Video Catches Woman In Central Park Falsely Reporting An African American Man Is Threatening My Life

The point is, he had the right, and was in the right, and reasonable, to ask her to leash her dog. And she flipped out.
Absolutely. The more appropriate thing to do would have been to contact law enforcement if he was so concerned about it. Instead he stood there creepily filming her. I guess to shame her publicly? There's a lot of that going around now, the public shaming virtue police. I wonder if he still feels like it was worth it now that she has been fired and is getting death threats.

And yes. This is still a nonsense story. Cable news outlets are running prime time segments on a woman not walking her dog on leash in Central Park. Let that sink in for a minute. Newspapers and media organizations are writing piece after piece. I guess this is what really matters in the face of a pandemic, tanking economy, rising tensions in East Asia, and floods that have displaced thousands.

You've got to be joking. Call the cops on her for violating the leash laws? He couldn't just politely ask her to leash her dog? We can't address any social issue with polite discussion; they all require escalation to the police? That's an absurd idea.

Watch the film. She broke the law. Anyone who supports her side is a racist. She did this. It's on her.
Call the cops on her for violating the leash laws?
Yes. If he is that concerned.
He couldn't just politely ask her to leash her dog?
But he didn't just politely ask her to leash the dog did he. He is filming her. Most people don't take kindly to being filmed without their consent.
We can't address any social issue with polite discussion
Why is he filming it if his intention is to have a "polite discussion"? That isn't really how one would go about it unless you know what you were doing could lead to a confrontation.
She broke the law.
Which is why we have law enforcement.
Anyone who supports her side is a racist.
Calling people racists thirty years ago might have been meaningful. It's a tired cliche now, like Nazi, which is unfortunate.
She did this. It's on her.
Sure. She is ultimately at fault for not having her animal on a leash. But the man in question bears some responsibility for how this event unfolded. He could have just easily walked away and/or called the Central Park Precinct or notified one of the many officers that are in the park. Instead he chose to make vaguely menacing statements and try to lure her dog away in a secluded area of the park all while filming. That is kind of creepy. It's not surprising that someone might freak out.

Yep.....and had they found her body, they would have wondered why she didn't call for help...

What this woman did is a crime. At least in my state it is. It's a crime to make false reports to 9-11. It takes police or first responders away from real emergencies when people need help. The police should arrest her and charge her for her crimes.

If I was that man, I would be suing that woman for every penny she has. She could have gotten that innocent man killed. The police could have mistaken his phone for a weapon and started shooting. He would have died. All because she broke at least 2 laws.

Garbage like this has got to stop.

She rescued that dog from an organization. That organization saw the video and how she was abusing her dog, the dog cried out in a yelp at one point, so they confiscated that dog from her and that dog is now safe.

Her employer has learned of her actions and placed her on administrative leave. If I was her boss, I would require her to go through anger management and racial training. Or fire her.

I remember when all these asshats said it was wrong for a guy to call out a woman who parked in a handicap space......it then led to her baby daddy shoving the guy to the ground, violently, and the guy ended up shooting the baby daddy........

So here these morons are, supporting another guy like the guy complaining about the parking violation...

You morons are really stupid........if he didn't like the dog not on the leash, he should have walked away.....right?

Remember when you morons said the guy in the parking lot had not business commenting on the woman parking in the handicap spot?

You morons....

Odd isn’t it that you seem to be taking the other side of the equation. It was perfectly acceptable to harass a woman in the handicapped space, but telling a woman to put her dog on the leash? Outrageous.

Now, let me say this. First, the guy in the parking lot should have minded his own damned business. Second, the guy in the park should have shook his head and walked away long before anything was said.

D6F84D3B-0496-4807-AF79-1E1C523100E9.jpeg

The truth is, we all have pet peeves, things that annoy us. Things that other people do that we find offensive. Some people lose their shit when someone litters. Other people lose their cool over something else. But here is the problem. None of those people have the right to do anything.

Mind your own damned business. The two idiots in my own state of Georgia could have saved themselves and their neighbor a lot of grief if they had.

Mind your own damned business. The idiot in Florida who was convicted for shooting a retreating man could have saved himself a lot of grief if he had.

Mind your own damned business. It’s really that simple. We pay people to look for crimes. If you see one, call those people. If you want to get involved, then suffer the consequences of that decision. If someone tells you not to litter and starts shouting at you, walk away. Don’t get into an argument with the blithering idiot. Just walk away.

Let them break the law by chasing you and threatening you. Record them acting the fool and put it out there.

The point is, he had the right, and was in the right, and reasonable, to ask her to leash her dog. And she flipped out.
Absolutely. The more appropriate thing to do would have been to contact law enforcement if he was so concerned about it. Instead he stood there creepily filming her. I guess to shame her publicly? There's a lot of that going around now, the public shaming virtue police. I wonder if he still feels like it was worth it now that she has been fired and is getting death threats.

And yes. This is still a nonsense story. Cable news outlets are running prime time segments on a woman not walking her dog on leash in Central Park. Let that sink in for a minute. Newspapers and media organizations are writing piece after piece. I guess this is what really matters in the face of a pandemic, tanking economy, rising tensions in East Asia, and floods that have displaced thousands.

You've got to be joking. Call the cops on her for violating the leash laws? He couldn't just politely ask her to leash her dog? We can't address any social issue with polite discussion; they all require escalation to the police? That's an absurd idea.

