Where are all the political signs ?

Timmy

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2015
i actually noticed a Trump / Pence sign today . It stuck out because I haven't see any. The more I thought, I haven't been seeing ANY signs .

Is this a reflection of our souring attitude towards politics ?

Have you guys noticed the same ?

i actually noticed a Trump / Pence sign today . It stuck out because I haven't see any. The more I thought, I haven't been seeing ANY signs .

No....this is the fear that lefties will take the sign, vandalize it or vandalize your home......they are becoming more and more violent as you can see how they act at Trump rallies....

After Labor Day they'll sprout like weeds.
i actually noticed a Trump / Pence sign today . It stuck out because I haven't see any. The more I thought, I haven't been seeing ANY signs. Is this a reflection of our souring attitude towards politics ? Have you guys noticed the same ?
No....this is the fear that lefties will take the sign, vandalize it or vandalize your home......they are becoming more and more violent as you can see how they act at Trump rallies....
The conspiracy theories, however, will continue to bloom into the winter.

i actually noticed a Trump / Pence sign today . It stuck out because I haven't see any. The more I thought, I haven't been seeing ANY signs. Is this a reflection of our souring attitude towards politics ? Have you guys noticed the same ?

Not a conspiracy theory.....chicago gangs take down the signs of political candidates who are opposing the gangs pet candidate.......and the violence is real too.....

Other than local, (state races), the only 'political' sign I've seen is a 'Hillary for Prison' sign, about 12' up a light pole

The only time I see Trump signs are on cars and hilarious looking motorcycles. I should start snapping pics of them when I see them, because they're always the shittiest looking cars or these ridiculous motorcycles that look like they belong to the mentally ill. I've yet to see a 'normal' looking vehicle display a Trump sticker, probably because all Trump supporters are loons.

None really to speak of in my area, but their weren't a lot in 2008 or 2012 either as far as the Presidential candidates. There were a lot of tea party type signs in 2008, which prompted a local ordinance related to them because they were putting them in obnoxious places, sometimes completely blocking the field of vision of people on side streets.

The Obama campaign gave out no yard signs, and I'd guess the Clinton campaign is the same. You can pay $20 or so and buy a yard sign, but few people do. It's been found that yard signs are a waste of money, as they usually have no effect on how people vote. The only time they're useful is when a local candidate needs to develop name recognition.

A month or so back, I saw a lot of Republican signs just before the primaries, and there were many Trump signs along the way.

Even caught some idiot who had discharged from the Navy out of standards, at a political rally in his uniform.

And yeah, I've seen a couple (meaning 2) signs for Trump on my street.

Not a conspiracy theory.....chicago gangs take down the signs of political candidates who are opposing the gangs pet candidate.......and the violence is real too.....

Oh really? Tell us more about the Chicago gangs candidates! Do they have their own primaries ?!?

What's this years big issue ? Regulations on cutting cocaine ? Lol!

My my...what frightened little mice you are.

The Obama campaign gave out no yard signs, and I'd guess the Clinton campaign is the same. You can pay $20 or so and buy a yard sign, but few people do. It's been found that yard signs are a waste of money, as they usually have no effect on how people vote. The only time they're useful is when a local candidate needs to develop name recognition.
Those are the only signs I've seen, actually.

I think it's a combination of people being disgusted with both parties and these two candidates and a real fear of extremist nutjobs from both sides stealing the signs and even vandalizing their home simply because of the candidate they support.

Oh really? Tell us more about the Chicago gangs candidates! Do they have their own primaries ?!?

Yeah..they do....the gangs recruit them and then use them to keep police resources out of their territory genius.....they also use them to pressure the police to not make arrests....moron.......

I think it's a combination of people being disgusted with both parties and these two candidates and a real fear of extremist nutjobs from both sides stealing the signs and even vandalizing their home simply because of the candidate they support.

Sorry....the extremists from both sides meme is false.......the only organized violence is coming from Hilary supporters.....they attacked more Trump supporters this weekend and even got within touching distance of the Trump motorcade......one of them tried to kill Trump and they shut down one of his rallies...they shot another Trump supporter who n the leg and beat another one with a crow bar......

The only real violence is from the democrat side....

Here you go twit...

Gangs and Politicians in Chicago: An Unholy Alliance

Baskin—who was himself a candidate in the 16th Ward aldermanic race, which he would lose—was happy to oblige. In all, he says, he helped broker meetings between roughly 30 politicians (ten sitting aldermen and 20 candidates for City Council) and at least six gang representatives. That claim is backed up by two other community activists, Harold Davis Jr. and Kublai K. M. Toure, who worked with Baskin to arrange the meetings, and a third participant, also a community activist, who requested anonymity. The gang representatives were former chiefs who had walked away from day-to-day thug life, but they were still respected on the streets and wielded enough influence to mobilize active gang members.

----------------

some of the meetings, the politicians arrived with campaign materials and occasionally with aides. The sessions were organized much like corporate-style job fairs. The gang representatives conducted hourlong interviews, one after the other, talking to as many as five candidates in a single evening. Like supplicants, the politicians came into the room alone and sat before the gang representatives, who sat behind a long table. “One candidate said, ‘I feel like I’m in the hot seat,’” recalls Baskin. “And they were.”

The former chieftains, several of them ex-convicts, represented some of the most notorious gangs on the South and West Sides, including the Vice Lords, Gangster Disciples, Black Disciples, Cobras, Black P Stones, and Black Gangsters. Before the election, the gangs agreed to set aside decades-old rivalries and bloody vendettas to operate as a unified political force, which they called Black United Voters of Chicago. “They realized that if they came together, they could get the politicians to come to them,” explains Baskin.

Sorry....the extremists from both sides meme is false.......the only organized violence is coming from Hilary supporters.....they attacked more Trump supporters this weekend and even got within touching distance of the Trump motorcade......one of them tried to kill Trump and they shut down one of his rallies...they shot another Trump supporter who n the leg and beat another one with a crow bar......

Is this were we pretend we didn't see anti trump people being punched out at trump rallies ?

Actually, I've noticed more than I expected.

Is this were we pretend we didn't see anti trump people being punched out at trump rallies ?

One old man...vs. the organized violence and attacks at Trump rallies........the shooting of on trump supporter, the beating of another with a crow bar and the punching, kicking and throwing eggs at others...........not to forget the actual assassination attempt on Trump......

Forum List

Back