Well the Southern Baptists declared the bible a true factual word of God.

So your one of those who thing, wrongly, that if your not a religious person you have no morals. Truth is, you don't have to have a bible slammed up side your head to know the difference between right and wrong.
Funny I am the type of person who refused to kill a bird with a broken wing, I took it to a vet when I was younger

Funny I am 56 years old and never stolen a thing in my life

Funny the doctors told my wife and me when my daughter was the womb we should abort her, we said no..

Funny I open the doors for the people behind me

Funny I say yes sir and thank you mam

Funny I wear my pants on my waist

Funny I am polite and respect others

This has nothing to do with religion, it has to do with morals.

Well when the devout are contently shoving their beliefs down everyone's throat..from everyday judgements to enacting laws, it does a little

Ah... so you don't like the feeling of having something "shoved down your throat" either. That's fine, I agree. There are several issues I feel are kind of being shoved down my throat as well. Like pretending transgenders are normal and having hairy, drooling men in a bathroom with my daughters is a-ok. It ain't.

Which laws have recently been put in place solely due to those debbil Baptists?

I am an atheist. But I have a lot of religious friends that have never judged me or pushed anything on me at all. When I joined their painting class a few years ago, they welcomed me with grace and friendship. They asked me to their little country church early on and when I turned them down, they didn't harangue me at all.

Maybe you're both too sensitive and too intolerant to leave your house.

How do you "know" anything about the age of the earth that does not involve using, Theory, Conjecture, Speculation and Opinion? How do you calibrate a dating process based upon Circular reasoning? The strata or rock layers are dated by the fossils found within them and the fossils are dated by the rock strata they were discovered within.

I "HOPE" that once I am dead and buried................that some idiot does not dig up my bones in a few thousand years and declare that based upon the FACTS I am as old as the dirt that my bones were located in.......

It might be popular to declare that the earth is billions of years in age......but science, real science is not based upon majority beliefs. Its more than scientifically "inaccurate" to state that the age of the earth has been scientifically established as a fact of science, beyond the reason of doubt in an observative, reproducible and testable manner.

This cannot be accomplished because no one can go back to the beginning to Calibrate and Observe these attempts for accuracy. There is actually more measurements that suggest the earth and its geological evolution is 10s of thousands of year in age than the Billions required (that are unprovable) that evolutionists require.

One such question concerns the earth's magnetic field and its measurable rate of decay. Its provable that earth's magnetic field is losing strength, measurements over the past 100 years prove the rate of decay and gives a scientifically based method of calibrating the length and rate of that decay. If we "assume" the rate of decay to be based upon a constant depreciation (as does a belief in dating the earth at billions of years old.......as one must first assume the rate decay for certain radioactive elements have remained constant for over 4.5 billion years.....when its a proven fact of science that something so simple as water leeching can drastically change that rate of decay measurements). FACT: Even highest points on earth, such as Mt. Everest demonstrate the fact that they were once UNDER WATER as fossil sea life as been found all around the globe on the highest points of earth.

If the THEORY of CARBON DATING assumes consistency.....then the rate of decay for the earths magnetic field can be ASSUMED to be consistent.....which brings us to a calibrated age of thousands of years.......not billions of years.

One more question......or rather one more observation. When I was a child in middle school the students were taught that the age of the earth was 3.5 Billion years old BASED UPON scientific meansurements..........today, just a few decades later.......these measurements were "recalibrated" to declare ........the earth is now 4.5 Billion years old. Which TRUTH was TRUE.....today or a few decades ago? Who was lied to........the children of my generation or the children of this generation......for most certainly someone was mislead for the earth to have aged over a Billion years in less than 50 years.

So.........no, you can't prove that the earth is over 4 billion years old....because you have no real source of calibrating these "theoretical" measurements.

Circular reasoning. You are taking measurements that were observed over the past one to two hundred years and projecting an assumed consistency for over 4 Billion years. There is actually no source of calibrating any scientific data past the age of recorded history even for a compartive analysis.....its all based upon assumptions, speculations, conjecture and opinion (biased opinion).

Do I know how old the earth is can I scientifically prove that age? No more than you can..........prove that its more than 10k years old.

Last edited:
So your one of those who thing, wrongly, that if your not a religious person you have no morals. Truth is, you don't have to have a bible slammed up side your head to know the difference between right and wrong.
Maybe for some, but most do.

Absolutely accurate in every aspect. According to Genesis the earth was created in seven days. That belief held for hundreds of years until geological evidence stated otherwise then they backtracked a little by saying things like..well maybe a day meant a million years. I mean nowhere in the bible are the Paleozoic, Mesozoic and Cenozoic Eras even mentioned, each of which spanned millions of years. I mean which came first, Adam and Eve or the dinosaurs....Is the Bible Historically Accurate?
And they didn't consult you first?! The nerve of those people!!

Let's have a thought experiment. In this experiment, God created the universe 10 minutes ago, in its current state as of 10 minutes ago, with all the "evidence" it's billions of years old built-in, with the light from distant stars created in transit, and us with all our memories of a lifetime in place.

Now...how could you disprove this?
Ben, are you going to attempt this?

1624752465281.png

This may come as a shock, but someone people don't believe everything you do.
Reason number 1 why some on the left wants to get rid of the electoral college, they want to control the folks who don't believe what they do

Yep.. In 2012 Trump ranted and raved to do away with the Electoral College.

Southern Baptists declared the bible a true factual word of God.
Which if left solely in the context of religious belief would be of no consequence – theists are at liberty to believe whatever they want, no matter how wrong and devoid of fact.

But that’s not how the Christian right operates.

They’ll attempt to codify subjective religious dogma into secular law in violation of the Framers’ intent that church and state remain separate.

Southern Baptists declared the bible a true factual word of God.
Which if left solely in the context of religious belief would be of no consequence – theists are at liberty to believe whatever they want, no matter how wrong and devoid of fact.

But that’s not how the Christian right operates.

They’ll attempt to codify subjective religious dogma into secular law in violation of the Framers’ intent that church and state remain separate.
your premise is a lie,,

This may come as a shock, but someone people don't believe everything you do.
Reason number 1 why some on the left wants to get rid of the electoral college, they want to control the folks who don't believe what they do

Yep.. In 2012 Trump ranted and raved to do away with the Electoral College.
And that means what to me?

The same as the heritage foundation health care mandate?

I disagree with both

And they didn't consult you first?! The nerve of those people!!

Let's have a thought experiment. In this experiment, God created the universe 10 minutes ago, in its current state as of 10 minutes ago, with all the "evidence" it's billions of years old built-in, with the light from distant stars created in transit, and us with all our memories of a lifetime in place.

Now...how could you disprove this?
Not my claim. Not my job to disprove it.

Forum List

Back