When fat people demand poor people give up sugar, its a no brainer!!

Paul LePage Threatens To Drop Food Stamps Because Of His Soda Freakout

Maine Gov. Paul LePage (R) doesn’t want food stamp beneficiaries to buy soda or sweets with their benefits.
Maine Gov. Paul LePage (R) wants to wash his hands of the federal food stamp program because beneficiaries eat so much filthy junk food.

LePage told the Obama administration that he’d end the state’s administration of food stamps if the U.S. Department of Agriculture won’t let him decide which foods Mainers can buy with their benefits.

“It’s time for the federal government to wake up and smell the energy
To all the poor people in the country....when you sit on your ass and not VOTE....this is the kind of shit you get to run your state. A rich fat white man worried about you and how many fat rolls you have on your body!!

2016 VOTE!!!!

Not a bad idea since most welfare recipients are severely overweight. Obesity leads to health problems, and since they get government health care, that means it just costs taxpayers more money. This is what you get when your beloved government takes over your health care, they now get to tell you what to eat.

... and have access to that, and not be working two jobs to get by, and ....
Who doesn't have access fresh food? Even the stores that cater to low income families still have some fresh produce and lots of canned or desiccated items. People work too much to buy food? Please...

I've lived in rural areas where there is one store, and it might be many miles away, and it is not well stocked. And the people who live in those rural areas are VERY poor.

Thanks to the feds who shut down all industry and development in those areas.
I currently live in such an area. Almost every home has a garden and/or livestock though. What doesn't get eaten by the humans helps feed the livestock or enrich the soil from which it came. Canning helps tremendously, as does dehydrating. Neighbors also tend to share/swap for the different items they don't produce. Even if they don't have any agricultural products there are still sought after skills and good 'ol elbow grease jobs that need done. Heck, it's hay season (yuck) right now. Lots of people need help baling. My point is, you can still get by in poor rural areas and eat better than poor urban dwellers. It's not all doom and gloom.

I think "food stamps" are necessary. Many "us" don't live in communities (urban) where the people support one another this way. Nobody should go hungry in a modern food rich country.
They aren't necessary. And nobody will go hungry if they are allowed to work, and learn that there's a difference between being HUNGRY...and just not being able to afford what you want to eat all the time.
The only people that are not allowed to work are college athletes on scholarship and children. Children happen to be one of the biggest recipients of SNAP. Roughly 1 in 5 children receive food aid. Seniors, children, and the disabled comprise 2/3 of all participants. Able Bodied Adults Without Dependents or ABAWDs can only get SNAP benefits for 3 months in 3 years and of the households that have ABAWDs, 75 percent had a job within the year before or after enrollment. An ABAWD can still receive benefits after 3 months but only if they are employed.
Sure, there are some people that game the system for free food that don't need it and waste/fraud could be reduced. That number is at one of its lowest points ever though. I think the people that get this food, not you or I, are a better judge of whether or not their children are hungry.

Who Receives 'Food Stamps'? And Why It Is Critical To Continue Their Support
One in Five Children Receive Food Stamps, Census Bureau Reports
Eligibility | Food and Nutrition Service
Able-Bodied Adults Without Dependents (ABAWDs) | Food and Nutrition Service

They don't care about reality or americans in general. They're still hanging on Reagan's false image of the "welfare queen".

Paul LePage Threatens To Drop Food Stamps Because Of His Soda Freakout

Maine Gov. Paul LePage (R) doesn’t want food stamp beneficiaries to buy soda or sweets with their benefits.
Maine Gov. Paul LePage (R) wants to wash his hands of the federal food stamp program because beneficiaries eat so much filthy junk food.

LePage told the Obama administration that he’d end the state’s administration of food stamps if the U.S. Department of Agriculture won’t let him decide which foods Mainers can buy with their benefits.

“It’s time for the federal government to wake up and smell the energy
To all the poor people in the country....when you sit on your ass and not VOTE....this is the kind of shit you get to run your state. A rich fat white man worried about you and how many fat rolls you have on your body!!

2016 VOTE!!!!

Not a bad idea since most welfare recipients are severely overweight. Obesity leads to health problems, and since they get government health care, that means it just costs taxpayers more money. This is what you get when your beloved government takes over your health care, they now get to tell you what to eat.

I never saw the study stating that "most welfare recipients are severely overweight", I'd love to see that if you have it. Not a media "report" of the data, but the actual study. I do know that most welfare recipients are severely white.

Healthier food isn't that much more expensive. It helps if you know what, when, and where to purchase.

