Whole Foods Opens Asian-Themed 'Yellow Fever' Restaurant

Whole Foods Faces Internet Backlash for Opening Asian-Themed 'Yellow Fever' Restaurant

Whole Foods Faces Internet Backlash for Opening Asian-Themed 'Yellow Fever' Restaraunt

All I can say is WHAT THE FUCK were they thinking. This so stupid on at least two fronts

The company announced they’d be opening the restaurant that shares a name with the racist concept of an “Asian fetish” in early March.

“Yellow Fever for an Asian restaurant?” Yahoo Finance’s managing editor Sam Ro tweeted. “That’s both unappetizing and racist.”
Food journalist Allison Robicelli, meanwhile, noted that “Yellow Fever was once known as the American Plague, killing hundreds of thousands of people during the 19th century.”

“It’s still prevalent in South American & Africa,” she continued, “and has killed tens of thousands since 2010.”

I have a suggestion: Open an African themed restaurant and name it "Black Plague " Or how about a Native American themed restaurant called "Red Skin " or "Scalps R Us"

Does anybody think that the bozos who came up with this are playing with a full deck?

Yellow fever is from South America and Africa and causes jaundice, which is why it is called "Yellow" fever. It has nothing to do with Asians. Why anyone would name a restaurant for a disease, I don't know, but .... oh wait. Asian = yellow? Is that what everyone is barking about?

Let's see how the restaurant does. Meanwhile, I will not name the new local diner "Poison Ivy."

I don't get the outrage. I think it's a cool name. What's the problem?

Meanwhile, I will not name the new local diner "Poison Ivy."
Great name for an Irish Restaurant - Poison Ivy is green! And they could have a seven course meal- a six pack and a boiled potato on the menu

I know of an Italian restaurant called "Li'l Dagos". For real. Don't know if it's still there but I wouldn't go in there. Could never have looked my Sicilian gf in the eye again.

Why anyone would name a restaurant for a disease, I don't know

This just in --- they're going to rename it the "Asian Flu".

I know right? Like naming a Mexican restaurant "Montezuma's Revenge".
thumb.php

Or how 'bout a sauerkraut and schnitzel restaurant called "German Measles".

So they'll have hot Asian women in bikinis? I can't wait to go!

Sushi Fever, Las Vegas
Fever Restaurant, Santa Lucia
Pho's Fever, Jacksonville

I think people like getting feverish with their meals.

Now I could see a southeast-Asian themed restaurant that also had a bar called

"Thai One On"

Sushi Fever, Las Vegas
Fever Restaurant, Santa Lucia
Pho's Fever, Jacksonville

I think people like getting feverish with their meals.

Yabbut none of those are infectious deadly diseases.

One of my favorite breakfast restaurants is called "Mary's". But I wouldn't go near the place if it were called "Typhoid Mary's".