First time in 140 years there was no baseball on Memorial Day

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
A very long streak is gone.
Thank you China. Wish I could present you with one of our fine hydrogen exploding devices.

MLB's first Memorial Day without games in 140 years ends history-filled streak of holiday baseball
The COVID-19 pandemic is keeping teams off the field for the first Memorial Day

Yesterday we were out and heard a game on the radio. We figured it was a replaying. We didn’t leave it on to find out, but it was warming to hear the announcers voice calling a play.

During WWII FDR thought it was essential that baseball continue. If major leaguers will not play I suggest we
get top minor leaguers or college players and televise a weekly baseball game. We could put people in the
stands in a socially distant way. I think many would watch, being starved for entertainment.

During WWII FDR thought it was essential that baseball continue. If major leaguers will not play I suggest we
get top minor leaguers or college players and televise a weekly baseball game. We could put people in the
stands in a socially distant way. I think many would watch, being starved for entertainment.

The ratings for the Tiger/Peyton Manning vs Mickelson/Tom Brady was off the charts. People want some live sports.

Forum List

Back