White Racism did Not End When Slavery ended

Again, turned it off when Uncle Tom Sellout started babbling about slavery in ancient times, so it couldn't possible be racist when black people were rounded up, stuffed into boats and shipped to the Americas.
You are insulting Africans to think that a bunch of western white men could go into Africa WITHOUT ANY RESISTANCE and think they could ‘round up’ Black people. How and why was it that easy? Are Blacks weaker than Asians, Middle Easterners, Indians, Latinos or Indigenous Americans that a bunch of gout-infested whites could go into the jungles of Africa and easily round up people who fight everyday for their lives?

Goddamnit, to believe such a myth maps directly to the definition of racist.

The African slaves were sold out by fellow Africans. The very practice you hold US accountable for 160 years is alive and well today in the African continent and many other non-white cultures.

Whites are not left out of jack squat. I guess if every job allowed you to perform your duties for weeks then determine who is best fit toj do the job based on performance like the NBA/NFL...

It's funny how you racists think. What about baseball? Hockey Tennis? Golf? You missed those sports. AA has not failed, whites like you don't seem to understand that whites are not entitled to every job, promotion or admission. You are 70 percent of the population and you whine because you get 70 percent of the jobs, promotions and admissions.
Ditto. You think blacks are entitled to everything.

I heard what you said the first time but the difference is I'm not going to allow to shift the blame where blk ppl are to blame for white racism. Not happening. Like I'm gonna sit here and try to prove the worth of blk life to some punk old ass white supremacists.

See all your nonsense about welfare is just you trying to get white ppl off the hook.

You don't seem to get how this works. White people are in the majority. We really aren't any under obligation to fix your self-inflicted wounds. Affirmative Action and Welfare are gifts, not obligations. I personally think both are pretty reasonable to help correct past injustices... but they only go so far.

Stop dropping out of school.
Stop having babies out of wedlock.
Stop tolerating street gangs taking over your streets and flooding the neighborhoods with drugs.

That would do more to fix your problems than any "reparations" or apologies for things I personally had nothing do to with.

I didn't own a slave. Neither has anyone in my family, as near as I can tell.
I didn't discriminate against anyone for a job. Quite the contrary, I've pushed for people of color to get promoted and helped in their development.

I get the feel you enjoy being angry more than you want to fix problems.

Or you're a Russian troll trying to stir up trouble.

You are insulting Africans to think that a bunch of western white men could go into Africa WITHOUT ANY RESISTANCE and think they could ‘round up’ Black people. How and why was it that easy? Are Blacks weaker than Asians, Middle Easterners, Indians, Latinos or Indigenous Americans that a bunch of gout-infested whites could go into the jungles of Africa and easily round up people who fight everyday for their lives?

Wow, you are piss ignorant of history and how the trans-Atlantic slave trade got started.

Circa 1500, when this all started.

The reality was that when the Europeans came to the Americas, the first thing they TRIED to do was enslave the Native Americans. But the combination of disease and exploitation dramatically reduced the Native American population, by some estimates, by 75% in a century.

There were, of course, no "Latinos" at that time.

They weren't going to enslave the Middle East. The Middle East was pretty much unified under an ascendant Ottoman Empire, which they were more terrified would overrun Europe and enslave all of them.

Getting to Asia wasn't going to be that easy, either. That was the whole reason Columbus took his trip to start with, Asia was hard to get to and he was looking for a shortcut. Asia really didn't start getting exploited by Europeans until the 19th Century. In the 1500-1700's the Chinese and Mughul Empires were strong enough to resist European incursions.

So that just left Africa as a source for slaves. And yes, you had people there who sold out their own and shame on them. But this is like blaming your pusher for your drug problem.

Wow, you are piss ignorant of history and how the trans-Atlantic slave trade got started.

Circa 1500, when this all started.

The reality was that when the Europeans came to the Americas, the first thing they TRIED to do was enslave the Native Americans. But the combination of disease and exploitation dramatically reduced the Native American population, by some estimates, by 75% in a century.

There were, of course, no "Latinos" at that time.

They weren't going to enslave the Middle East. The Middle East was pretty much unified under an ascendant Ottoman Empire, which they were more terrified would overrun Europe and enslave all of them.

Getting to Asia wasn't going to be that easy, either. That was the whole reason Columbus took his trip to start with, Asia was hard to get to and he was looking for a shortcut. Asia really didn't start getting exploited by Europeans until the 19th Century. In the 1500-1700's the Chinese and Mughul Empires were strong enough to resist European incursions.