Who doesn't have access fresh food? Even the stores that cater to low income families still have some fresh produce and lots of canned or desiccated items. People work too much to buy food? Please...

I've lived in rural areas where there is one store, and it might be many miles away, and it is not well stocked. And the people who live in those rural areas are VERY poor.

I currently live in such an area. Almost every home has a garden and/or livestock though. What doesn't get eaten by the humans helps feed the livestock or enrich the soil from which it came. Canning helps tremendously, as does dehydrating. Neighbors also tend to share/swap for the different items they don't produce. Even if they don't have any agricultural products there are still sought after skills and good 'ol elbow grease jobs that need done. Heck, it's hay season (yuck) right now. Lots of people need help baling. My point is, you can still get by in poor rural areas and eat better than poor urban dwellers. It's not all doom and gloom.

I think "food stamps" are necessary. Many "us" don't live in communities (urban) where the people support one another this way. Nobody should go hungry in a modern food rich country.
They aren't necessary. And nobody will go hungry if they are allowed to work, and learn that there's a difference between being HUNGRY...and just not being able to afford what you want to eat all the time.

Clearly that funding is more needed to subsidize Wall Street, corporate power, big oil, big pharma, and war/prison profiteering.

I agree with the Governor on this one... You shouldn't be buying junk food with your EBT card... The problem is the fact that healthy food is expensive as hell and it is cheaper to buy junk food and soda...

5 Surprising Things You Can Buy With Food Stamps | TIME.com

No, healthy food is NOT expensive. Potatoes, beans, onions, cabbage. Rice. All cheap. Carrots..they're almost free.
Depends....what you consider inexpensive....fresh veggies are expensive. And lets all assume the fresh is the way to go, but really, who doesn't buy from the can? Com'on, get off your high and mighty fuckin soap boxes and stop expecting poor people to cook from scratch, cause nobody but Maria and Hozay, them illegals you hired will do it for YOU!!
So why would you feed your kids sugar and let them starve when beans and rice will feed them?
I love you constitutional freedom of speech, gun loving morons who love it when it suits you, but let a nigga or some poor white trashy try to exert their rights and you mf's want to run their lives, ibeit abortion, nutrition or gay rights.....in other words, stop being hypocrites!!
Listen dude. If you want to squander your food stamps on non nutritional items go for it. Just don't whine about your children going hungry in America. Fair enough?

Stop addressing tigerred59 as "dude"!

You must know that she is a lady, judging by her cultured and polite language on these forums.

No, healthy food is NOT expensive. Potatoes, beans, onions, cabbage. Rice. All cheap. Carrots..they're almost free.
Depends....what you consider inexpensive....fresh veggies are expensive. And lets all assume the fresh is the way to go, but really, who doesn't buy from the can? Com'on, get off your high and mighty fuckin soap boxes and stop expecting poor people to cook from scratch, cause nobody but Maria and Hozay, them illegals you hired will do it for YOU!!
So why would you feed your kids sugar and let them starve when beans and rice will feed them?
I love you constitutional freedom of speech, gun loving morons who love it when it suits you, but let a nigga or some poor white trashy try to exert their rights and you mf's want to run their lives, ibeit abortion, nutrition or gay rights.....in other words, stop being hypocrites!!
Listen dude. If you want to squander your food stamps on non nutritional items go for it. Just don't whine about your children going hungry in America. Fair enough?
Fair enough...but lets get this straight for the last time, moron...I WORK FOR A FUCKIN LIVING AND I CAN BUY WHAT THE FUCK I WANT....SELL THAT BULLSHIT TO SOMEBODY THAT GETS TAX MONEY I DON'T!!
Then, moron, you should show a little more concern about how your tax money is squandered on sugar and not on feeding America's starving children.

And THIS is yet another reason to ditch all the welfare programs in favor of a UBI.
Just give everyone cash and if you eat/smoke/drink yourself to death , GOOD one less piece of shit in the world. But you aren't getting anything more than the same amount as everyone else, so if your health deteriorates b/c of bad choices and you can't afford medical care, TOO BAD.

The only people that are not allowed to work are college athletes on scholarship and children. Children happen to be one of the biggest recipients of SNAP. Roughly 1 in 5 children receive food aid. Seniors, children, and the disabled comprise 2/3 of all participants. Able Bodied Adults Without Dependents or ABAWDs can only get SNAP benefits for 3 months in 3 years and of the households that have ABAWDs, 75 percent had a job within the year before or after enrollment. An ABAWD can still receive benefits after 3 months but only if they are employed.
Sure, there are some people that game the system for free food that don't need it and waste/fraud could be reduced. That number is at one of its lowest points ever though. I think the people that get this food, not you or I, are a better judge of whether or not their children are hungry.

