When Ideology become Theology

I'd like this to be a serious discussion so I you want to throw bombs, go elsewhere.

I'm a Republican. Been one since 1973. I've watched in fascination, despair, anger, and bemusement as the Party of Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, IKE and Reagan has devolved into the circus we see every day. Remember back in the 80s when it was "Republicans rely on logic, Democrats rely on feelings?" My how times have changed.

They've changed but what bought about such a radical change in the party? How is it Jon Huntsman, the former governor of Utah is a traitor because he agreed to serve as Ambassador to China? They guy was a great choice in a position that is supposed to be completely apolitical. What happened? Obama and the fervent belief that the GOP must hate all things Obama.

In the church that call this excommunication. Banning from the benefits of the religion.

Have you ever tried to convince a religious person that they are simply factually wrong in their beliefs? It is impossible because their beliefs are based on faith not on facts and no amount of evidence can change their opinion.

If you step back and observe the GOP in 2021 is it any different?
Trump lost the election by a bunch. But despite the overwhelming evidence Trump lost and ZERO evidence to the contrary the GOP takes it on faith that Trump won, everyone cheated, and he will rise again.

It's not just the election. The GOP truly has no governing policies to speak of. It has devolved into this collection of issue silos where the adherents to the beliefs in one silo share nothing in common with the other silos yet, as long as those silos support their craziness, they will support the other silos without question. These silos? They're like individual churches. Baptist, Catholic. Jew. Gun, Abortion, Tax. All of them holding their beliefs fiercely and totally on factless faith.

Like all religions, it has a leader, Trump, the GOP pope and like all religions it has its scammers practicing the religion as a grift. Again, trump but also McConnell, McCarthy, MTG and the rest. They're just playing the rubes for the cash.

You can try to argue with my interpretation of the facts but the fact do fit the interpretation.

But what happens next.

If we can't talk these people down there will be, in effect, a "religious war." What happens in 2024 when they lose the next presidential election? When their attempts at stealing and rigging the election fail? You've read their words here. Their talk about violence.

This topic is deserving of several hundred pages but I'm not that kind of guy.

If you do not believe gun rights and taxes are important issues, you are not a republican. You never were one.

As for the problems of the GOP, that is the 911 crowd, and if you don't have a clue about science either, you probably still believe the official version of 911, which is completely laughable.

I'd like this to be a serious discussion so I you want to throw bombs, go elsewhere.

I'm a Republican. Been one since 1973. I've watched in fascination, despair, anger, and bemusement as the Party of Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, IKE and Reagan has devolved into the circus we see every day. Remember back in the 80s when it was "Republicans rely on logic, Democrats rely on feelings?" My how times have changed.

They've changed but what bought about such a radical change in the party? How is it Jon Huntsman, the former governor of Utah is a traitor because he agreed to serve as Ambassador to China? They guy was a great choice in a position that is supposed to be completely apolitical. What happened? Obama and the fervent belief that the GOP must hate all things Obama.

In the church that call this excommunication. Banning from the benefits of the religion.

Have you ever tried to convince a religious person that they are simply factually wrong in their beliefs? It is impossible because their beliefs are based on faith not on facts and no amount of evidence can change their opinion.

Trump lost the election by a bunch. But despite the overwhelming evidence Trump lost and ZERO evidence to the contrary the GOP takes it on faith that Trump won, everyone cheated, and he will rise again.

It's not just the election. The GOP truly has no governing policies to speak of. It has devolved into this collection of issue silos where the adherents to the beliefs in one silo share nothing in common with the other silos yet, as long as those silos support their craziness, they will support the other silos without question. These silos? They're like individual churches. Baptist, Catholic. Jew. Gun, Abortion, Tax. All of them holding their beliefs fiercely and totally on factless faith.

Like all religions, it has a leader, Trump, the GOP pope and like all religions it has its scammers practicing the religion as a grift. Again, trump but also McConnell, McCarthy, MTG and the rest. They're just playing the rubes for the cash.

You can try to argue with my interpretation of the facts but the fact do fit the interpretation.

But what happens next.

