What should your personal tax rate be?

Just a reminder....anyone who wants higher taxes can send in a check to the US treasury at any time and just put GIFT in the notation space.

Dont be a hypocritical bitch and say that others should pay more. Do it yourself. Send in the check.

My wife & I have them deduct an extra amount from each pay check and we both file at the single tax rate. That way we always get a huge tax return. It's like having a no-interest bank account. The government gets to keep the interest on the extra money that they deduct.

If everyone did that, it would help pay down the Federal debt.

Just a reminder....anyone who wants higher taxes can send in a check to the US treasury at any time and just put GIFT in the notation space.

Dont be a hypocritical bitch and say that others should pay more. Do it yourself. Send in the check.

My wife & I have them deduct an extra amount from each pay check. That way we always get a huge tax return. It's like having a no-interest bank account. The government gets to keep the interest on the extra money that they deduct.

I like that you completely understand what you are doing there. You characterized it perfectly. No fucking way you are a lefty. You understand finance.

I support social security and medicare. I support getting people in good paying jobs. I will not follow any political party nor would I ever work to get one elected. Not MY job.

Newsflash government spent all your social security contributions on other crap and gave you a worthless IOU.
Yep. And after taking his money to ostentatiously to save for his retirement, they now claim that the money he receives should be means tested to see if he really needs it back.

Social Security is another one. Raising the income limits on the tax is one of the ideas to keep the program stable. That is a lot of money for those involved.

Joe said he is going to stick it to those earning $400k or more per year and corporations...including doubling capital gains taxes.

What should you pay in taxes and why?

I think 20% of my adjusted gross income should be my tax rate.

Gee, I live in Canada and my tax rate is 13.5% - and that includes my medical insurance. Our tax rates are WAY lower than yours and we have cradle to the grave social programs, one of the best education and healthcare systems in the World, and we're the best country in the world to live in.

Federal Tax Bracket Rates for 2021
The following are the federal tax rates for 2021 according to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA):
  • 15% on the first $49,020 of taxable income, and
  • 20.5% on the portion of taxable income over $49,020 up to $98,040 and
  • 26% on the portion of taxable income over $98,040 up to $151,978 and
  • 29% on the portion of taxable income over $151,978 up to $216,511 and
  • 33% of taxable income over $216,511

Once again, Americans pay more than anybody else and get less than anyone else in return for their money.

When a dirty dem says corporations they actually mean small business...and everyone already had a taste of Joe's tax hikes by illuminating Trump's tax cut...when he did that he raised everyone's taxes in one shot...don't you people realize that?....if you undo a tax cut you by definition raise taxes....

Agreed. But the gop isn't much more respectable. Neither party offers me anything to get excited about.

Republicans are Democrat Light and support big government just like the Democrat filth.

The Democrats have done tremendous damage to this country and almost every time have been helped out along the way by Republicans.

Trump grew the size of government and didn't do away with the welfare state. However, he did do a minor tax decrease that had profound effects on Economic growth. He did reduce regulations and decreased slightly the welfare roles.

Far, far from what we need but far better than any Democrat or RINO.

Just prot ct social security and medicare because if they end the chaos is beyond recognizable.

Social Security is nothing more than a Ponzi scheme. Very few people will ever get back the money they were forced to pay. The disability portion of the progam is a massive welfare program. Hispanics know how to scam the system better than anybody.

Medicare also sucks.

We would be better off without either one of those programs. The government should never have forced us to pay into those systems.

Social Security is another one. Raising the income limits on the tax is one of the ideas to keep the program stable. That is a lot of money for those involved.

Are you willing to give the people that pay in more to get higher SS pensions? What kind of SS pension should Bill Gates get, $283 million a year?

What the stupid greedy Libtards want to do is to keep the cap where it is now but force other people to pay more in. Disgusting.

I support social security and medicare. I support getting people in good paying jobs. I will not follow any political party nor would I ever work to get one elected. Not MY job.

Newsflash government spent all your social security contributions on other crap and gave you a worthless IOU.
Yep. And after taking his money to ostentatiously to save for his retirement, they now claim that the money he receives should be means tested to see if he really needs it back.

They are rigging social security so most people have to work until they are 70 in the hopes that millions will die before collecting one cent of their money. You have to hand it to government boy, they really protected OUR money by 'borrowing' OUR money and spending every last dime on other crap.

Joe said he is going to stick it to those earning $400k or more per year and corporations...including doubling capital gains taxes.

Gee, I live in Canada and my tax rate is 13.5% - and that includes my medical insurance. Our tax rates are WAY lower than yours and we have cradle to the grave social programs, one of the best education and healthcare systems in the World, and we're the best country in the world to live in.

Federal Tax Bracket Rates for 2021
The following are the federal tax rates for 2021 according to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA):
  • 15% on the first $49,020 of taxable income, and
  • 20.5% on the portion of taxable income over $49,020 up to $98,040 and
  • 26% on the portion of taxable income over $98,040 up to $151,978 and
  • 29% on the portion of taxable income over $151,978 up to $216,511 and

Once again, Americans pay more than anybody else and get less than anyone else in return for their money.

Gee, I live in Canada and my tax rate is 13.5%

So you are poor................or a lying sack.

Federal tax rates for 2021
  • 15% on the first $49,020 of taxable income, plus
  • 20.5% on the next $49,020 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over 49,020 up to $98,040), plus
  • 26% on the next $53,939 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over $98,040 up to $151,978), plus
  • 29% on the next $64,533 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over 151,978 up to $216,511), plus

I support a consumption based tax. Gross pay should be take home pay. Let the states and national government come up with the rates. Let’s say 5% state, 20% national.

A "consumption" tax is too regressive and only hurts the poorest.

I really have no problem with them treating all cap gains at regular income tax rates. I paid almost $20K in federal taxes last year. I wouldn't mind that if I felt like I had gotten even a little bit of goods and services out of the deal, but nope. Not a thing.
I paid $60,000 in taxes last year, yet the worthless poor who panhandle on street corners pay nothing in taxes, yet get goods and services the same as me. Fuck the poor...Sick of them. Get a fucking job, i see help wanted signs all over the place, but the shits, just panhandle, no dollars from me.

Forum List

Back