CDZ Is It Weird For Fathers To Kiss Their Grown Sons?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
Or teenagers and no I do not mean on the lips. I mean on the cheek or head or something. I actually don't find it weird myself as long as the child doesn't object to it and it's not in public or in front of all of their friends, because it's just showing them that they love them. That's my take on it anyways.

Or teenagers and no I do not mean on the lips. I mean on the cheek or head or something. I actually don't find it weird myself as long as the child doesn't object to it and it's not in public or in front of all of their friends, because it's just showing them that they love them. That's my take on it anyways.

There's a time and a place for all demonstrations of familial affection. As a teen boy I would have resisted such affection, preferring instead my father offer his thick, calloused working man's hand for a vise like, honest handshake. However, when a son is ill or pressed upon crushingly by life's howling winds of woe, such a demonstration of affection could be forgiven by the recipient in need of such comfort. Otherwise, different families have different ways of commonly expressing affection it would seem.

Are you making a covert point about Biden shoving his tongue down Hunters throat?

It is weird in this country because fathers were programed to no show outward signs of love for their children. Doing so is not "manly".

In most cultures it is totally normal.

If my ole man tried to kiss me, anywhere, for any reason, yeah, that would be weird.

I do it. If someone's offended by it I've something they can kiss.

There's a time and a place for all demonstrations of familial affection. As a teen boy I would have resisted such affection, preferring instead my father offer his thick, calloused working man's hand for a vise like, honest handshake. However, when a son is ill or pressed upon crushingly by life's howling winds of woe, such a demonstration of affection could be forgiven by the recipient in need of such comfort. Otherwise, different families have different ways of commonly expressing affection it would seem.
My dad and I never hugged. Never kissed. Never said "I love you." It was who we were raised to be.

It is the biggest regret of my life and now I never pass up the chance to hug, kiss, and express my love for those I care for. There may never be another chance.

I do it. If someone's offended by it I've something they can kiss.

Wow, we actually agree?? I know it's pretty cold out there today, but I didn't realize that it was cold enough to freeze Hell. :eek-52:

My dad and I ever hugged. Never kissed. Never said "I love you."

It is the biggest regret of my life and now I never pass up the chance to hug, kiss, and express my love for those I care for. There may never be another chance.

Twice in one day!?! Is Hell having an ice storm or something!?!

In America, its a tad unusual. But there are places like Sicily where its part of societal norms.

I have to say I find this a really weird question to ask. Any time that it would be okay for a mother to kiss her son, it's okay for a father to kiss his. One of the things I unabashedly approve of about my husband is the unself-conscious way he expresses affection for our boys, and thereby models that to them as appropriate male behavior. My sons have never gone through the "I'm too grown up to kiss my parents in front of my friends" phase because their dad has always made it clear that it's okay.

Forum List

Back