If we can't talk these people down there will be, in effect, a "religious war." What happens in 2024 when they lose the next presidential election? When their attempts at stealing and rigging the election fail? You've read their words here. Their talk about violence.

Word.

It's because the base has gone insane.

Don't overthink this.

But what happens next.

Word.

Don't overthink this.

We on the right, had one small riot over the last 4 years, on 1/6.

YOu lefties had HUNDREDS, in dozens of cities, killing dozens, causing BILLIONS in damage.

You are the ones that have gone insane. That we are angry with you people, is US being SANE.

But what happens next.

Keep your head in the sand if you want. Others of us that observed the dems going thru the back door like gutless cowards they are will not be put off by deep state BS.

But what happens next.

This is rich, coming from the party that worships The State.

You guys in the Trump cult have no problem using the power of the state to interfere in the private affairs of citizens and corporations because culture war.

Just look at all the "conservatives" salivating over Ron DeSantis signing a law that interferes in the internal affairs of "Big Tech."

The GQP has become an authoritarian cult of personality movement steeped in grievance. It has nothing to do with libertarian values.

But I'm sure you have to keep telling yourself otherwise because cognitive dissonance is a powerful thing.

Mac1958 is in this thread implying that republicans are nazis. That is the type of shit we have to put up with from the dems.

That type of partisanship, from them, does not encourage working together.
You're wrong. He pointed out the cult of personality thing.

When he did that, he was making the point of calling us nazis. My point was that that type of partisan bullshit from the dems, discourages working together.

That was my point. It was pretty clear. Would you like to address it, or just post some more stupid shit?
Why would anyone want to work with Dems? They are scum.

How many times do we see people claim they were (are) staunch republicans ....but..... Tiresome. The post might as well come from some safe house in Slobovia. If you are a republican work to make the party better instead of whining about "theology" that doesn't even make sense.

Last edited:

Mac1958 is in this thread implying that republicans are nazis. That is the type of shit we have to put up with from the dems.

When he did that, he was making the point of calling us nazis. My point was that that type of partisan bullshit from the dems, discourages working together.

That was my point. It was pretty clear. Would you like to address it, or just post some more stupid shit?
He was making the connection of the Trump personality cult and some cult from the past.

Was it Mao? Stalin? Pol Pot?

You made an inference that was not implied.
Perhaps you should look into why you made the inference rather than making unfounded accusations.

Why would anyone want to work with Dems? They are scum.

It does reflect poorly on who does it.

But what happens next.

This is rich, coming from the party that worships The State.
If you're unable to address the topic there are other threads dying for your "wisdom."

But what happens next.

Very heartfelt and powerful observations OP.

You might want to check out a couple videos that addresses what you've observed...

But what happens next.

Why do rinos never have anything bad to say about the Democrat Party?
Why are you afraid to address the topic?

