Zone1 Captain Obvious-WHITE IS A RACE!

64e8a7ebe8f50.webp

“Whiteness is what I call the “transcendental norm,” which means that whiteness goes unmarked. As unmarked, white people are able to live their identities as unraced, as simply human, as persons. And this obfuscates the ways in which their lives depend upon various affordances that black people and people of color don’t possess.”23

George Yancey puts the finger on the cause of the amnesia that seems to exist in parts of the white community. When this subculture sees a mental picture of an American, they see a white person.Part of the white community has conflated the word American to mean white and claim they do not see race when that is all they see. They do not think twice about how white is a race. Right-wing whites are angry, blaming the left for paying identty poitics because we menton race, or whine about DEI because non whites are included with whites who aready have the jobs because of their race.

White is a race, therefore DEI includes whites. Affirmative Action included whites, and when whites talk about non whtes they are playing the race card. America has been a society based upon identity and identity politics begain on July 4, 1776.

White people have a race — but everyone flips out when we talk about it​

In other words, you really have to understand the idea of whiteness to even begin to talk about race in America. As Columbia University historian Barbara J. Fields told the producers of PBS's series Race: The Power of An Illusion, it was self-identified white Americans of European descent who "invented race during the era of the American Revolution as a way of resolving the contradiction between a natural right to freedom and the fact of slavery." Slavery is over, but whiteness remains the identity against which ethnic groups are compared and the identity that racism protects.

One white teenager profiled in the new MTV documentary White People put it in plain language: "White is the default. It's the default race."

Facts!

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
And who is Joyce? America was made diverse when whites landed on these shores. So then diversity illegally occupies your land, tries to enact genocide, enslaves people, creates a criminal fascist system and then grows generations of delusional idiots who end up posting bullshit like what we see above.

“Whiteness is what I call the “transcendental norm,” which means that whiteness goes unmarked. As unmarked, white people are able to live their identities as unraced, as simply human, as persons. And this obfuscates the ways in which their lives depend upon various affordances that black people and people of color don’t possess.”23

George Yancey puts the finger on the cause of the amnesia that seems to exist in parts of the white community. When this subculture sees a mental picture of an American, they see a white person.Part of the white community has conflated the word American to mean white and claim they do not see race when that is all they see. They do not think twice about how white is a race. Right-wing whites are angry, blaming the left for paying identty poitics because we menton race, or whine about DEI because non whites are included with whites who aready have the jobs because of their race.

White is a race, therefore DEI includes whites. Affirmative Action included whites, and when whites talk about non whtes they are playing the race card. America has been a society based upon identity and identity politics begain on July 4, 1776.

White people have a race — but everyone flips out when we talk about it​

In other words, you really have to understand the idea of whiteness to even begin to talk about race in America. As Columbia University historian Barbara J. Fields told the producers of PBS's series Race: The Power of An Illusion, it was self-identified white Americans of European descent who "invented race during the era of the American Revolution as a way of resolving the contradiction between a natural right to freedom and the fact of slavery." Slavery is over, but whiteness remains the identity against which ethnic groups are compared and the identity that racism protects.

One white teenager profiled in the new MTV documentary White People put it in plain language: "White is the default. It's the default race."

Why are all your posts racist?

Captain Oblivious doesn't realize it's 2024. I saw REAL systemic racism in the 60s. Like I've told you 100 times systemic racism was replaced by systemic favoritism decades ago.
In the 1960s I was in the Air Force in Mississippi. I had been raised in Ohio. I could not believe the racism I saw there.

We came into Biloxi Mississippi from basic training on a bus. I noticed a sign on a laundry that said “Whites Only.” I asked the airman beside me if that meant white clothes only.

He laughed at me and said, “You dumb Yankee. That means only white people can use that laundry.”

For me, Mississippi was a wake up call. The high school I had attended in Ohio had two blacks, brother and sister. Both were popular. The brother was the high school football team’s QB and his sister a cheerleader.

