longer classified. There are more copies of those classified documents at other locations, and they need to know if it's classified or not.

• Thanks
Reactions: BWK
I didn't create a single one....I had the ignominious chore of merging and/or locking them for their tiresome redundancy....And you moonbat mutants have now exceeded them in dreary tiresomeness.

Congratulations, losers.
In other words you have nothing to bitch about what you don't have a clue about. It's called a "cop out"

That is the dumbest thing I have read.

Zzz. Wrong or I should say wrong again.

In reality, what they said was that all classified documents had been returned.

The others weren’t classified any more.

Simple.
Throw spaghetti up against the wall much? :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301:

Forum List

Back