So that just left Africa as a source for slaves. And yes, you had people there who sold out their own and shame on them. But this is like blaming your pusher for your drug problem.
The Native Americans were not going to sell out their own people. Back to African Slave trade, this isn’t about relieving America for its role or solely placing blame on Africans who sold out fellow countrymen into slavery.

But, here are the facts: By comparison, America’s era of legalized slavery pales in comparison to many other nations, including Africa. Further, the practice of slavery today is dominated by non-whites. Human trafficking is extremelY illegal in the United States and can be considered a form of slavery; again, dominated by non-whites.

White America evolved from a barbaric practice 160 years ago. Asia, Latin America, the Middle East, and Africa all have either accepted forms of modern-day slavery and/or loosely enforced laws.

From that viewpoint, continued BLAME of America for Slavery and perpetuating the myth that Americans walked into Africa at Will and rounded up slaves without proxy, sponsor, authorization, and without resistance is simply a tool from the Apologize for America syndicate.

The Native Americans were not going to sell out their own people. Back to African Slave trade, this isn’t about relieving America for its role or solely placing blame on Africans who sold out fellow countrymen into slavery.

But, here are the facts: By comparison, America’s era of legalized slavery pales in comparison to many other nations, including Africa. Further, the practice of slavery today is dominated by non-whites. Human trafficking is extremelY illegal in the United States and can be considered a form of slavery; again, dominated by non-whites.

White America evolved from a barbaric practice 160 years ago. Asia, Latin America, the Middle East, and Africa all have either accepted forms of modern-day slavery and/or loosely enforced laws.

From that viewpoint, continued BLAME of America for Slavery and perpetuating the myth that Americans walked into Africa at Will and rounded up slaves without proxy, sponsor, authorization, and without resistance is simply a tool from the Apologize for America syndicate.

AND ironically defends slavery by hiding the reality of it.

Actually, the Native Americans were dying in droves before they COULD be fully enslaved.. that was the problem. Small pox and other diseases they had no immunity to killed them first.

The slave trade itself isn't the issue, it's what happened to the slaves when they got here. When the British effectively ended slave trading in the early 1800's, black women were subjected to systematic rape to produce valuable slaves to sell. Not to mention the whipping, torture, forced labor, etc. The main reason why the South fought so hard in the civil war is that they were terrified of what freed blacks would do to them.

Not what anyone was talking about here, was it?

Actually, the Native Americans were dying in droves before they COULD be fully enslaved.. that was the problem. Small pox and other diseases they had no immunity to killed them first.

The slave trade itself isn't the issue, it's what happened to the slaves when they got here. When the British effectively ended slave trading in the early 1800's, black women were subjected to systematic rape to produce valuable slaves to sell. Not to mention the whipping, torture, forced labor, etc. The main reason why the South fought so hard in the civil war is that they were terrified of what freed blacks would do to them.

Not what anyone was talking about here, was it?
There is no fucking way Native Americans could have been enslaved. Look at the fight they put up to defend their land. As for whipping, systematic rape, torture, forced labor - are you in that much denial to think that horror only occurred in the short-lived US Slavery era? All of those things you mentioned are practiced today in non-white nations that condone slavery and by non-white animals seeking to engage in human trafficking here in the US.

You keep trying to make the US experience with slavery worse and/less moral than all other cultures who condoned slavery and still practice it today.

JoeB131
You don't seem to get how this works.

Ok. Go on tell me how it works

JoeB131
White people are in the majority.

With numbers dwindling ...but carry on.

JoeB131
We really aren't any under obligation to fix your self-inflicted wounds.

Black Americans came out of slavery without a penny been given to us, living in the mud, functional illiterate, dealing with extreme anti black violence.

We were still were able to build 50 black wall streets. We were able to amass 16 to 19 million acres of property and that's with lynching being number cause of land theft. Let's not even talking redlining. Let's not even talk about Jim Crow

So black folks have always tried to fix the wounds of white supremacy by doing self-help all the time. We have to. We have enough experience with white institutions to know that they have never done much to improve their situation

But I see very little self-help in the white community. Rarely do whites spend time dealing with your own racial biases and which only you have any control over, since the folks doing the discriminating are white like you.

JoeB131
Affirmative Action and Welfare are gifts, not obligations.