No, the people of the rural US aren't "allowed" to work or even to develop their OWN LAND. The feds have shut down all industry, all resource extraction. We get our timber from OTHER COUNTRIES, and have to beg the feds and the state to allow us to produce or harvest ANYTHING.

I know who receives foodstamps. No, the fraud is not at the lowest point ever. Did you know there are programs currently that enroll entire families for foodstamps, without those families ever applying for it? This is how they increase dependency upon the state, and how they skew the numbers.

They don't care about reality or americans in general. They're still hanging on Reagan's false image of the "welfare queen".

Fraud in Maine alone:

"... DHHS investigators brought a record 105 welfare fraud cases to the Attorney General’s Office for prosecution in 2015 – a caseload that represents the theft of more than $1.2 million in benefits.

"Edwards said that in 2014, a total of 81 welfare fraud cases were prosecuted, up from 66 in 2013, 45 in 2012, 32 in 2011, 10 in 2010, and none in 2009.

“DHHS is certainly finding and prosecuting more welfare fraud,” Edwards said in an email. “While it’s impossible to quantify exactly how much fraud exists, we know that any amount of fraud is unacceptable and we will continue every effort to find it, stop it and prosecute it.”

Maine DHHS says it uncovered $1.2 million in welfare fraud last year - The Portland Press Herald / Maine Sunday Telegram

Taz, correct me if I'm wrong, but why is it the only time white folk or people in this country in general only gives a fuck about poor blacks is during election times and raising shit on soda times?

First off, I'm Asian. Second, what does Paul LePage being white have to do with anything? Third, I care about everybody's rights all the time. Maybe it's you who should stop stereotyping.

Contrary to popular beliefs, watermelon, fried chicken and sugary soda's are not exclusive to poor people, because if it were, they'd be out of business yesterday!!

But poor people are the ones most affected by these added taxes put into place with the intention of controlling their behavior. Why do you support authoritarian elitists ruling over poor blacks?

And you never answered my question. Does this tax hurting poor blacks more than anyone else bother you or not?

Taz, correct me if I'm wrong, but why is it the only time white folk or people in this country in general only gives a fuck about poor blacks is during election times and raising shit on soda times?

First off, I'm Asian. Second, what does Paul LePage being white have to do with anything? Third, I care about everybody's rights all the time. Maybe it's you who should stop stereotyping.

Contrary to popular beliefs, watermelon, fried chicken and sugary soda's are not exclusive to poor people, because if it were, they'd be out of business yesterday!!

But poor people are the ones most affected by these added taxes put into place with the intention of controlling their behavior. Why do you support authoritarian elitists ruling over poor blacks?

And you never answered my question. Does this tax hurting poor blacks more than anyone else bother you or not?

Why ANYONE would believe the government should be able to use taxes to "correct" behavior is just beyond me.

BUT taxing soda that people buy with their own money is ENTIRELY different than restricting what people can buy with SNAP, which is not their own money.

Not that I support micromanaging SNAP that way, but it IS different.

Here is a serious question. Why should taxpayers give you money to buy non nutritional items and then have to listen to you complain that your children are hungry?
Here's another serious question, moron...if taxpayers fund his governorship, disability patrons, etc...than why not address it all. I would love to know what this fat white fuck and his family is doing with my tax dollars at dinner time, don't you?

As for families complaining about being hungry? Hey Christian, pick up a bible you hypocrite and read it sometimes instead of dusting it off every blue moon, you mean spiteful shit for brains mop!!
Why don't you go fuck yourself? You are clearly tense and a racist.
Yes I am...next stupid observation? Oh and deflect much???? Answer the effin question or shut the fuck up mop head!!
Hell, quit yo bitchin and buy a chicken...

You can get an egg a day, then a fried chicken dinner!!!!!
Tell you what, I'll buy that chicken, if you promise the next time brain cells at the Mayo Clinic are sold at a discount, your in line to get some? Agreed? Agreed!!!
Been meaning to axe you about your GED progress?

Fair enough...but lets get this straight for the last time, moron...I WORK FOR A FUCKIN LIVING AND I CAN BUY WHAT THE FUCK I WANT....SELL THAT BULLSHIT TO SOMEBODY THAT GETS TAX MONEY I DON'T!!
Then, moron, you should show a little more concern about how your tax money is squandered on sugar and not on feeding America's starving children.

Squandered on war and corporate welfare being off the table of course.

Forum List

Back