"Wearing masks won't prevent people from catching COVID-19."

Did they take your vitals? Yes / No

Did they take x-rays, Yes / No

Lip, chin, five fingers. The only thing was temperature, blood pressure. My thumb they took an X-ray because it was smashed with a four pound sledgehammer and they wanted to be sure there weren’t bone spurs. But that’s it.

you can’t except you’re wrong

So the answer to my question was Yes and Yes.

I really don't care if you wear a mask or not, just don't come anywhere near me.
Yes. That's a great policy under any circumstances.
The virus is still running rampant, and unless you want the country to shut down again, we have to take every measure to limit the spread, whether by land sea or air.
Masks prevent virus shedding onto surfaces. And along with handwashing cuts transmission by factors of (i've heard quoted) 1/20th.

You're not "limiting the spread". You're delaying it, which largely has the effect of drawing the pain and annoyance of this whole thing out.

You need to take measures to get a fucking grip.

40 million.

Doesn't matter.

Enough is enough. We are don't protecting others by sacrificing liberty.

Live free and/or die. I don 't give a fuck.

The only country I ever heard such disregard for life from was Russia, or Cambodia.
So Venezuela is good? Africa good? Syria good? Wow, you don’t listen to news about the world. Shit , maybe you don’t even know they exist

I love shaming posts, no effort.

he’s never heard of the Holocaust! Hahaha hahaha
It's always an appeal to emotion when tyrants want to shit all over your liberty and force things down your throat.

Shame posting is the common example of it on here.

The right way is to treat it like putting out a fire with a blanket. You leave the blanket on until the fire is reduced to just embers. If you take it off while there is still an active fire, it just flares up, and you have to initiate a shutdown all over again.
Kind of like how you would suffocate liberty. Keep putting a blanket over it until it is all snuffed out. If you let up on it, you have to fight with people all over again.
You ever heard of taking away your liberty by drafting your ass into WW I, WW II, Korea, Vietnam.

You compare wearing a mask to that?

The right way is to treat it like putting out a fire with a blanket. You leave the blanket on until the fire is reduced to just embers. If you take it off while there is still an active fire, it just flares up, and you have to initiate a shutdown all over again.
Kind of like how you would suffocate liberty. Keep putting a blanket over it until it is all snuffed out. If you let up on it, you have to fight with people all over again.
You ever heard of taking away your liberty by drafting your ass into WW I, WW II, Korea, Vietnam.

When did I say a draft is an appropriate bit of government force and tyranny? Especially when said military service would be employed thousands of miles away in a situation that has no measurable affect on America or its liberty.

Quit deflecting and straw manning.

Yeah, and so, what changed between now and then?

How did science suddenly change after March 8?

How has this virus been able to behave like no other virus?

Like I said:

• You can contract the virus and not know.
  • You can be infected and have NO symptoms.
  • You can spread the virus even if you have no symptoms of infection.
  • You can spread the virus and not actually be infected.
  • You can spread the virus to others if you don't wear a mask, but wearing a mask will not protect others from you.
  • You can contract the virus, recover, the get it AGAIN (something viruses NEVER do).

It is the PERFECT authoritarian tool.

To start, this is a new virus (hence the term novel), so it doesn't seem strange for assumptions about it to end up being incorrect.

To go to your points:
  • You can contract the flu and not know
  • You can be infected with the flu and have NO symptoms
  • You can spread the flu even if you have no symptoms of infection
  • The flu is also believed to be able to be spread through contact, so it would also be possible to spread it without being infected
  • I'm not sure why you're saying wearing a mask won't protect others. Isn't that the basic point of masks with COVID?
  • You can contract the flu, recover, and get it AGAIN
There are also other diseases which can be spread by someone asymptomatic. Examples would include chlamydia or hepatitis.

While the COVID-19 virus is apparently acting somewhat differently from other respiratory viruses, you are making it seem completely different in ways it is not.
Well, then, because the flu virus kills more people than COVID, the mask thing will be PERMANENT, right?

The same justifications apply.

Either this is bullshit or the perfect cover to permanently destroy America's economy (with more lockdowns and forced quarantine)....conveniently allowing the communists to take over and replace.

If you can't connect the dots (or refuse to do so) no need to discuss it further.

COVID has killed more people so far in the US than the flu does in any given year, except for 1918.

If you are worried about lockdowns and forced quarantine (as anyone should be), I'd think you would be in favor of mask wearing, not opposed. Wearing masks is a much better protective measure than lockdowns when it comes to the economy.

Sorry, I don't buy into this worldwide pandemic as being bullshit, and I don't foresee any impending communist overthrow of the government. I'm perfectly willing to discuss whether any given protective measure is effective, appropriate, whether local or federal governments have the authority to implement different measures, etc. If your argument against wearing masks boils down to a communist plot, however, we may as well end the conversation. ;)

Did they take your vitals? Yes / No

Did they take x-rays, Yes / No

Lip, chin, five fingers. The only thing was temperature, blood pressure. My thumb they took an X-ray because it was smashed with a four pound sledgehammer and they wanted to be sure there weren’t bone spurs. But that’s it.

you can’t except you’re wrong

So the answer to my question was Yes and Yes.
You said bloodwork. Nope

You're not "limiting the spread". You're delaying it, which largely has the effect of drawing the pain and annoyance of this whole thing out.

Have you heard? They're working on a vaccine. If we can hold out until the reinforcements arrive we'll live though this.

You want to throw in the towel right before the rescue ship shows up.

Have you heard? They're working on a vaccine. If we can hold out until the reinforcements arrive we'll live though this.

Lemme guess.

You're going to FORCE me to get the vaccine.

Clockwork.

No such thing. You’ve been Hoodwinked.

you should just kill yourselves

When did I say a draft is an appropriate bit of government force and tyranny?

Are you a surrender monkey then?
Quit trying to force a false dichotomy on your non sequitur straw man.

It is not appropriate for government to force people to fight their foreign wars. Can I be any more clear?

Forum List

Back