32 states set to slash food-stamp benefits

We should end food stamps for able bodied adults entirely

And children should be issued rations based on age consisting of only staples not snacks

Some good reasons why you should be paying attention to what I'm telling Americans!

We'll start by admitting along with you that there are many social issues that need to be addressed.

Are you ready to dance? Or are you now going to provide your own answers to all the questions you're putting to me?

We can throw Pelosi tantrums all we want, and nobody is going to do anything to change it.

It's become an "oligarchy" rule.........you HAVE to be drowning in money before anybody will listen to you.

This is why I say, "where's a presidential assassin when you NEED one"?!!!

Well, the food banks here don't let you shop, they give you plastic grocery sacks of stuff.

Bag of canned stuff, bag of pasta/dry beans/rice, bag of dessert stuff, bag of veggies, bag of frozen stuff, bag of meats, bag of snack items.
Thats too much of the wrong food

7awp6i.jpg

Albuquerque has a good food bank for seniors only. That’s the one I always donate to. The regular food bank seems to get taken advantage of here alot with people taking food when they don’t really need it.

I like my local food bank because it keeps my donation dollars right here in my very small town. I haven't met a single person here I didn't like. Feeding my neighbors is a good feeling.

Mine is way cheaper. I don't drink the crap that comes in toxic plastic bottles. After installation, my Culligan water is perfectly clean, pure and healthy for $100/MO.

How much does soda cost for a family of four?

I know, I should just shut up and let them kill themselves with their horrible nutritional habits. I keep asking myself why I care.

And then I look at their medical costs.

On the taxpayer's dime.

Mine is way cheaper. I don't drink the crap that comes in toxic plastic bottles. After installation, my Culligan water is perfectly clean, pure and healthy for $100/MO.

How much does soda cost for a family of four?

I know, I should just shut up and let them kill themselves with their horrible nutritional habits. I keep asking myself why I care.

And then I look at their medical costs.

On the taxpayer's dime.

I would admit that he was pro-war, but then what American president hasn't been, and moreso than Obama?

Trump, you ignorant twat.

I dont care what private food banks do

My suggestion was to cancel food stamps for adults and deny snacks from food stamps for children

Food stamps work differently now than they did 30+ years ago.

Used to be, you HAD to have a job and be underpaid, or lost your job and on unemployment. When the unemployment ran out, so did the other state benefits. Which made people HAVE to get a job to avoid living on welfare.

You also used to have to PROVE you were a US citizen, and you have no money in the bank (under $100), no assets to sell, and list places you've applied for work to, if you were unemployed.

Now, its all false applications and race prejudices, without any founded background or bank checkups.

Bring back the old standard practices, and it would take care of a LOT of todays problems.

The thing is, you're mostly right and you're unconsciously addressing the real problem. White America created these people you're objecting to.

And as I've been saying all along, social responsibility is the only way of changing America to be more like socially responsible countries' success in dealing with America's growing problems.

We can bring in prison incarceration rates and recidivism to the discussion too now. It all melds together into one big F.U.
"UNCONCIOUSLY", huh?? 😆
Ok, Great Welfare Guru.

And "white"?
The people who are abusing the SNAP program are mixed. Plenty of each.

"Social responsibility" run amok is what caused the problem.

Well, the food banks here don't let you shop, they give you plastic grocery sacks of stuff.

Bag of canned stuff, bag of pasta/dry beans/rice, bag of dessert stuff, bag of veggies, bag of frozen stuff, bag of meats, bag of snack items.

They give SO much, that I split my take with an elderly lady that lives in my apartments who can't get benefits for some reason.
Apartment manager told me she's a on-call substitute teacher, but doesn't get a lot of calls anymore. She has problems with her legs too.
She also has to get help on rent sometimes as well. So I split my take with her when I go.

I've got a 24x24x24 box full of canned food/veggies and boxed stuff like mac n cheese and Hamburger Helper. So I'm good on some emergency supplies. As for the fresh stuff, it's always more than I can eat before it all rots or goes bad. So I share it.

Thanks for being such a good neighbor! When I was using the food bank, there were among my neighbors some who did not qualify or couldn't get there and our food bank was close to an insanely upscale grocery, so we always got shit like whole top shelf cheesecakes and artisan breads and deli. It was so sweet to see the little old ladies enjoy that which we couldn't eat -- we'd get together and have little celebrations. They also depended on the pet food we'd remember to pick up, even if we didn't have pets.

Glad to my friend!

This thread was just begging for a theory that would give it some energy.

From food stamps - poverty in black America - Obama - resentment and hate - racism.

Let's keep it civil and polite or I'm outta here.

Good, I don't care for your "Hoserness" anyway.

R.7d2909ac56035bfbc4fbb946452ea25e

Thanks for being such a good neighbor! When I was using the food bank, there were among my neighbors some who did not qualify or couldn't get there and our food bank was close to an insanely upscale grocery, so we always got shit like whole top shelf cheesecakes and artisan breads and deli. It was so sweet to see the little old ladies enjoy that which we couldn't eat -- we'd get together and have little celebrations. They also depended on the pet food we'd remember to pick up, even if we didn't have pets.

The seniors I donate to always make wish lists. Pet food ranks pretty high. As does beauty supplies/soap. Peanut butter and dry cereal.

Last time I got really lucky. I found a whole shelf full of suave energy body wash on a close out at dollar tree. .01 each. I bought and donated them all ( about 20).

I worked a local food bank one day when Hunters for the Hungry was giving away professionally processed deer meat hunters had donated and only a few oldsters availed themselves of it.

The land whale "poors" rolled in there (with their equally fat kids) and ravaged the selection of snacks and pastries.

Never again.....The "poors" can kiss my fuckin' ass.

I worked a local food bank one day when Hunters for the Hungry was giving away professionally processed deer meat hunters had donated and only a few oldsters availed themselves of it.

The land whale "poors" rolled in there (with their equally fat kids) and ravaged the selection of snacks and pastries.

Never again.....The "poors" can kiss my fuckin' ass.
Just washing your hands of the problems in America is better than taking the exact wrong approach of showing disdain for social solutions.

But yes, the land of the land whales and the land of the gun.

The seniors I donate to always make wish lists. Pet food ranks pretty high. As does beauty supplies/soap. Peanut butter and dry cereal.

Last time I got really lucky. I found a whole shelf full of suave energy body wash on a close out at dollar tree. .01 each. I bought and donated them all ( about 20).

Bless you!

I just did a bad thing when I was at the store. I walked past the Little Debbies, as I always do, with a wistful thought about how much I used to enjoy eating them. So I said "Fuck it" and bought a dozen boxes of Little Debbies to donate to the food bank. I know it's horribly unhealthy garbage for children to eat, but I figured "What the hell. Somebody might as well enjoy them!"

Forum List

Back