We’re Going to Defend Taiwan?

What did I lie about?

Fence turtle.
You stated…

And I'll always support the U.S. using force to resist tyrants and oppressors.

Yet you support tyrants and oppressors if told to by our corrupt government.

Think better.

You stated…

And I'll always support the U.S. using force to resist tyrants and oppressors.

Yet you support tyrants and oppressors if told to by our corrupt government.

Think better.

1) Again, what did I lie about?
2) How is the U.S. government corrupt? And I mean in detail that you can prove. NOT just what you imagine or suspect.

President Biden made the announcement.

I disagree completely with that stance.

maxresdefault.jpg

Biden by a report is supposed to introduce a new trade deal perhaps today called the Indo-Pacific trade pact. And Taiwan is not on it. Legit? So what's the deal?
We currently cannot have a trade pact with Taiwan due to the One China Policy.

It is as empty a pledge as the Clinton made to defend Ukraine (or order for them to give up their nukes).
Hey, don't let your BDS blind you to reality. Biden is already working on pre-emptively providing arms to Taiwan.

The Biden administration is quietly pressing the Taiwanese government to order American-made weapons that would help its small military repel a seaborne invasion by China rather than weapons designed for conventional set-piece warfare, current and former U.S. and Taiwanese officials say.

The U.S. campaign to shape Taiwan’s defenses has grown in urgency since the full-scale Russian invasion of Ukraine ordered in late February by President Vladimir V. Putin. The war has convinced Washington and Taipei that a Chinese invasion of Taiwan in the coming years is now a potential danger — and that a smaller military with the right weapons that has adopted a strategy of asymmetric warfare, in which it focuses on mobility and precision attacks, can beat back a larger foe.

They are not comparable. I know nothing about Russia's ranking as far as the military is concerned so that part is lost on me. One fellow I know who was in the Russian army who moved here from Ukraine said that they have vodka for breakfast and vodka for supper. What Happened to Putin's army is no surprise to me. Though considering the fact that Ukraine is in ruins pretty much from one end to the other.... I am wondering why everyone's saying Russia has been defeated. It Wasn't Ukraine that Russia fought... It was NATO from day one. It was NATO that was ready for Russia and not the other way around; And he Still flattened Ukraine with an army of drunks and junkyard equipment. The Chinese are far more clever and resourceful. China is by far the most powerful military opponent the US has ever seen to date bar none and they are getting stronger all the time even as we are waning. China would still be crushed of course.... But the cost to us would be so great I don't think we would be able to defend ourselves afterwards. In fact I'm pretty sure what we were engaging China and a conventional war Russia would probably drop tactical nukes all over North America.... Maybe even God forbid... Some of The 100 megaton charges. They would be destroyed of course but only after we had been. You see what you warhawks fail to realize is that it's a Pyrrhic victory unlike any that's ever been survived because this one would nothing to survive for.

Ukraine is using NATO weapons, but NATO isn't fighting this war. If NATO fought Russia this war would have been over in 3 days. :laugh: Speaking of which, China wouldn't just be battling the US alone, they would have to face off against NATO, Japan, South Korea, Australia and obviously Taiwan, all while possibly have to fend off India, who may very well look to take advantage of the situation. Even in the impossible scenario that we would face down China, mano a mano the US would never suffer losses to the point where this country wouldn't be able to defend itself. We are not Ukraine and even they have plenty of weapons left to defend their country.

Ukraine has some damaged cities and villages in the east and southern parts of their country, they are not in Ruins from one end to the other, which should actually tell you a lot. Putin has lost over 30% of his combat strength and very possibly 30,000 troops in 3 months, in order to take a bunch of rubble, which used to be one city in Ukraine. That's a historic disaster against a country with no navy and barely what you would call an airforce. Do you think Putin can stand losing up to 60% of his army in another 3 months, especially when he can no longer repair and resupply his tanks, vehicles or missles? It's over, we're just waiting to see what happens next.

Ukraine is using NATO weapons, but NATO isn't fighting this war. If NATO fought Russia this war would have been over in 3 days. :laugh: Speaking of which, China wouldn't just be battling the US alone, they would have to face off against NATO, Japan, South Korea, Australia and obviously Taiwan, all while possibly have to fend off India, who may very well look to take advantage of the situation. Even in the impossible scenario that we would face down China, mano a mano the US would never suffer losses to the point where this country wouldn't be able to defend itself. We are not Ukraine and even they have plenty of weapons left to defend their country.

Ukraine has some damaged cities and villages in the east and southern parts of their country, they are not in Ruins from one end to the other, which should actually tell you a lot. Putin has lost over 30% of his combat strength and very possibly 30,000 troops in 3 months, in order to take a bunch of rubble, which used to be one city in Ukraine. That's a historic disaster against a country with no navy and barely what you would call an airforce. Do you think Putin can stand losing up to 60% of his army in another 3 months, especially when he can no longer repair and resupply his tanks, vehicles or missles? It's over, we're just waiting to see what happens next.
Russia definitely needs a new plan ....
However:.

Ukraine does not actually exist right now...it is effectively NATO...and has been since the war began. It's a raw deal for Ukraine in the sense that they have taken the brunt.

Russia is not fully mobilized in this war and never was. I can only surmise that Putin is not as totally in charge as we seem to think he is.

A war with China would spell doom for China. We however would not survive in the same form. I don't think we would ever actually recover to be honest. The mythology of the Almighty superpower is a flawed piece of thinking. We were ass-beat in Afghanistan by sandal wearing cave dwellers....sooooo.

What I hope will happen:
1.) New leadership in Russia
2.) Cooperative economic Recovery for
All of Europe
3.) Disband NATO permanently
4.) China and Taiwan make peace

What will probably happen:

1.) Putin will move to tactical nukes
2.) NATO will retaliate
3.) China will move on Taiwan at that point even though they would rather not do it that way
4.) Us will engage and lose most of its surface Navy but eventually prevail.
5.) At that point China may very well torch Taiwan with missile power.

New Topics

Forum List

Back