Biden Is Spending Nearly 40% More On Food Stamps Than Trump, And He Wants To Expand It Further "To End US Hunger."

Biden's plan to end U.S. HUNGER by 2030 - and tackle obesity: Monthly benefits for Americans to buy food and promoting exercise and healthy eating included in ambitious White House project to requires MORE money from Congress​

• The Biden administration is laying out its plan to meet an ambitious goal of ending hunger in the U.S. by 2030
  • The plan includes expanding monthly benefits that help low-income Americans buy food
  • The administration also seeks to increase healthy eating and physical activity so that fewer people are afflicted with diabetes, obesity and hypertension
  • It said it would work to expand Medicaid and Medicare access to obesity counseling and nutrition
  • Biden is hosting a conference on Wednesday on hunger, nutrition and health, the first by the White House since 1969
...Under to the White House plan, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program eligibility would be expanded, children would get better access to free meals, and summer benefits would be extended to more schoolkids....

The Biden administration increased funding for food stamps nearly a year ago, but at the same time has purchased about half as much food as the Trump administration did in 2020, for food banks, schools and indigenous reservations, according to data obtained from a U.S. Agriculture Department(USDA) source.

Escalating food prices are eroding the reach of food stamps, which average around $231 per person per month in 2022, according to USDA data, sending more people to food banks, that are in turn receiving less food from the government.

Food stamp benefits for fiscal year 2022 are on track to reach $114.9 billion, down slightly from 2021 but 36.87% more than in 2020.

Comments:
Biden must not have heard the old adage, "give a man a fish..."

Is anyone dying of starvation or malnutrition in the US? I help out an extremely poor disabled gentleman. He can go get a free meal every day.

Most importantly, just giving people crumbs creates a reliance on government support. There is no motivation to change one's situation.

The goal should be the opposite - to get everyone off of food stamps except the truly disabled. The root causes need to be addressed. Inflation is one of the main reasons people are struggling to afford food. Putting more people on food stamps is not something to celebrate.

Will the "more free stuff" ever end? Everything is a disaster, and Biden's fix is always to promise more free stuff in the face of economic collapse. He's going to hurt us all.

It almost seems as if the Biden Admin has set in motion a plan to quickly make lots more people reliant upon the government, and get more Democrat voters as a result.
It's a damn shame when Americans can't afford to feed themselves. 2/3 more than that of free food goes to illegals.

I agree with that if you are mentally and physically capable of working. I've been sick most of my adult life. My neighbor rents to section 8 people. I'd get up every morning for work and just look outside at their cars just sitting in the parking lot. There was nothing wrong with them outside of having three kids they could never support and both parents very overweight. It's bad enough my sick ass had to support these otherwise healthy people, but that I had to support them in the suburbs.

At the beginning of the month when their SNAPs cards got here they'd throw a cookout with about 10 people, making noise, music blaring, having a good ole time. When they finally moved away, the landlord said they tore the place up. Well no shit Sherlock. From what I was told they moved out to Las Vegas. I'm supposed to feel bad about them?
Absolutely.
When I first divorced in 2015, I rented an apartment until I bought a new house. One complex over had section 8 also. They never freaking worked! Walking up and down the road, hanging around parking lots, sitting outside etc. all hours of the day and into the night.
The CHOSE to be poor. They would rather have a life sitting on their ass everyday and be poor - than have to go to work everyday.
All SNAP/Welfare does is ENABLE people to do nothing. We work everyday... and our tax dollars are taken from us and given to these worthless lazy asses.

It's a damn shame when Americans can't afford to feed themselves. 2/3 more than that of free food goes to illegals.
It's a damn shame that some Americans choose to spend $200 - $500 a month on cigarettes, then another $200 a month on cheap alcohol than feed their children properly.
There - fixed that for you.

It's questionable if they can't afford to feed themselves vs able to feed themselves and just talking advantage of taxpayers generosity.

I've had them in front of me at the grocery store line. They pay for their food with a SNAP's card, then whip out the wad of cash for all the non-food items. Huge bags of dog food, cat litter, greeting cards and wine. Then after they checkout they run to the head cashier line for their cigarettes and lottery tickets.

While we are feeding them, they are paying cash to feed their house full of animals.

It's questionable if they can't afford to feed themselves vs able to feed themselves and just talking advantage of taxpayers generosity.

I've had them in front of me at the grocery store line. They pay for their food with a SNAP's card, then whip out the wad of cash for all the non-food items. Huge bags of dog food, cat litter, greeting cards and wine. Then after they checkout they run to the head cashier line for their cigarettes and lottery tickets.