Watch the film. She broke the law. Anyone who supports her side is a racist. She did this. It's on her.
But he didn't just politely ask her to leash the dog did he. He is filming her. Most people don't take kindly to being filmed without their consent.
Why is he filming it if his intention is to have a "polite discussion"? That isn't really how one would go about it unless you know what you were doing could lead to a confrontation.
She broke the law.
Calling people racists thirty years ago might have been meaningful. It's a tired cliche now, like Nazi, which is unfortunate.
Sure. She is ultimately at fault for not having her animal on a leash. But the man in question bears some responsibility for how this event unfolded. He could have just easily walked away and/or called the Central Park Precinct or notified one of the many officers that are in the park. Instead he chose to make vaguely menacing statements and try to lure her dog away in a secluded area of the park all while filming. That is kind of creepy. It's not surprising that someone might freak out.

Yep.....and had they found her body, they would have wondered why she didn't call for help...
Why was she calling for help? How was he going to hurt her watching birds?

She is ultimately at fault for not having her animal on a leash.
God fucking god

No, she is ultimately at fault for phoning in a false felony accusation, hoping the cops would come smash a black man for her.

How did she do that? He threatened her with "you won't like what I do next...."
Yeah then he pulled out his camera and started filming her acting a fucking fool. That was sure scary.

She broke the law.

Oh that's simple. She was in the wrong and she knew it. In lieu of doing the normal thing and leashing her dog and moving on, she, apparently quite a borderline personality case, tried to turn the tide on him with every weapon available to her.

She broke the law.

So this is how Mr. Cooper recounted the incident on Facebook. Sorry if it was already posted.

“ME: Look, if you’re going to do what you want, I’m going to do what I want, but you’re not going to like it.

“HER: What’s that?

“ME (to the dog): Come here, puppy!

“HER: He won’t come to you.

“ME: We’ll see about that…” before adding, “I pull out the dog treats I carry for just for such intransigence. I didn’t even get a chance to toss any treats to the pooch before Karen scrambled to grab the dog.

“HER: DON’T YOU TOUCH MY DOG!!!!!

I can understand why this exchange might cause a woman by herself in a secluded area of the park to freak out. I don't think either of them handled this well at all.

She broke the law.

So this is how Mr. Cooper recounted the incident on Facebook. Sorry if it was already posted.

“ME: Look, if you’re going to do what you want, I’m going to do what I want, but you’re not going to like it.

“ME: We’ll see about that…” before adding, “I pull out the dog treats I carry for just for such intransigence. I didn’t even get a chance to toss any treats to the pooch before Karen scrambled to grab the dog.

I can understand why this exchange might cause a woman by herself in a secluded area of the park to freak out. I don't think either of them handled this well at all.
"I can understand why this exchange might cause a woman by herself in a secluded area of the park to freak out. "

I don't. He asked her to leash her dog and she decided not to. He pulled out some dog treats and forced her to grab her dog. All she had to do is leash her dog

I can understand why this exchange might cause a woman by herself in a secluded area of the park to freak out.
Yeah, i can see that, too. But when the guy takes out his phone, she could probably calm down and or take off. She went at him. But ok, still no big deal, adults sometimes have tiffs.

But to phone in a felony of "being in a park while black", then? Eek...no. She effed up there.

She broke the law.

"I can understand why this exchange might cause a woman by herself in a secluded area of the park to freak out. "

I don't. He asked her to leash her dog and she decided not to. He pulled out some dog treats and forced her to grab her dog. All she had to do is leash her dog
You don't think people are concerned about weirdos in Central Park? Some guy groped a 9 year old in the park earlier today and tried to grab her before she got away. Robberies and sexual assaults were on the rise at the end of the year. So yeah, I can see how someone, especially if that person is high strung (not saying she is or is not) might see those words as a threat rather than just some nice man that happens to be carrying dog treats in the Bramble.

Yeah, i can see that, too. But when the guy takes out his phone, she could probably calm down and or take off. She went at him. But ok, still no big deal, adults sometimes have tiffs.
That's kind of my other point about this story. Both parties handled it poorly and now it has become this huge deal when we have far more important things to pay attention to.

She broke the law.

I was looking for your posts in the Arbery shooting threads saying that the McMichaels should have just called the police; that's their job. I didn't find your posts. Maybe you just didn't see the threads.

She broke the law.

I was looking for your posts in the Arbery shooting threads saying that the McMichaels should have just called the police; that's their job. I didn't find your posts. Maybe you just didn't see the threads.
I haven't been on this site in years before last night. I don't tend to dig too deep into forum categories, sticking mainly to what's new. Sheesh I don't know if I want to venture into that mess though.

Oh that's simple. She was in the wrong and she knew it. In lieu of doing the normal thing and leashing her dog and moving on, she, apparently quite a borderline personality case, tried to turn the tide on him with every weapon available to her.

My guess is that the employees and staff who worked with her at Franklin-Templeton, whether white, black, or other, are not surprised by this. They very likely have seen this side of her before.

What this woman did is a crime. At least in my state it is. It's a crime to make false reports to 9-11. It takes police or first responders away from real emergencies when people need help. The police should arrest her and charge her for her crimes.

If I was that man, I would be suing that woman for every penny she has. She could have gotten that innocent man killed. The police could have mistaken his phone for a weapon and started shooting. He would have died. All because she broke at least 2 laws.

Garbage like this has got to stop.

She rescued that dog from an organization. That organization saw the video and how she was abusing her dog, the dog cried out in a yelp at one point, so they confiscated that dog from her and that dog is now safe.

Her employer has learned of her actions and placed her on administrative leave. If I was her boss, I would require her to go through anger management and racial training. Or fire her.

This story is not worthy of national news
There are robberies, rapes and murders that are more important than a minor verbal fight.
Every 4 years the Press starts fanning the flames of racial strife to get out the vote for the Democrats.

Forum List

Back