You're projecting. The system of white supremacy is affirmative action for white ppl. The system of white supremacy is welfare to white ppl.,

JoeB131
Stop dropping out of school.. top having babies out of wedlock.
Stop tolerating street gangs taking over your streets and flooding the neighborhoods with drugs.

So the worth of black people is conditional - Right ? On good behaviour.

But the worth of white people is unconditional - Right ?

OK. Got it.

JoeB131
I personally think both are pretty reasonable to help correct past injustices... but they only go so far.

White suprwmacy was in place 250 years ago and white people were even more racist 250 years ago. Long before crime stats, wedlock rates and schools drop out rates.
You haven't really though this through have you ?

As I said b4 - Your arguments prevails on black people accepting our role in the house of white racism; a house that we did not ask to be held captive in.

The onus turns on us to become respectable to whites when whites created the rules that make us unrespectable by default. It's a hamster wheel within the cage.

JoeB131
That would do more to fix your problems than any "reparations" or apologies for things I personally had nothing do to with.

We are gonna get reparations. Don't worry about that.

1655665089868.png

JoeB131
I didn't own a slave. Neither has anyone in my family, as near as I can tell.

Your family did not suffer from hundreds of years of slavery - Bcoz they were White.
Your family could vote by the 1860s, not the 1960s – Bcoz they were White.
Your family could live in nice neighbourhoods and go to nice schools – Bcoz they were White.
Your family qualified for the Homestead Act, the G.I. Bill and FHA loans – Bcoz they were White.

My grandfather is still alive.. He's in his late 90's. He's a WW2 vet.

Guess what happened when he returned ?

He came to bk the USA and saw his white vets get trillions from the GI BILL or the readjustment act as it was sometimes called. They used that to buy homes, to open businesses, to get pensions, to get healthcase, to go to colege

So when white vets had children they were able to pass down land, businesses, housing and other assess.

Guess what my grandfather got ? Nothing. All he gave his children was nothing but the same poverty that he had been born into.

Let's go back further Let's go to the Homestead act. It's gave away millions of acres of land to only white people. To this day 48 to 60 million white Americans can trace their wealth bk to the homestead act. And where does most wealth come from ? LAND

So miss me with all that "I never owned a slave" nonsense. You benefitted from it

JoeB131
I didn't discriminate against anyone for a job. Quite the contrary, I've pushed for people of color to get promoted and helped in their development.

I don't care about "people of color" Many asians and Latinos are just as anti black as many whites

Black progress is measured in dollars. If black people as a group have got more dollars then we are moving in the right direction. Either we all coming up or we are all going down. The black economic structure needs to be controlled by black people. If we are not holders of capital. If we are not able to finance things at an unlimited global and universal level then the system is failing.

White supremacists may hate us because we are black but they are able to victimise us because we are poor and as long as we remain poor we remain victims.

JoeB131
I get the feel you enjoy being angry more than you want to fix problems.

When blk ppl beging raping, oppressing, exploiting, shooting, jailing, whipping, maiming, torturing, evangelizing, robbing, stereotyping, bombing, segregating, building highways and thruways to dislocate white businesses, white communities and white neighborhoods, writing books to prove how stupid white people are, creating facts to prove how white blk people are, going into majority white countries n killing the indigenous white population n enforcing systems of apartheid, creating SUN-DOWN towns, experimenting on, discriminating against, prohibiting, murdering, holding back/controlling in every imaginable way all the while hating blk ppl en mass via de jure and de facto racism for HUNDREDS of years thrn and only then will it make sense to accuse me or any blk pperson of being angry.

JoeB131
Or you're a Russian troll trying to stir up trouble.

I'm just disagreeing with you.

Secondly the problem your not a critical thinker. You are default thinker. You go to the default thinking: of American myth of rugged individualism, the belief that you start with nothing and wherever you end up is up to you and your hard work. And to the default assumption that there must be something wrong with others.

Last edited:
I have said this more than once, blacks' grievance with America left slavery as the sole issue pretty much the day after blacks were informed of emancipation. We were freed from slavery even though we received no compensation for the economic damage caused. Today’s grievances include not just slavery but the 100 years after emancipation and modern forms of racism. Simply put, human rights violations against blacks did not end after slavery. Dr. Carol Anderson points this out in detail in her book, “White Rage.”

Dr. Anderson chronicles the many methods whites used in the years after slavery to restrict the right for blacks to move around freely in America. Whites in the south used any means necessary to discourage blacks from moving north. In the north, whites terrorized blacks competing for jobs with better pay and those trying to live in majority white neighborhoods.

