When Ideology become Theology

I'd like this to be a serious discussion so I you want to throw bombs, go elsewhere.

I'm a Republican. Been one since 1973. I've watched in fascination, despair, anger, and bemusement as the Party of Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, IKE and Reagan has devolved into the circus we see every day. Remember back in the 80s when it was "Republicans rely on logic, Democrats rely on feelings?" My how times have changed.

They've changed but what bought about such a radical change in the party? How is it Jon Huntsman, the former governor of Utah is a traitor because he agreed to serve as Ambassador to China? They guy was a great choice in a position that is supposed to be completely apolitical. What happened? Obama and the fervent belief that the GOP must hate all things Obama.

In the church that call this excommunication. Banning from the benefits of the religion.

Have you ever tried to convince a religious person that they are simply factually wrong in their beliefs? It is impossible because their beliefs are based on faith not on facts and no amount of evidence can change their opinion.

If you step back and observe the GOP in 2021 is it any different?
Trump lost the election by a bunch. But despite the overwhelming evidence Trump lost and ZERO evidence to the contrary the GOP takes it on faith that Trump won, everyone cheated, and he will rise again.

It's not just the election. The GOP truly has no governing policies to speak of. It has devolved into this collection of issue silos where the adherents to the beliefs in one silo share nothing in common with the other silos yet, as long as those silos support their craziness, they will support the other silos without question. These silos? They're like individual churches. Baptist, Catholic. Jew. Gun, Abortion, Tax. All of them holding their beliefs fiercely and totally on factless faith.

Like all religions, it has a leader, Trump, the GOP pope and like all religions it has its scammers practicing the religion as a grift. Again, trump but also McConnell, McCarthy, MTG and the rest. They're just playing the rubes for the cash.

You can try to argue with my interpretation of the facts but the fact do fit the interpretation.

But what happens next.

If we can't talk these people down there will be, in effect, a "religious war." What happens in 2024 when they lose the next presidential election? When their attempts at stealing and rigging the election fail? You've read their words here. Their talk about violence.

This topic is deserving of several hundred pages but I'm not that kind of guy.

Word.

It's because the base has gone insane.

Don't overthink this.
of course it has in the eyes of dispassionate observers.
The question is why and can the be bought back?

Keep calling them nazis every chance you get. That will build bridges of understanding and good feelings.

I'd like this to be a serious discussion so I you want to throw bombs, go elsewhere.

I'm a Republican. Been one since 1973. I've watched in fascination, despair, anger, and bemusement as the Party of Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, IKE and Reagan has devolved into the circus we see every day. Remember back in the 80s when it was "Republicans rely on logic, Democrats rely on feelings?" My how times have changed.

They've changed but what bought about such a radical change in the party? How is it Jon Huntsman, the former governor of Utah is a traitor because he agreed to serve as Ambassador to China? They guy was a great choice in a position that is supposed to be completely apolitical. What happened? Obama and the fervent belief that the GOP must hate all things Obama.

In the church that call this excommunication. Banning from the benefits of the religion.

Have you ever tried to convince a religious person that they are simply factually wrong in their beliefs? It is impossible because their beliefs are based on faith not on facts and no amount of evidence can change their opinion.

Trump lost the election by a bunch. But despite the overwhelming evidence Trump lost and ZERO evidence to the contrary the GOP takes it on faith that Trump won, everyone cheated, and he will rise again.

It's not just the election. The GOP truly has no governing policies to speak of. It has devolved into this collection of issue silos where the adherents to the beliefs in one silo share nothing in common with the other silos yet, as long as those silos support their craziness, they will support the other silos without question. These silos? They're like individual churches. Baptist, Catholic. Jew. Gun, Abortion, Tax. All of them holding their beliefs fiercely and totally on factless faith.

Like all religions, it has a leader, Trump, the GOP pope and like all religions it has its scammers practicing the religion as a grift. Again, trump but also McConnell, McCarthy, MTG and the rest. They're just playing the rubes for the cash.

You can try to argue with my interpretation of the facts but the fact do fit the interpretation.

But what happens next.

If we can't talk these people down there will be, in effect, a "religious war." What happens in 2024 when they lose the next presidential election? When their attempts at stealing and rigging the election fail? You've read their words here. Their talk about violence.

This is rich, coming from the party that worships The State.

You guys in the Trump cult have no problem using the power of the state to interfere in the private affairs of citizens and corporations because culture war.

Just look at all the "conservatives" salivating over Ron DeSantis signing a law that interferes in the internal affairs of "Big Tech."

The GQP has become an authoritarian cult of personality movement steeped in grievance. It has nothing to do with libertarian values.

But I'm sure you have to keep telling yourself otherwise because cognitive dissonance is a powerful thing.
But how?
How did we get from Bush 41 to Trump?

BTW..I know the answer. Starts with the "Southern Strategy."

I'm a Republican.
This belongs in political satire.
Caddokid lol…back with a vengeance
Unable to address the topic.
Expected.
There are other threads waiting for your "talents."

