32 states set to slash food-stamp benefits

A Canadian doesn't need to defend either side and so 'I' can grant you that from what I know.

The fact is my friend, when Obama was elected the south dove into their closets and started looking for their bedsheets and pointy hats that were still there and moldering away since the 60's.
More Hoser speak.....And I'm not your friend.

Hair on fire article.

A "hunger cliff" is looming for millions of Americans, with 32 states set to slash food-stamp benefits beginning in March.

The cuts will impact more than 30 million people who are enrolled in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP, in those states, according to data from the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Among the states where recipients are facing cuts are California and Texas, which have greatest number of people on SNAP, at 5.1 million and 3.6 million recipients, respectively.

The reductions are due to the end of so-called emergency allotments, which bolstered food-stamp benefits at the start of the pandemic as Americans grappled with the massive disruption to the economy. While the U.S. is certainly on more stable footing than in 2020, households are now struggling with high food costs — groceries were about 10% higher in December than a year earlier — making the timing of the SNAP cuts particularly challenging, experts say.

More "hair on fire"

BTW....What's a hunger cliff? :dunno:

Guess they will have to lay-off buying all the frozen crab legs and switch from name brand to store brand items like the majority of what is left of "the middle class" buy who actually work for a living due in this inflated Tater economy.

That and in case you haven't noticed the "poor" are the fattest bunch of poor people I've ever seen.

It's not a nation of depression era Florence Thompsons we are talking about here.

R.667750b095b30d1e518c4f960c78f8cb

The "poor" are as about as broad as they are tall.

OIP.N0QBzUOj_j-gjypT5vK6xwHaEw

Food Bank "shoppers".....Really?
I work in a high-end grocery store sort of like Whole Foods or Wegman's. Our cashiers get to see how much some of the "poor" people have in their SNAP accounts. Many of them had thousands saved up last year. They buy filet mignon, rib steaks and shrimp on a regular basis. If people like this were audited and had their SNAP accounts adjusted or terminated, all the savings could be used for folks who truly need it. It is scum like this who are partly responsible for creating this situation. If these funds were distributed appropriately, the truly poor would be taken care and there would also be no need for this action.

Bullshit, duck. Link it or STFU.
Glad to my friend!

This thread was just begging for a theory that would give it some energy.

From food stamps - poverty in black America - Obama - resentment and hate - racism.

Let's keep it civil and polite or I'm outta here.

Glad to my friend!

This thread was just begging for a theory that would give it some energy.

From food stamps - poverty in black America - Obama - resentment and hate - racism.

Let's keep it civil and polite or I'm outta here.

Leave, douchebag. We don't care about you.

I work in a high-end grocery store sort of like Whole Foods or Wegman's. Our cashiers get to see how much some of the "poor" people have in their SNAP accounts. Many of them had thousands saved up last year. They buy filet mignon, rib steaks and shrimp on a regular basis. If people like this were audited and had their SNAP accounts adjusted or terminated, all the savings could be used for folks who truly need it. It is scum like this who are partly responsible for creating this situation. If these funds were distributed appropriately, the truly poor would be taken care and there would also be no need for this action.
The thing is, you're mostly right and you're unconsciously addressing the real problem. White America created these people you're objecting to.

And as I've been saying all along, social responsibility is the only way of changing America to be more like socially responsible countries' success in dealing with America's growing problems.

We can bring in prison incarceration rates and recidivism to the discussion too now. It all melds together into one big F.U.

Not anymore!

Mine is way cheaper. I don't drink the crap that comes in toxic plastic bottles. After installation, my Culligan water is perfectly clean, pure and healthy for $100/MO.

How much does soda cost for a family of four?

I know, I should just shut up and let them kill themselves with their horrible nutritional habits. I keep asking myself why I care.

And then I look at their medical costs.

On the taxpayer's dime.

That's: Obama presuming he could be the president of a racist southern half of the country, set race relations back over 65 years.

It's all quite clear now.

And now that's relating directly to the issue of food stamps being necessary.

That's Obama, seeing his policies were unpopular, running back to racism
to shore up his base before his re-election.

That's Obama, seeing his policies were unpopular, running back to racism
to shore up his base before his re-election.
I think you're supposed to be ignoring me.

The Catch 22 I pulled on them'all must have blown right by you.

The only thing that wasn't great about Obama to the south was his skin.

Texas cut food stamps last year.

I was out of work for most of last year, and had to end up filing for food banks and rent help.

99% of the rent help places ONLY helped illegals. NOTHING for seniors, single mothers, or anybody else.

Food stamps were cut almost in half last year in Texas.

And it's NOT because of social problems or lack of government assistance on funding..............its because OUR WELFARE MONEY GOES TO INVADERS AND LAZY FUCKS THAT HAVE NEVER HAD A JOB IN THEIR LIFE!!!

I got "accepted" to get food stamps last year, because I ran out of money, but I never got anything.

Although I have a job now, I'm making a dollar more an hour than my last job, but I'm bringing home A HELL of a lot LESS money because the tax rates jumped 11% since Biden was installed into the White House.

So yeah, I still have to hit the food pantries myself. And theres always a long line of cars there. (It's a drive thru food pantry)

I was out of work for most of last year, and had to end up filing for food banks and rent help.

99% of the rent help places ONLY helped illegals. NOTHING for seniors, single mothers, or anybody else.

So yeah, I still have to hit the food pantries myself. And theres always a long line of cars there. (It's a drive thru food pantry)
Some good reasons why you should be paying attention to what I'm telling Americans!

We'll start by admitting along with you that there are many social issues that need to be addressed.

Are you ready to dance? Or are you now going to provide your own answers to all the questions you're putting to me?

And it's NOT because of social problems or lack of government assistance on funding..............its because OUR WELFARE MONEY GOES TO INVADERS AND LAZY FUCKS THAT HAVE NEVER HAD A JOB IN THEIR LIFE!!!

I got "accepted" to get food stamps last year, because I ran out of money, but I never got anything.

Although I have a job now, I'm making a dollar more an hour than my last job, but I'm bringing home A HELL of a lot LESS money because the tax rates jumped 11% since Biden was installed into the White House.

Albuquerque has a good food bank for seniors only. That’s the one I always donate to. The regular food bank seems to get taken advantage of here alot with people taking food when they don’t really need it.

Albuquerque has a good food bank for seniors only. That’s the one I always donate to. The regular food bank seems to get taken advantage of here alot with people taking food when they don’t really need it.

Well, the food banks here don't let you shop, they give you plastic grocery sacks of stuff.

Bag of canned stuff, bag of pasta/dry beans/rice, bag of dessert stuff, bag of veggies, bag of frozen stuff, bag of meats, bag of snack items.

They give SO much, that I split my take with an elderly lady that lives in my apartments who can't get benefits for some reason.
Apartment manager told me she's a on-call substitute teacher, but doesn't get a lot of calls anymore. She has problems with her legs too.
She also has to get help on rent sometimes as well. So I split my take with her when I go.

I've got a 24x24x24 box full of canned food/veggies and boxed stuff like mac n cheese and Hamburger Helper. So I'm good on some emergency supplies. As for the fresh stuff, it's always more than I can eat before it all rots or goes bad. So I share it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back