Well the Southern Baptists declared the bible a true factual word of God.

Ben Thomson

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2020
Absolutely accurate in every aspect. According to Genesis the earth was created in seven days. That belief held for hundreds of years until geological evidence stated otherwise then they backtracked a little by saying things like..well maybe a day meant a million years. I mean nowhere in the bible are the Paleozoic, Mesozoic and Cenozoic Eras even mentioned, each of which spanned millions of years. I mean which came first, Adam and Eve or the dinosaurs....Is the Bible Historically Accurate?

Absolutely accurate in every aspect. According to Genesis the earth was created in seven days. That belief held for hundreds of years until geological evidence stated otherwise then they backtracked a little by saying things like..well maybe a day meant a million years. I mean nowhere in the bible are the Paleozoic, Mesozoic and Cenozoic Eras even mentioned, each of which spanned millions of years. I mean which came first, Adam and Eve or the dinosaurs....Is the Bible Historically Accurate?
And you believe we devolved from strong as hell monkeys, to each his own

Well when the devout are contently shoving their beliefs down everyone's throat..from everyday judgements to enacting laws, it does a little

You talking to me or to people who swear by the bible. Seems like a better question for them doesn't it.

And they didn't consult you first?! The nerve of those people!!

Let's have a thought experiment. In this experiment, God created the universe 10 minutes ago, in its current state as of 10 minutes ago, with all the "evidence" it's billions of years old built-in, with the light from distant stars created in transit, and us with all our memories of a lifetime in place.

Now...how could you disprove this?

You have to take Apologetics and hermeneutics . I took a two year course at my Baptist church and it opened scripture up to me where all the problems people say they have with it were answered. I wasn't in a SBC congregation but an independent.

Last edited:
"Once I saw this guy on a bridge about to jump. I said, "Don't do it!" He said, "Nobody loves me." I said, "God loves you. Do you believe in God?"

He said, "Yes." I said, "Are you a Christian or a Jew?" He said, "A Christian." I said, "Me, too! Protestant or Catholic?" He said, "Protestant." I said, "Me, too! What franchise?" He said, "Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Baptist or Southern Baptist?" He said, "Northern Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?"

He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region, or Northern Conservative Baptist Eastern Region?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region." I said, "Me, too!"

Northern Conservative†Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879, or Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912." I said, "Die, heretic!" And I pushed him off the bridge."

-- Emo Philips

EE2dqxSWwAAL6Qg.jpg

So your one of those who thing, wrongly, that if your not a religious person you have no morals. Truth is, you don't have to have a bible slammed up side your head to know the difference between right and wrong.

Move on and get laws enacted...laws that we have to abide by or get jailed.

Is there a particular law to which you feel compelled to break, at the risk of imprisonment?

If you don't like laws, elect legislators who will pass different laws.

Forum List

Back