In July 1865, Circular 13 was issued by General Oliver Howard fully authorizing the lease of 40-acre plots of land to the newly freed blacks. As a result of this document, 40,000 formerly enslaved people began work on land that now belonged to them. But President Andrew Johnson killed these two orders and removed those 40,000 blacks from that land while destroying any income they could make. He gave the land back to whites. Johnson pardoned most of the confederate leaders, allowing them to regain power. By doing this, Johnson unleashed a reign of terror on blacks that was nothing short of attempted ethnic cleansing.

On the evening of Saturday, July 19th, 1919, in Washington D.C., a mob of mad drunken white World War 1 veterans invaded a black neighborhood because of a rumor spread about a black man assaulting the wife of a white navy man.54 Those mad white men proceeded to beat all the blacks they found.

The Omaha Race Riot occurred on September 28–29, 1919. Three conditions: black property acquisition, economic anxiety, and black male sexual aggression claims have been the standard for white violence against blacks throughout American history. The Omaha Riots met at least 2 of the three conditions. The eventual lynching of Will Brown began with reports in local media about the alleged rape of a woman on September 25, 1919. Brown was lynched, shot up after he was dead, dragged through the streets of Omaha, and set on fire. He had committed no crime.

On December 23, 1945, Mr. and Mrs. H. O’Day Short and their two little children were burned to death in Fontana, California.

For the first five years after WW2 in Chicago alone, there were over 300 documented acts of terror by whites against blacks who tried living in or near majority-white neighborhoods.65 In 1951, a black man named Harvey Clark and his family tried to move into the Cicero neighborhood of Chicago. A white mob vandalized his home and burned his furniture in the front yard. The police did nothing.

In 1955, there were more than 200 recorded acts of violence against blacks by whites in Philadelphia

In 1964, blacks again tried renting an apartment in Cicero, their apartment was vandalized. Police acted this time. They entered the apartment, took out the furniture, and told the people they were evicted.

During the same period in Detroit, there were over 200 acts of terror to stop black families from moving to the suburbs.

In 15 years from 1950 to 1965, more than 100 recorded bombings of black-owned homes occurred in Los Angeles.

In 1987, another black family tried moving into Cicero. They got gunfire and firebombs.71 Again, that was in 1987, not 1887.

Consistently since the end of slavery, there has been a section of the white community who violently resisted the efforts of blacks to live successfully in America. During this time, prosperous blacks faced acts of terror while thriving black communities got destroyed by mobs of angry whites who felt they were losing out because blacks had acquired the same things whites had. This kind of terrorism has gone long ignored in understanding the brutality and hardcore resistance to black freedom in America.

After slavery ended, southern whites went on a campaign of what can only be called ethnic cleansing. The federal government turned tail and ran by establishing a legal principle whereby the federal government did not have to enforce the 13th, 14th, and 15th amendments by using states’ rights. Apartheid became the law of the land due to the Plessy decision. Blacks tried to escape the oppressive conditions in the south by coming north, but they found just how united the states were relative to white supremacy. At every turn, whenever blacks tried reaching for what this country claims to promise, we have run into a brick wall, or more accurately, a white mob.

And I didn't include the government programs helping whites that blacks were excluded from.

July 19, 1919: White Mobs in Uniform Attack African Americans — Who Fight Back — in Washington, D.C., July 19, 1919: White Mobs in Uniform Attack African Americans — Who Fight Back — in Washington, D.C. - Zinn Education Project

Anthony Dittmar, Omaha Race Riot, Omaha Race Riot – Discovering 1919

B.C Franklin, The Tulsa Race Riots and Three of It’s Victims, A Long-Lost Manuscript Contains a Searing Eyewitness Account of the Tulsa Race Massacre of 1921

Survivors of 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre share eyewitness accounts, Survivors of 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre share eyewitness accounts - The Cincinnati Herald

William L. Patterson, We Charge Genocide, 4th edition, International Publishers Co., Inc., New York, 2017 pp.60-61

Peter Salwen, A "Northern Lynching," Remembering the Trenton Six Case, August 6, 1998, "A Northern Lynching" - the "Trenton Six" case, 50 years later

Sharon Schlegel, Harrowing case of the "Trenton Six", The Times of Trenton, Jan 28, 2012, Updated Mar 30, 2019, https://www.nj.com/times opinion/2012/01/harrowing_case_of_the_trenton.html

