USMB Coffee Shop IV

Hopefully last nights snow is the last of it. Started out with a pretty good rain and then switched to snow. Plows haven't been by so I'm guessing they're taking the let it melt approach. I was too but hauled the electric snow thrower out just to see if it would handle it.
Did pretty job. Wasnt expecting that but I am now snow free on the deck, walks and patio enjoying the melt.

Hopefully last nights snow is the last of it. Started out with a pretty good rain and then switched to snow. Plows haven't been by so I'm guessing they're taking the let it melt approach. I was too but hauled the electric snow thrower out just to see if it would handle it.
Did pretty job. Wasnt expecting that but I am now snow free on the deck, walks and patio enjoying the melt.
Hopefully we're done with the snow for this year at least in lower elevations but you never know. We've had as much as 16 inches in April here in the city but that is really rare even in winter. Looking for high 60s and 70 degree days--78 forecast for Monday and 46 for a high on Tuesday. Weather whiplash.

Hopefully we're done with the snow for this year at least in lower elevations but you never know. We've had as much as 16 inches in April here in the city but that is really rare even in winter. Looking for high 60s and 70 degree days--78 forecast for Monday and 46 for a high on Tuesday. Weather whiplash.
Hope the weather gets better and ya'll get some sun and some spring flowers.

120383043-beautiful-spring-flowers-bouquets-in-various-vases-on-the-white-background-flowers-festive.jpg
1680385127116.jpeg
images
images

1680385303668.jpeg
1680385341322.jpeg
1680385385105.jpeg
1680385401429.jpeg

1680385477862.jpeg
images
images
1680385609604.jpeg
images

Waiting for my gelatin to gel so I can finish up our dessert for tomorrow.

Meanwhile I'm just surfing and learning a few things.

For instance: Did you know that 'procaffeinating' is the tendency not to do anything until you've had your coffee?

And have you ever noticed how much 'exercise' and 'extra fries' sound alike?

Last edited:
It's not pleasant but I wish they had done that after Kat's Hysterectomy, she might still be here physically. Unfortunately they told us they got everything and not to worry. By the time we discovered it four years latter it was already advanced stage 4. Even after the treatments make sure you get checked for a re-occurrence at least once a year, twice a year is even better.

And even then it can come back, it’s such an insidious disease.

I was recently watching Martina Navratilova in an interview with Piers Morgan. She had successfully overcome breast cancer some years ago. And then last year it returned, accompanied by another unrelated tumour in her throat. Thankfully both treatable, and now she has recovered.

Just awful weather. Raining all day.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Update on me: although my minuscule cancer has been removed,and there is nothing there, they want me to undergo twelve weeks of “preventative” chemo, followed by antibody treatment (have never heard of that before). I’ve reluctantly agreed, as l feel so well, and dread side effects.

What settled it was the heartbreaking death of a young friend of the family. Always full of life, she would have given anything for a treatment which would have saved her. But it was too late for her, her cancer had spread throughout her body.
My niece is doing that. She is pronounced cancer free from lung cancer that went to her brain but undergoes periodic infusions to protect against it coming back. The side effects are mostly just fatigue for a couple of days after the treatments but sometimes she doesn't even have that. I hope your experience is as good.

I’m sick of whining about the weather and freezing my butt off .. mmm .. well, that’s all I got.. 🤔

Forum List

Back