Whole Foods Opens Asian-Themed 'Yellow Fever' Restaurant

Whole Foods Faces Internet Backlash for Opening Asian-Themed 'Yellow Fever' Restaurant

Whole Foods Faces Internet Backlash for Opening Asian-Themed 'Yellow Fever' Restaraunt

All I can say is WHAT THE FUCK were they thinking. This so stupid on at least two fronts

The company announced they’d be opening the restaurant that shares a name with the racist concept of an “Asian fetish” in early March.

“Yellow Fever for an Asian restaurant?” Yahoo Finance’s managing editor Sam Ro tweeted. “That’s both unappetizing and racist.”
Food journalist Allison Robicelli, meanwhile, noted that “Yellow Fever was once known as the American Plague, killing hundreds of thousands of people during the 19th century.”

“It’s still prevalent in South American & Africa,” she continued, “and has killed tens of thousands since 2010.”

I have a suggestion: Open an African themed restaurant and name it "Black Plague " Or how about a Native American themed restaurant called "Red Skin " or "Scalps R Us"

Does anybody think that the bozos who came up with this are playing with a full deck?
Political correctness is for pussies

Yellow fever is from South America and Africa and causes jaundice, which is why it is called "Yellow" fever. It has nothing to do with Asians. Why anyone would name a restaurant for a disease, I don't know, but .... oh wait. Asian = yellow? Is that what everyone is barking about?

Let's see how the restaurant does. Meanwhile, I will not name the new local diner "Poison Ivy."
In Sturgis South Dakota they used to have a café called the roadkill Café

Yellow fever is from South America and Africa and causes jaundice, which is why it is called "Yellow" fever. It has nothing to do with Asians. Why anyone would name a restaurant for a disease, I don't know, but .... oh wait. Asian = yellow? Is that what everyone is barking about?

Let's see how the restaurant does. Meanwhile, I will not name the new local diner "Poison Ivy."
Maybe it was a chain; we had one in Greenville, Maine, too. It burned down though.

Sushi Fever, Las Vegas
Fever Restaurant, Santa Lucia
Pho's Fever, Jacksonville

I think people like getting feverish with their meals.
Whenever a Chinese restaurant moves into the neighborhood all of the stray dogs and cats go missing... Then the people’s pets

Whole Foods Faces Internet Backlash for Opening Asian-Themed 'Yellow Fever' Restaurant

Whole Foods Faces Internet Backlash for Opening Asian-Themed 'Yellow Fever' Restaraunt

All I can say is WHAT THE FUCK were they thinking. This so stupid on at least two fronts

The company announced they’d be opening the restaurant that shares a name with the racist concept of an “Asian fetish” in early March.

“Yellow Fever for an Asian restaurant?” Yahoo Finance’s managing editor Sam Ro tweeted. “That’s both unappetizing and racist.”
Food journalist Allison Robicelli, meanwhile, noted that “Yellow Fever was once known as the American Plague, killing hundreds of thousands of people during the 19th century.”

“It’s still prevalent in South American & Africa,” she continued, “and has killed tens of thousands since 2010.”

I have a suggestion: Open an African themed restaurant and name it "Black Plague " Or how about a Native American themed restaurant called "Red Skin " or "Scalps R Us"

Does anybody think that the bozos who came up with this are playing with a full deck?
Political correctness is for pussies
Pretty much what I would expect from you

That was a chain eatery. They also had one in Newport RI in the mid 90's. Food had really gross names on the menu, the wait staff was the kind that would make snarky remarks and throw insults (in good fun), but they actually had some pretty decent food.

Sushi Fever, Las Vegas
Fever Restaurant, Santa Lucia
Pho's Fever, Jacksonville

I think people like getting feverish with their meals.

Yabbut none of those are infectious deadly diseases.

One of my favorite breakfast restaurants is called "Mary's". But I wouldn't go near the place if it were called "Typhoid Mary's".
Where's your sense of adventure, Pogo?
I guess Yellow Fever isn't a disease that rings bells with me. Malaria, typhoid, smallpox, sure. It just doesn't have associations for me. So I'm politically insensitive about it. I'll try to take everyone's word for it, though, that it's just terrible.

How about "Mongrel Horde"?

"Inscrutable Squint"?

I myself would favor an Irish-themed deli named "Drunken Mick" with no problem. Why are you people so damned sensitive?

Did you know that Brazil nuts are still called "Niqqer Toes"?

Mein Gott. Grow-the-fuck-up.

I've heard of it. Did red necks find it offensive? Probably not. Too bust scoffing it up

In Sonny's barbeque they sell an appetizer called "Redneck eggrolls". I don't believe any rednecks were offended.

I've heard of it. Did red necks find it offensive? Probably not. Too bust scoffing it up

Rednecks aren't panzies.

You want some reservation Indian reservation food, It’s just laying alongside the road Ways... And it’s free

"Inscrutable Squint"?

I myself would favor an Irish-themed deli named "Drunken Mick" with no problem. Why are you people so damned sensitive?

When are liberals going to protect Irish Catholics like me from the racism of "The Fighting Irish" at Notre Dame? I'm a victim!!! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

fried chicken and watermelon... some grape soda to wash it all down.
getto food cafeteria?

"Inscrutable Squint"?

Of course you would. Do you also approve of the association with a deadly disease?