Your OP only looks at one party, when there are two major parties in the US. The battlelines have been drawn for years. The current battle is not fought with bullets, but with votes and policies successfully passed, like taking "Hamburger Hill" again and again. The animosity between the Shia and Sunni pales in comparison.
To disprove your apparent contention that the GOP is full of mindless rubes adoring all things Trump to the point of a religion. Let me suggest to you that Trump may not win the 2024 nomination. I won't vote for him in the primary, but if he is the GOP nominee I will vote for him over an 82 year old Xiden or racist-socialist Kamala Harris.
The main points you missed are the major policy differences that the parties are using to garner votes. Trump and Xiden are the "generals" putting up strategy and rationale' and resources why their policies are good and the other parties' policies are horrible.
Here is a short list of major policy differences where you need to pick one party or the other. Remember, it matters not who is in the oval office signing the legislation, what matters most is which policies are passed into law:
Defund the police
Border and immigration policies
Energy policies
Military posture
The Green New Deal
"Wokeness"
Law and Order vs Anarchy
Reprogram the US education system: Critical Race Theory vs Traditional/Family Values
God vs atheism
China and trade policies
Outsourcing jobs by taxing corporations so much they relocate
HR-1 grab for one-party rule
Make DC & PR new states taking over the US senate forever
Replacing the Electoral College with the popular vote
Totally turning the US into a socialist/failed state.
Packing the US Supreme Court with Leftists
No telling whether Joe will be wanting to run or not.
Defund is not a national issue, so there certainly will be no legislation on that.
Border and immigration too screwed by ideology it the issue's value to make money fund raising, so no meaningful legislation there.
Could be some more on energy policy, especially wind. Is there still a moratorium on new fracking on public land? Would not be surprised to see that lifted or eased. We aren't off the petroleum tit yet. Not even close and a lost of money to be made.
Military posture is fine. Would really like to see us get the rest of the way out of the middle east and leave it to Israel and the middle easterners, but doubt it happens.
Green New Deal is basically dead (DOA after AOC introduced it) and has been accept for some investment in wind.
Wokeness is not addressable in congress. It is just something to piss off the right.
Law and order vs Anarchy will be addressed after the commission writes it's report on Jan 6.
That critical race BS needs to be done away with.
God vs Atheism cannot be addressed in congress unless we throw out freedom of religion, and that ain't happening, thank God.
I kind of curious where China trade policy is going, myself. Kind of doubt we will keep the farmers out of the market by continuing or escalating a dumb ass trade war.
Corporate taxation is a sticky wicket. For the last 15 years, I have paid more in income tax than a bunch of multi-million/billion corporations, and I am not a rich man by any means and that doesn't seem right. I am not big on corporate welfare, as I don't see it benefits me.
HR-1 is not a grab for one party rule, near as much as a party that wanted to overthrow free elections to keep their guy in power.
The electoral college will stay, unless states decide they can overthrow the vote of the voters and name electors for their party no matter who the people voted for.
DC should never be a state. I do not care either way on Puerto Rico, but would favor it before DC.
People have been talking about this country being a failed state for one reason or another for years, but we're still here and staying.
I think we ought to leave the Supreme court alone and they probably will. It wouldn't even come up if the republicans had not tried to pack it by being underhanded.

I'm a Republican.
This belongs in political satire.
Caddokid lol…back with a vengeance
Unable to address the topic.
Expected.
There are other threads waiting for your "talents."

I see that you are fairly new here.

This is par for the course.

If you expect intelligent discourse, you are going to be sorely disappointed.

This place is all about tribalistic ad hominems.

But what happens next.

If you do not believe gun rights and taxes are important issues, you are not a republican. You never were one.

As for the problems of the GOP, that is the 911 crowd, and if you don't have a clue about science either, you probably still believe the official version of 911, which is completely laughable.
I didn't address gun rights.
I pointed out the silos of religious adherents within the party and their willingness to subvert their own well being to gain members in their church.

Might want to reread the OP and this time read to understand before your respond.

You do know that prior to 1994 guns were not that big a thing in GOP circles. No?
You do know that lowering taxes DOES NOT increase revenues. No?

Pretty sure you're the topic of the thread.

He was making the connection of the Trump personality cult and some cult from the past.

Was it Mao? Stalin? Pol Pot?

You made an inference that was not implied.
Perhaps you should look into why you made the inference rather than making unfounded accusations.

Or, you might consider how much time Mac and I have spent on this site and make the massive mental leap that I know what Mac is snidely implying.

But instead, you made assumptions so that you could make snide and deeply insulting implications TOO.

Your behavior supports my point. YOU PEOPLE are being insanely rude and insulting. THat we on the right are increasingly partisan in response, is a normal and healthy response.

But what happens next.

Word.

Don't overthink this.
of course it has in the eyes of dispassionate observers.
The question is why and can the be bought back?

Anybody notice that "cult" is the new left wing catchword? If you like Trump you must be part of a "cult" and if you disagree with the global warming theory and the democrat agenda you must be part of a "cult". The problem is if you have been demonized as a "cult" by the media during a democrat administration you can kiss the Constitution goodbye as you risk obliteration by tanks and poison gas.

But what happens next.

Keep your head in the sand if you want. Others of us that observed the dems going thru the back door like gutless cowards they are will not be put off by deep state BS.
Try that again and try to address the OP as opposed to whatever you said.

Forum List

Back