Richard Rothstein, Color of Law, Liverright Publishing, pp.144, 2018

Jae Jones, Cicero Race Riot: Mob of 4,000 Destroys Apartment Building with One Black Family Tenants, November 14, 2018, Cicero Race Riot: Mob of 4,000 Destroys Apartment Building with One Black Family Tenantsblack-family-tenants/

Charles Abrams, The Time Bomb That Exploded in Cicero: Segregated Housing's Inevitable Dividend, The Time Bomb That Exploded in Cicero:Segregated Housing's Inevitable Dividend

Christy Clark-Pujara and Anna-Lisa Cox, How the Myth of a Liberal North Erases a Long History of White Violence, smithsonianmag.com, August 27, 2020, How the Myth of a Liberal North Erases a Long History of White Violence
Yes, 100 years ago, there was severe racism. 50 to 75 years ago, there was less but it was still there. Today there's even less but, yes, it exists.

And your racism won't end with reparations. Racism is a real thing. People like you and those in the articles you're quoting can't let it go. It's sad. Most of those, though, are long dead.

Affirmative Action.
Not all Whites are left out but whites are left out. It’s a failed policy. Based on AA, more whites should be in the NBA and NFL.

Based on AA, there should also be at least several majority black owners as well as more black head coaches and front office personnel in the NFL and the NBA.

As of last season in both sports there were ZERO black majority owners, nor has there ever been one in the history of both leagues

As far as head coaches in the NFL, out of 32 teams, 4% of the head coaches are black.

More white players and more black owners and head coaches are absolutely in order.

You are correct, AA is not working at all in those two particular examples.

Based on AA, there should also be at least several majority black owners as well as more black head coaches and front office personnel in the NFL and the NBA.

As of last season in both sports there were ZERO black majority owners, nor has there ever been one in the history of both leagues

As far as head coaches in the NFL, out of 32 teams, 4% of the head coaches are black.

More white players and more black owners and head coaches are absolutely in order.

You are correct, AA is not working at all in those two particular examples.
Michael Jordan is the majority owner of the Charlotte Hornets and it looks like LeBron James is on track to EARN enough capital to be an owner as well.

Michael Jordan is the majority owner of the Charlotte Hornets and it looks like LeBron James is on track to EARN enough capital to be an owner as well.
That's good for Jordan. I don't follow the NBA as closely as the NFL. Maybe both leagues will work on more equality on player rosters as well as the front office.

As far as LeBron, I don't see him as being vetted by other owners for majority ownership. His activism would likely get in the way.

Jordan has never been a vocal spokesman regarding social justice matters that I can recall, plus he is universally recognized as arguably the greatest player in NBA history.

Voter suppression to name one. Now look, stop asking dumb ass questions. You know what has happened and the signature on a piece of paper didn't make anything magically disappear or erase the damge and created equality for everyone.

How are blacks, and negroes like you, kept from voting?

That's good for Jordan. I don't follow the NBA as closely as the NFL. Maybe both leagues will work on more equality on player rosters as well as the front office.

As far as LeBron, I don't see him as being vetted by other owners for majority ownership. His activism would likely get in the way.

Jordan has never been a vocal spokesman regarding social justice matters that I can recall, plus he is universally recognized as arguably the greatest player in NBA history.
The NBA is all about activism and the NFL is moving in that direction as well so that shouldn’t preclude a potential owner from being approved provided they have sufficient financial metrics. I did see a potential owner, Howard Milstein, get rejected when he tried to purchase Washington in the NFL in 1999. He got rejected because of his propensity to sue his partners in the NHL and other business ventures. Milstein claimed it was because he was Jewish despite the league having more than 30 percent of its owners being Jewish so he turned around and sued them.

Blacks would hate that, simply because the majority of NBA players are black. The New York Knicks have one white guy on their roster...

The NBA is all about activism and the NFL is moving in that direction as well so that shouldn’t preclude a potential owner from being approved provided they have sufficient financial metrics. I did see a potential owner, Howard Milstein, get rejected when he tried to purchase Washington in the NFL in 1999. He got rejected because of his propensity to sue his partners in the NHL and other business ventures. Milstein claimed it was because he was Jewish despite the league having more than 30 percent of its owners being Jewish so he turned around and sued them.
One would think that the financial aspect should be the most important. As I had said, follow the NFL more closely because I've had family members that played and coached in the league.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Forum List

Back