I see that you are fairly new here.

This is par for the course.

If you expect intelligent discourse, you are going to be sorely disappointed.

This place is all about tribalistic ad hominems.
As hominem? This is caddo kid and his burner account

But what happens next.

You guys in the Trump cult have no problem using the power of the state to interfere in the private affairs of citizens and corporations because culture war.

Just look at all the "conservatives" salivating over Ron DeSantis signing a law that interferes in the internal affairs of "Big Tech."

The GQP has become an authoritarian cult of personality movement steeped in grievance. It has nothing to do with libertarian values.

But I'm sure you have to keep telling yourself otherwise because cognitive dissonance is a powerful thing.
But how?

That makes no sense. IF you are a believer in the Southern Strategy conspiracy theory, then it supposedly has been part of EVERY gop platform since nixon, (at least).

So, you are just throwing out partisan shit now.

Which supports my point, that you people are so partisan that it encourages anger from us.

But what happens next.

But how?

We got to Trump BECAUSE of shit stains like the Bushes.

Anybody notice that "cult" is the new left wing catchword? If you like Trump you must be part of a "cult" and if you disagree with the global warming theory and the democrat agenda you must be part of a "cult". The problem is if you have been demonized as a "cult" by the media during a democrat administration you can kiss the Constitution goodbye as you risk obliteration by tanks and poison gas.
We know this behavior as "projection".

Last edited:

But what happens next.

Your concern for the Republican party is heart warming.

Thanks so much.

But what happens next.

This is uncharted territory for this country. The world hasn’t seen this type of adoration and devotion for one person in many decades. And it didn’t end very well back then.

I’d like to think that Jan 6 was rock bottom for these people. But watch and listen to them, and yeah, it’s like a jihad, a holy war.

And for him, of all people. Of all freakin’ people.
We like "America First" Trump.
You democrats like "Russia First" Xiden. It's that simple.
You are unable to address the topic. I will ask the mods to block you if it continues.
Your OP hypothesis is bullshit. The mods would sooner move this bullshit thread than block my honest commentary.
Trump is "America First". (That's why we vote for him)
Xiden (Putin's Bitch) is "Russia First".

How many times do we see people claim they were (are) staunch republicans ....but..... Tiresome. The post might as well come from some safe house in Slobovia. If you are a republican work to make the party better instead of whining about "theology" that doesn't even make sense.
He's not a Republican. He's a liar, of course.

But what happens next.

If you do not believe gun rights and taxes are important issues, you are not a republican. You never were one.

As for the problems of the GOP, that is the 911 crowd, and if you don't have a clue about science either, you probably still believe the official version of 911, which is completely laughable.
I didn't address gun rights.
I pointed out the silos of religious adherents within the party and their willingness to subvert their own well being to gain members in their church.

Might want to reread the OP and this time read to understand before your respond.

You do know that prior to 1994 guns were not that big a thing in GOP circles. No?
You do know that lowering taxes DOES NOT increase revenues. No?

Pretty sure you're the topic of the thread.
Your theory that he doesn't understand is the ultimate pretension.

But what happens next.

But how?

We got their because Bush sold out Republicans. We aren't nominating any more Bushes because they think it's there turn.

But what happens next.

If you do not believe gun rights and taxes are important issues, you are not a republican. You never were one.

As for the problems of the GOP, that is the 911 crowd, and if you don't have a clue about science either, you probably still believe the official version of 911, which is completely laughable.
I didn't address gun rights.
I pointed out the silos of religious adherents within the party and their willingness to subvert their own well being to gain members in their church.

Might want to reread the OP and this time read to understand before your respond.

You do know that prior to 1994 guns were not that big a thing in GOP circles. No?
You do know that lowering taxes DOES NOT increase revenues. No?

Pretty sure you're the topic of the thread.

Gun rights became a bigger issue in 1994 because democrats started pushing more gun control. The issue was always there. It is a central part of every long term republican.

Taxes and spending go together. Reagan tried to get tax and spending cuts, but the dem controlled congress under crook Jim wright and KKK cyclops senate majority leader and Biden bestest buddy Robert Byrd, the KKKing of pork, added back massive spending.

The true concept of fiscal conservatism was only tried during Bill Clinton, because newt stuck him with those budgets, tax and spending cut budgets. What did that do? Booming economy and budget surplus.

Fiscal conservatism works.

W tried tax cuts and massive massive LBJ caliber big government spending/socialism, and that is the disaster America is yet to recover from....

W was not a conservative.

And neither are you....

This is uncharted territory for this country. The world hasn’t seen this type of adoration and devotion for one person in many decades. And it didn’t end very well back then.

I’d like to think that Jan 6 was rock bottom for these people. But watch and listen to them, and yeah, it’s like a jihad, a holy war.

It wasn't for him... A vote for Trump was a vote AGAINST the DNC and GOP.

What's sad here is after the fact you, and people who are like you, doubled down on the very people that made Trump possible.
I've pointed out many times here that the Regressive Left played a large role in getting Trump elected in 2016. Many, many times.

