Biden Is Spending Nearly 40% More On Food Stamps Than Trump, And He Wants To Expand It Further "To End US Hunger."

The pandemic may be over but the financial crisis created by Trump's handling of the pandemic, continues.

I cannot believe how willfully stupid you pretend to be in order to justify your ridiculous economic belief that Republicans, who crash your economy at every opportunity, are better for working people, considering that millions of people fall into poverty every time a Republican is in the White House.

So were the poor better off under Trump or better off now? Nobody is better off now, let me tell you.

How are the poor paying for food? How are they paying for gasoline or home heating fuel? The people who tried to do better and advancing themselves are now setback several steps. Some likely wanted to buy their own home, but can't now because with these much higher interest rates, makes it impossible for them to pay the monthly mortgage. The result of that is more people renting. So what does that do? It increases the lack of supply which means rent is almost unaffordable as well. How does that help any poor person?

The reality - the narrative is completely false, racist and is meant to justify the paternalistic attitudes of the white majority Republican Party towards poor people and minorities. Anything that puts cash in the hands of working people is a disincentive to work according to Republicans, even though 80% of the working age people receiving food stamps are working at least one 40 hour per week job, and the rest are elderly or disabled.

:link: :link:

The people on food stamps may be working, but not 80% with full time jobs. If you work 40 hours a week at any job, you are not applicable for food stamps.

The narrative - poor people are stupid, selfish and spend money on drugs, booze and cigarettes rather than food for their families.

The reality - the narrative is completely false, racist and is meant to justify the paternalistic attitudes of the white majority Republican Party towards poor people and minorities. Anything that puts cash in the hands of working people is a disincentive to work according to Republicans, even though 80% of the working age people receiving food stamps are working at least one 40 hour per week job, and the rest are elderly or disabled.

The Republican Party is adamantly opposed to higher wages, child tax credits, and government funded health care, because it makes workers less dependent on their employers, and gives them power and flexibility in their lives. Republicans want corporations and the wealthy to have cheap labour they can control.
EBT-card-771x512.jpg

You can withdraw cash from an ATM with your EBT card (there are no fees) and go buy all the pot an booze you want....

EBT-card-771x512.jpg

You can withdraw cash from an ATM with your EBT card (there are no fees) and go buy all the pot an booze you want....

I don't think you can do that in my state. The new scam is they bug you in the grocery store line. They ask if they can buy some of your food, let's say 25 dollars worth. When you both get done checking out, you give them 20 bucks for your food back. They converted their SNAP's card to cash to buy booze or cigarettes, and you save 5 bucks on your grocery purchase

The narrative - poor people are stupid, selfish and spend money on drugs, booze and cigarettes rather than food for their families.

The Republican Party is adamantly opposed to higher wages, child tax credits, and government funded health care, because it makes workers less dependent on their employers, and gives them power and flexibility in their lives. Republicans want corporations and the wealthy to have cheap labour they can control.
Generally speaking - if you are poor in America, then you are in that condition due to a lifetime of poor decision making, laziness, lack of work ethics etc.
There is no excuse to being poor in America in duration. None. NONE.
When my first wife and I got together we were young and not yet in higher paying wages. I worked weekends and nights working for a man who flipped houses. My wife worked retail on weekends also. We bought a crappy house, I redid everything to that house and made $39,000 in profit.
Get the picture?? I could have sat on my ass, my ex-wife could have also and received food stamps etc. But we WORKED for more money.
There is NO excuse to being able to work in this country and sitting on your lazy ass.

Sorry, thought you were referring to my arguments. Makes sense now. Duh.

Watch that. It's pretty enlightening. When one political party resorts to promising false promises in order seduce large swaths of people in order to gain power, that's demogoguery.

ˈdeməˌɡäɡ(ə)rē/
Learn to pronounce
noun
political activity or practices that seek support by appealing to the desires and prejudices of ordinary people rather than by using rational argument.
"the demagoguery of political opportunists"

That is what all "democracies" morph into. Hence the reason our founding fathers didn't want anything to do with "democracy." Word doesn't appear in the Constitution or the Declaration of Independence.

Voting was NEVER supposed to be a right. However, the global marxists devised IDENTITY POLITICS at the Frankfurt School in the 1920s in order to bring down the US and THE REPULIC.

As a result of Voting becoming a RIGHT, the REPUBLIC was doomed and we are a full blown demogoguery now and your OP describes just that.

Generally speaking - if you are poor in America, then you are in that condition due to a lifetime of poor decision making, laziness, lack of work ethics etc.
There is no excuse to being poor in America in duration. None. NONE.
When my first wife and I got together we were young and not yet in higher paying wages. I worked weekends and nights working for a man who flipped houses. My wife worked retail on weekends also. We bought a crappy house, I redid everything to that house and made $39,000 in profit.
Get the picture?? I could have sat on my ass, my ex-wife could have also and received food stamps etc. But we WORKED for more money.
There is NO excuse to being able to work in this country and sitting on your lazy ass.

I agree with that if you are mentally and physically capable of working. I've been sick most of my adult life. My neighbor rents to section 8 people. I'd get up every morning for work and just look outside at their cars just sitting in the parking lot. There was nothing wrong with them outside of having three kids they could never support and both parents very overweight. It's bad enough my sick ass had to support these otherwise healthy people, but that I had to support them in the suburbs.

