Well the Southern Baptists declared the bible a true factual word of God.

Absolutely accurate in every aspect. According to Genesis the earth was created in seven days. That belief held for hundreds of years until geological evidence stated otherwise then they backtracked a little by saying things like..well maybe a day meant a million years. I mean nowhere in the bible are the Paleozoic, Mesozoic and Cenozoic Eras even mentioned, each of which spanned millions of years. I mean which came first, Adam and Eve or the dinosaurs....Is the Bible Historically Accurate?

God must be as insane as Biden then, the amount of contradictory stuff in there.

I think you should wear your faith like a loose garment. ... Scripture was never meant to be taken literally.

Jesus clearly stated that the scriptures were based upon Truth from God. (John 17:17). Jesus did not teach about the creation as if it were nothing but an allegory.........He taught literalism when referencing Genesis. Example: Jesus instructed by relying the story of Jonah (Matthew 12:38-41) Jesus taught this as literalism. The same for the creation account involving the creation of man (Matthew 10:6)

Its clear that Jesus did not look upon Creation as an allegory.

As stated and you fail to comprehend........You side with the God of Creation or you don't. Its not rocket science.......I have no problem in comprehending that you have no faith in God, you side with secularism and the traditions of men rather than God. You have a right to your ignorance........of not knowing what you don't know.

You keep repeating nothing but circular logic.........I asked you to present the passages in Genesis where there is an indication that the textual content and context was presented in an allegorical or symbloic method. You present nothing but ad hominem accusations. Why did you not present the text that defines Genesis as being a book of symbols (as is self defined elsewhere......such as in the book of revelation where the text clearly defines the text as being "signified" not literal)? Its simple there is no such text found in the Book of Genesis.....the history found concerning the creation is presented in Literal text.

You are the quint example of why Jesus made this statement in the parable about the wedding feast, "Many are called but few are choosen........." Matthew 22:14. God has sent out an open invitation and offered forgiveness through the Grace of His only begotten Son, Chirst Jesus........many (the majority) of the people have received this invitation, a few accept, a few ignore, and some even attempt to destroy the message/invitation sent out by God...(which represents the Word of God)....... Read the entire passage/parable concerning the wedding invitations.

its your choice.....you can go to the wedding and celebrate as the Bride of Christ or you can fail to RSVP or you can (as you do) attempt to destroy the messengers who God has sent out to present the invitation.

The tradition of men will not get you into heaven.........there is only one method, "I am the way, the truth, and the life; No one comes to the Father but through Me." -- John 14:6

Mohammad will not get you there, Joseph Smith will not get you there, Judaism will not get you there, none of the far eastern religions will get you there........"And there is no salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among mankind by which we must be saved." -- Acts 4:12

Last edited:
Jesus clearly stated that the scriptures were based upon Truth from God. (John 17:17). Jesus did not teach about the creation as if it were nothing but an allegory.........He taught literalism when referencing Genesis. Example: Jesus instructed by relying the story of Jonah (Matthew 12:38-41) Jesus taught this as literalism. The same for the creation account involving the creation of man (Matthew 10:6)

Its clear that Jesus did not look upon Creation as an allegory.

As stated and you fail to comprehend........You side with the God of Creation or you don't. Its not rocket science.......I have no problem in comprehending that you have no faith in God, you side with secularism and the traditions of men rather than God. You have a right to your ignorance........of not knowing what you don't know.

You keep repeating nothing but circular logic.........I asked you to present the passages in Genesis where there is an indication that the textual content and context was presented in an allegorical or symbloic method. You present nothing but ad hominem accusations. Why did you not present the text that defines Genesis as being a book of symbols (as is self defined elsewhere......such as in the book of revelation where the text clearly defines the text as being "signified" not literal)? Its simple there is no such text found in the Book of Genesis.....the history found concerning the creation is presented in Literal text.

You are the quint example of why Jesus made this statement in the parable about the wedding feast, "Many are called but few are choosen........." Matthew 22:14. God has sent out an open invitation and offered forgiveness through the Grace of His only begotten Son, Chirst Jesus........many (the majority) of the people have received this invitation, a few accept, a few ignore, and some even attempt to destroy the message/invitation sent out by God...(which represents the Word of God)....... Read the entire passage/parable concerning the wedding invitations.

its your choice.....you can go to the wedding and celebrate as the Bride of Christ or you can fail to RSVP or you can (as you do) attempt to destroy the messengers who God has sent out to present the invitation.

The tradition of men will not get you into heaven.........there is only one method, "I am the way, the truth, and the life; No one comes to the Father but through Me." -- John 14:6

Mohammad will not get you there, Joseph Smith will not get you there, Judaism will not get you there, none of the far eastern religions will get you there........"And there is no salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among mankind by which we must be saved." -- Acts 4:12

The truth doesn't have to be literalism. Traditional Christianity weren't literalists.

The literalists we're protestant reactionaries about 1911 in Philadelphia who were afraid of science and modernity.

If you take the Bible literally there are too many errors of fact and geography.. I don't think God would have made such obvious mistakes.

The truth doesn't have to be literalism. Traditional Christianity weren't literalists.

The literalists we're protestant reactionaries about 1911 in Philadelphia who were afraid of science and modernity.

If you take the Bible literally there are too many errors of fact and geography.. I don't think God would have made such obvious mistakes.

"Traditional Christianity weren't literalists."

Lie

If THE TRUTH is not literal.......what is? Truth can be determined by 2 methods.........Objective truth as demonstrated through the facts in evidence that are observable, reproducible and consistent with each application, "and".........prima facie truth, truth that is established not because of the facts in evidence as being objective in nature.....but truth as it appears based upon the eyewitness accounting of others who can't produce evidence other than testimony. When 3 or more witnesses describe the same......truth has been established.
As in a court setting ........prima facie truths are used to convict on a daily basis and stands as truth until someone presents the OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE to prove the prima facie accounts wrong.

You never present any objective evidence......its always personal ad hominem OPINIONS based upon your loyality to a false religion.

Forum List

Back