While we are feeding them, they are paying cash to feed their house full of animals.
I've been in line behind some 4'6" illegals with a kid. They got $369 worth of stuff with uhh..."EBT".
Cart packed to the max!

I'm paying $106 for my ham n beans and TP and other essentials. Cash.

A middle-aged American woman behind me started saying something and I kinda waved her off from doing it.

It just wasn't the time or place for that. :dunno:

Or you can spend 2 years saying "you need to be responsible for yourself and your family. Get a job, pay your bills, don't get in trouble.".

Spend 2 years making a lot of people cry and whine and eventually you'll start to see a change and our society get more self reliant, tougher and more independent.

It's like raising kids. Sometimes you have to be tough on them, be stern, not let them have their way in order to make them stronger and to grow. If you do it right you'll end up with strong kids that can take care of themselves. Society is the same way.

We need to weed out the weak pussy ass bitches and foster the strong and independent people that are responsible. Encouraging the weak just leads to more of the weak and the more you give them the more they want.

I love it when right wingers parrot the lies the ultra rich tell them to justify keeping all of the money for themselves. If anything that you posted were true. You want Daddy to fix it all by applying tough love. This imply that your economic system gives equal opportunity to all.

This idea of "personal responsibility" only applies to the wealthy who have everything given to them by the economic system. This isn't personal responsibility at all. This is like tying rocks around legs the legs of poor and working class workers, throwing them in the deep end and expecting them to swim.

If you are born wealthy, you chances of dying rich are 200 times greater than if you're born middle class. In 1980, when Reagan was elected and ended the War on Poverty, you had a 20% chance of being born poor and moving into the middle class. Today your chances are about 2%.

The USA is one of two first world money that spends less money educating the children of the poor than it does on middle class or rich kids. Turkey is the other. The USA isn't even in the top 15 of best educated countries:

The rest of the first world countries believe in educating ALL of our children to give them a fighting chance to get out of poverty. Norway spends MORE money on the children of the poor than the rich.

Other first world country has programs that HELP citizens succeed, by ensuring resources to assist low income families, not demanding that they work their way out of poverty just by force of will. Canada has a $500 per month child tax benefit for low income families. It's not a disincentive to finding a job. It's a huge help to young families just starting out.

I love it when right wingers parrot the lies the ultra rich tell them to justify keeping all of the money for themselves. If anything that you posted were true. You want Daddy to fix it all by applying tough love. This imply that your economic system gives equal opportunity to all.

This idea of "personal responsibility" only applies to the wealthy who have everything given to them by the economic system. This isn't personal responsibility at all. This is like tying rocks around legs the legs of poor and working class workers, throwing them in the deep end and expecting them to swim.

If you are born wealthy, you chances of dying rich are 200 times greater than if you're born middle class. In 1980, when Reagan was elected and ended the War on Poverty, you had a 20% chance of being born poor and moving into the middle class. Today your chances are about 2%.

The USA is one of two first world money that spends less money educating the children of the poor than it does on middle class or rich kids. Turkey is the other. The USA isn't even in the top 15 of best educated countries:

The rest of the first world countries believe in educating ALL of our children to give them a fighting chance to get out of poverty. Norway spends MORE money on the children of the poor than the rich.

Other first world country has programs that HELP citizens succeed, by ensuring resources to assist low income families, not demanding that they work their way out of poverty just by force of will. Canada has a $500 per month child tax benefit for low income families. It's not a disincentive to finding a job. It's a huge help to young families just starting out.
You are one delusional lunatic.

The United States spends more on primary education than any other first world country on the planet. That's besides the fact money doesn't equate success. We don't have a centralized government that controls the schools. They are funded by local taxpayers and it's the local taxpayers that decide how much they are willing to pay towards their schools.

The failures of our children are due to irresponsible parenting where they are not supervising their children's performance. All a teacher can do is teach, but they can't force people to learn.

What is a school? A school is a building divided up into classroom with each one having a teacher. So how is one school better than another? Newer classrooms? Brighter lights? Better teachers? The difference in success are the children, not the schools.

Our economic system doesn't choose rich people or poor. Out system gives people the ability to choose that for themselves. That's why our southern border has people trying to sneak in from over 110 countries. In many countries, if you are born poor, that's how you're going to stay. In our country, if you are born poor, you have all the options to not be poor, but that's your choice.

Forum List

Back