At the beginning of the month when their SNAPs cards got here they'd throw a cookout with about 10 people, making noise, music blaring, having a good ole time. When they finally moved away, the landlord said they tore the place up. Well no shit Sherlock. From what I was told they moved out to Las Vegas. I'm supposed to feel bad about them?

Which was a DIRECT RESULT of Agriculture Improvement Act of 2018 signed by Trump.

Biden admin is simply implementing what 2018 AIA laid out. Do you get that now?
Made it to post 13 before some Dimtard cried ORANGE MAN BAD.

Gotta be a record.

Watch that. It's pretty enlightening. When one political party resorts to promising false promises in order seduce large swaths of people in order to gain power, that's demogoguery.

ˈdeməˌɡäɡ(ə)rē/
Learn to pronounce
noun
political activity or practices that seek support by appealing to the desires and prejudices of ordinary people rather than by using rational argument.
"the demagoguery of political opportunists"

That is what all "democracies" morph into. Hence the reason our founding fathers didn't want anything to do with "democracy." Word doesn't appear in the Constitution or the Declaration of Independence.

Voting was NEVER supposed to be a right. However, the global marxists devised IDENTITY POLITICS at the Frankfurt School in the 1920s in order to bring down the US and THE REPULIC.

As a result of Voting becoming a RIGHT, the REPUBLIC was doomed and we are a full blown demogoguery now and your OP describes just that.

Excellent point. It really is a Demagoguery.

Rational arguments are thrown out the window these days when everything is upside down.

• Riots are peaceful protests
  • Defunding police will make us safer
  • Men can get pregnant
  • Get vaccinated even though they don't work
  • Religious people are extremists
  • The most diverse nation is systemically racist
  • Success is unfair and is achieved by oppressing others
  • Abortion is health care.
  • Castration and mastectomies on youth is gender affirmation therapy.
  • Massive spending bills will reduce inflation
  • Acts of war are a "tremendous opportunity."
  • Putting more people on food stamps is a good thing

All of these things fly in the face of reason, but the majority party somehow convinces its public supporters that all of these things are acceptable by preying upon their emotions and passions.

Your economic ignorance has been proven on this board again and again. You truly have no understanding of economic or legal realities in the USA, and you keep offering your opinions based on bullshit and lies, while continually denying reality.

Your basic problem is you hate your tax dollars going to pay for programs for poor people. All while doing everything possible to perpetuate that poverty.
The innerweb irony meter just exploded……TWICE!

I agree with that if you are mentally and physically capable of working. I've been sick most of my adult life. My neighbor rents to section 8 people. I'd get up every morning for work and just look outside at their cars just sitting in the parking lot. There was nothing wrong with them outside of having three kids they could never support and both parents very overweight. It's bad enough my sick ass had to support these otherwise healthy people, but that I had to support them in the suburbs.

At the beginning of the month when their SNAPs cards got here they'd throw a cookout with about 10 people, making noise, music blaring, having a good ole time. When they finally moved away, the landlord said they tore the place up. Well no shit Sherlock. From what I was told they moved out to Las Vegas. I'm supposed to feel bad about them?
Yeah, SNAP benefits for the truly disabled are definitely good use of public money. We are a humane nation.

I've helped out a mentally-disabled guy for decades who receives them. He needs them.

The fraud is rampant and needs fixing so the money can go to where it is better used and expansion of such programs to the abled an all the other "more free stuff" is destructive, I think.

The able-bodied should have to do some work for the benefits. We would soon see lots of people get off of them, because if they have to work, they'll go find a better job than picking up litter on rainy days. :)

So Potatohead's great plan for you not to be hungry is to make me work to provide food for you? How fucking stupid is that?

Wouldn't a better plan be like what Trump did and lower unemployment to almost nothing and then cut welfare and to lower taxes?

So Potatohead's great plan for you not to be hungry is to make me work to provide food for you? How fucking stupid is that?

Wouldn't a better plan be like what Trump did and lower unemployment to almost nothing and then cut welfare and to lower taxes?

Give a man a fish, he eats for the day.............

Yeah, SNAP benefits for the truly disabled are definitely good use of public money. We are a humane nation.

I've helped out a mentally-disabled guy for decades who receives them. He needs them.

The fraud is rampant and needs fixing so the money can go to where it is better used and expansion of such programs to the abled an all the other "more free stuff" is destructive, I think.

The able-bodied should have to do some work for the benefits. We would soon see lots of people get off of them, because if they have to work, they'll go find a better job than picking up litter on rainy days. :)

We did try that here many years ago during the Reagan recession. The unions filed a complaint because the unemployed people were doing work union workers should be doing. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Our government has no investigative agency to oversee who's getting this money and if it's needed. Just apply and they hand it over.

Years ago I worked with a guy who's wife worked at a convenient store. During idle chat with her coworkers, she mentioned how hard it is to raise a family with expenses involved. Her black coworker suggested to his wife to just do what she did. She filed for every welfare program imaginable making claim her husband, who worked at the auto plant left her and the kids. The thing is he didn't go anywhere. He made great money with the overtime he was working at the plant. They showered her with all kinds of government goodies without checking out her claim.

That's why we on the right object to these social programs. I have no problem with people getting them out of need, but I do have a problem giving handouts to people that are doing better than I am.

Forum List

Back