Maybe you don't really know my politics. The fact that I think that (a) Trump is a dangerous buffoon and (b) Trumpism dangerously operates within its own alternate reality doesn't say anything about my positions on issues. Nothing.

Last edited:

But what happens next.

Whether it's Trump, Mao, Hitler or Stalin the leaders of "Cults of Personality" tend to be unpleasant.

What about MTG and the rest? Don't they remind you of the TV preachers promising to make you rich for a donation?
Sure. MTG sees the blueprint that Trump created and is absolutely running with it.

This is now much bigger than the orange buffoon.

Your OP only looks at one party, when there are two major parties in the US. The battlelines have been drawn for years. The current battle is not fought with bullets, but with votes and policies successfully passed, like taking "Hamburger Hill" again and again.
To disprove your apparent contention that the GOP is full of mindless rubes adoring all things Trump to the point of a religion. Let me suggest to you that Trump may not win the 2024 nomination. I won't vote for him in the primary, but if he is the GOP nominee I will vote for him over an 82 year old Xiden or racist-socialist Kamala Harris.
The main points you missed are the major policy differences that the parties are using to garner votes. Trump and Xiden are the "generals" putting up strategy and rationale' and resources why their policies are good and the other parties' policies are horrible.
Here is a short list of major policy differences where you need to pick one party or the other. Remember, it matters not who is in the oval office signing the legislation, what matters most is which policies are passed into law:
Defund the police
Border and immigration policies
Energy policies
Military posture
The Green New Deal
"Wokeness"
Law and Order vs Anarchy
Reprogram the US education system: Critical Race Theory vs Traditional/Family Values
God vs atheism
China and trade policies
Outsourcing jobs by taxing corporations so much they relocate
HR-1 grab for one-party rule
Make DC & PR new states taking over the US senate forever
Replacing the Electoral College with the popular vote
Totally turning the US into a socialist/failed state.
Packing the US Supreme Court with Leftists
Missed the topic by a mile. Try again.
Your OP misses reality by a mile. Try answering my post.
Your post failed to address the OP.
If that's what you want to discuss..START A THREAD!
You’re thread is dumb. Sorry.

I've pointed out many times here that the Regressive Left played a large role in getting Trump elected in 2016. Many, many times.

Maybe you don't really know my politics. The fact that I think that (a) Trump is a dangerous buffoon and (b) Trumpism dangerously operates within its own alternate reality doesn't say anything about my positions on issues. Nothing.
Good... Now take that same sentiment, and apply it to people who voted for Trump. Can you do that?

Just because someone voted for Trump doesn't mean you know their positions on anything. Right?

Good... Now take that same sentiment, and apply it to people who voted for Trump. Can you do that?

Just because someone voted for Trump doesn't mean you know their positions on anything. Right?
Well yes, obviously.

Trumpism is an animal unto itself. I've pointed that out many times.

But what happens next.

But how?

That makes no sense. IF you are a believer in the Southern Strategy conspiracy theory, then it supposedly has been part of EVERY gop platform since nixon, (at least).

So, you are just throwing out partisan shit now.

Which supports my point, that you people are so partisan that it encourages anger from us.
I've been pointing it out for years.
IT HAS been part of the GOP since 69.

AND

The people the GOP was recruiting could easily be described as DAMNED STUPID.
But the GOP winked, promised their fantasies of an all White America would be fulfilled and they could have power again...
Took a while to the late 80s for the stupid to reach critical mass
and it's been downhill into the religious morass the party is stuck in today.

Do you believe Trump won the 2020 election?
Why? What overwhelming body of evidence has convinced you?
OR
Do you believe it because Trump told you so?

Do you believe there was no Russian collusion?
Again, what mountain of evidence convinced you?
Or was it, Again, Trump telling you so while hiding the evidence?

Don't blame me for seeing what you are.
Open your eyes and see for yourself.

But what happens next.

But how?

We got to Trump BECAUSE of shit stains like the Bushes.
No, you got to 43 because of this move to treating politics as religion.

Remember Saddam's WMD?
To hear them talk the Kuwaitis and Saudis were having to sweep the damn things back into Iraq because he had so many...
With zero evidence and with absolutely none found during your war
you people, 5 years later were STILL claiming it was true.
That's faith.

But what happens next.

We like "America First" Trump.
You democrats like "Russia First" Xiden. It's that simple.
You are unable to address the topic. I will ask the mods to block you if it continues.
Your OP hypothesis is bullshit. The mods would sooner move this bullshit thread than block my honest commentary.
Trump is "America First". (That's why we vote for him)
Xiden (Putin's Bitch) is "Russia First".
Why do you believe Trump is "America First?"
Would it be his selling us out to Russia?
Would it be his selling us out to Ukraine?
Would it be his billing the US government millions for his personal protection?

Or would it be
America First yes it's so
Because Lord Trump told me so

Your words do prove the thesis.

Forum List

Back