And who is Joyce? America was made diverse when whites landed on these shores. So then diversity illegally occupies your land, tries to enact genocide, enslaves people, creates a criminal fascist system and then grows generations of delusional idiots who end up posting bullshit like what we see above.
LOL oh that “diversity”. Now I understand…

There was diversity in the Americas before “whites landed on these shores”. There were hundreds of different Native American cultures before you liberal control freaks lumped them all together and put them on the pride flag In the same category as black people and Mexicans.

In the 1960s I was in the Air Force in Mississippi. I had been raised in Ohio. I could not believe the racism I saw there.

We came into Biloxi Mississippi from basic training on a bus. I noticed a sign on a laundry that said “Whites Only.” I asked the airman beside me if that meant white clothes only.

He laughed at me and said, “You dumb Yankee. That means only white people can use that laundry.”

For me, Mississippi was a wake up call. The high school I had attended in Ohio had two blacks, brother and sister. Both were popular. The brother was the high school football team’s QB and his sister a cheerleader.
I was an Air Force brat, and we moved to Alabama when I was around 6. That's where I saw the Whites Only, Colored water fountains etc. That was early 60s. When I was a sophomore in HS in Maryland that was when bussing started. We were scared to death when the first Black kids showed up, but we soon realized thy were just as scared as us. It actually went ok I don't remember any fights.

My problem with this whole thing is that nobody wants to do what would actually fix the issue. Remove the names and identifying criteria from applications. Credentials and Experience only. Then see who gets hired based solely on MERIT
The problem with that is merit has never been a consideratuon and most of the people wh will be determining "merit" are not in those positions because of merit. Credentials and experience is supposed to be how things are considered by now.

I'm not black so I can't speak to how blacks were treated in the past as opposed to now.

But I can say that whites are trying very hard to be fair now, including me.

I told IM2 I had a black girlfriend, and he made an obscene comment about our relationship.

This convinced me that IM2 is a hateful person and the most racist of all of us on this forum.
Well I can speak to being black and say that you're wrong. You told me you had a black girlfriend after maing derogatory racist comments about black people sinceyou wantto bring that up all the time. So if you have a blac girlfriend she must be Candace Owens. Your comments convinced me that you're a white racist who thinks that because you have a black girfriend you have permission to say racist things.

You can drop that white supremacist narrative. Asians, just ike every other non white group, were helped by Affirmative Action, but the number one recipient were white femaes like Lisa and the others in here who think they gothired because of "merit". LOL!
So the melatonin challenged need not apply IM2?
~S~

So the melatonin challenged need not apply IM2?
~S~
This is a stupid comment. Grow the fuck up and understand that whites are not entitled to every job.

The problem with that is merit has never been a consideratuon and most of the people wh will be determining "merit" are not in those positions because of merit. Credentials and experience is supposed to be how things are considered by now.
The words of a man who has no idea what he's talking about. MERIT HAS NEVER BEEN A CONSIDERATION in the hiring of most people??? Arrogance and ignorance are a bad combination and you are flush with both.

The problem with that is merit has never been a consideratuon and most of the people wh will be determining "merit" are not in those positions because of merit. Credentials and experience is supposed to be how things are considered by now
Sorry, I don’t work that way. Probably why I’ve studiously avoided Supervisory and Management jobs over the years.

And who is Joyce?
Andrew Joyce. A popular right wing thinker. Who said what he said is unimportant. The facts he presents are important.
America was made diverse when whites landed on these shores.

You still pretend that you don't understand what diversity means in a political sense. You know what it means, I know that you know what it means, and you know that I know that you know what it means.

So then diversity illegally occupies your land,

Actually the natives frequently went to war with each to take their enemies land and make their enemies into slaves. White people simply had a better military. The natives get no virtuous points for losing.

tries to enact genocide,
Had they wanted genocide the White man could have done it.

enslaves people,
So did everyone. Get over it.
creates a criminal fascist system
You have no idea what fascism is.

Forum List

Back