CDZ What exactly is "Equity" and how does it compare to "Equality"?

martybegan

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2010
I have to be honest, and say I don't really recall the term "Equity" being used the way it has before about 2-3 years ago. Back then the calls were for "Equality" a term far more easy to understand, and define.

My question is why the change? When did Equality become not good enough?

My answer, to start things off, is using Equity allows you to seem like supporting equality, but allows you to add a fudge factor to favor one side/person/thing over another. It's basically giving one side the advantage due to "XYZ" but still claim because of the other sides previous advantages, things are now truly equal.

It's a way to put your finger on the scale and tip the situation in your favor, or in the favor of the side you approve of.

Equity is just a word to virtue signal for votes as it is drowned by the demagoguery that it is.

It's used for that sure, I'm just trying to figure out the actual difference between it and equality. My definition is my view, just curious to see what others think.

I have to be honest, and say I don't really recall the term "Equity" being used the way it has before about 2-3 years ago. Back then the calls were for "Equality" a term far more easy to understand, and define.

My answer, to start things off, is using Equity allows you to seem like supporting equality, but allows you to add a fudge factor to favor one side/person/thing over another. It's basically giving one side the advantage due to "XYZ" but still claim because of the other sides previous advantages, things are now truly equal.

It's a way to put your finger on the scale and tip the situation in your favor, or in the favor of the side you approve of.
The word Equity has been abused for well over 10 years.

I think the change was, because it is becoming, no, it has BECOME painfully obvious that when people talk of "equality" today, what they are really talking about is discrimination against whites, especially white males.

So, "equality" was too well defined. It made liberals look stupid to claim to be for "equality" when they were/are clearly pushing unequal treatment.

By using a less well known term, they can vague it up, and confuse the issue.

It's used for that sure, I'm just trying to figure out the actual difference between it and equality. My definition is my view, just curious to see what others think.
My point is, it does not really matter.

What matters is that it is pleasing to the ear of those who are voting for you

It's just that simple.

And the reverse is also true, call everyone who opposes your political power a racist, not really caring what that word really means either.

Reminds me of one of my favorite songs

It doesn't matter what I say
So long as I sing with inflection
That makes you feel I'll convey
Some inner truth or vast reflection
But I've said nothing so far
And I can keep it up for as long as it takes
And it don't matter who you are
If I'm doing my job, it's your resolve that breaks

[Hook]
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The Hook brings you back
On that you can rely

[Verse 2]
There is something amiss
I am being insincere
In fact I don't mean any of this
Still my confession draws you near
To confuse the issue I'll refer
To familiar heroes from long ago
No matter how much Peter loved her
What made the Pan refuse to grow

[Hook]
Was that the hook that brings you back
I ain't telling you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

[Instrumental]

[Verse 3]
Suck it in, suck it in, suck it in
If you're Rin Tin Tin or Anne Boleyn
Make a desperate move or else you'll win
And then begin to see what you're doing to me
This MTV is not for free
It's so PC it's killing me
So, desperately, I sing to thee of love
Sure, but also of rage and hate and pain and fear of self
And I can't keep these feelings on the shelf
I've tried -- well, no, in fact, I lied
Could be financial suicide but I've got too much pride inside
To hide or slide I'll do as I'll decide
And let it ride until I've died
And only then shall I abide this tide
Of catchy little tunes
Of hip three minute ditties
I wanna bust all your balloons
I wanna burn all of your cities to the ground
I've found I will not mess around
Unless I play, then hey, I will go on all day
Hear what I say, I have a prayer to pray
That's really all this was
And when I'm feeling stuck and need a buck
I don't rely on luck because

Last edited:
Equity is all about putting some groups above others. It is the idea that some people are superior and are to given special rights.

Wow, MLK would be rolling in his grave if he was alive today. WTH are we doing?

I think the change was, because it is becoming, no, it has BECOME painfully obvious that when people talk of "equality" today, what they are really talking about is discrimination against whites, especially white males.

So, "equality" was too well defined. It made liberals look stupid to claim to be for "equality" when they were/are clearly pushing unequal treatment.

By using a less well known term, they can vague it up, and confuse the issue.

More to the point, "equity" lets them aim for exactly what they want, which is trying to micro-manage outcomes.

I take it that you're saying that there can be 'equity' without equality? Or fwiw, vice versa?
Is it a serious discussion?

Equity the acceptance that Equality is not achievable outside of Applied Mathematics ... :thup:

So asking for people's opinions on this on a discussion board designed to discuss opinions is a waste of time?

Why reply to this at all then?
Wait! Here's a shot in the dark.
There could be an effort to distance America from France's motto, which is usually found to be not acceptable for Americans.

Liberty yes, but not fraternity and definitely not equality. (egality being both social and political )

Equity is all about putting some groups above others. It is the idea that some people are superior and are to given special rights.

Wow, MLK would be rolling in his grave if he was alive today. WTH are we doing?
1641576203547.png

Forum List

Back