where do your ancestors come from …. as far as you know?

they came from …

• Total voters
Mother's side Italy. Father's side Irish.

Tuscany and Naples on the Italian side, Cork and Derry on the Irish.

I was born here and my parents were born here. 3/4 Grandparents were not born here.

this is a poll now
/----/ According to 23andMe DNA testing
Northwestern European 98.9%
French & German 78.7% Baden-Württemberg, Germany Grisons, Switzerland +2 regions
British & Irish 19.0% England Lancashire and West Yorkshire +19 regions Broadly Northwestern European
Southern European 0.6%
Spanish & Portuguese 0.6%
Broadly European 0.5%

Mother's side Italy. Father's side Irish.

Tuscany and Naples on the Italian side, Cork and Derry on the Irish.

I was born here and my parents were born here. 3/4 Grandparents were not born here.
/-----/ My late wife was the same 1/2 Italian on her mother's side, and half Irish. Fortunately, she got her cooking skills from the Italian side and her party skills from the Irish side, and not the other way around.

/-----/ My late wife was the same 1/2 Italian on her mother's side, and half Irish. Fortunately, she got her cooking skills from the Italian side and her party skills from the Irish side, and not the other way around.

I can drink and eat, wine, beer, whiskey, grappa.

Luckily I got the Italian skin, so I don't burn too much.

My siblings, less fortunate (One's a ginger, but a day walker ginger)

60% Scandinavian (includes Germany, Austria)

15% Asian (Manchurian)
10% Southeastern American Tribes U.S.A.
2% Spainish
1% Algerian
The rest british isles . Ireland, Crete

Most surprising the island of Crete.

In 1972 my Father Paid a genealogist 100.00$ ( She went back to 1762 North Carolina for His side of the Family ) she said give me 100.00$ more and she could go farther back ( into Europe) He declined as he thought she might wind up in Bavaria or somewhere undesirable as there was still animosity from the Wars .

In 1972 my Father Paid a genealogist 100.00$ ( She went back to 1762 North Carolina for His side of the Family ) she said give me 100.00$ more and she could go farther back ( into Europe) He declined as he thought she might wind up in Bavaria or somewhere undesirable as there was still animosity from the Wars .
is Bavaria undesirable?

Forum List

Back