USMB Coffee Shop IV

I think most of our Coffee shoppers might get this one. :)
339742056_168210162802455_8718299145802624930_n.jpg
Hopefully he doesn't run out of cluck.

Having been away more than here for quite some time I can't help but notice there are distinct posting styles.

1. The debater, states facts and offers sources.
2. The chronic liar. Can't reason, so just makes everything up.
3. The talking points regurgitator. Basically a parrot of some news source. An ideologue.
4. The attention seeker. Really only wants a response.

Then there's the Coffee Shop. People just hanging with people.

Hello, how are you all ?🪷
Hello WillowLily and welcome to USMB and welcome to the Coffee Shop. We're happy you found us. Your profile says you're from Scotland. We have a couple of other Coffee Shoppers from Scotland but I cannot remember their screen names off hand. I don't believe they've posted in some time.

At any rate you'll find the Coffee Shop a pleasant refuge from the sometimes more contentiousness out there on other forums. Here we just share joys, concerns, frustrations, hopes, fun and folly and enjoy each other regardless of religious, political or other such differences.

First timers here receive a complimentary beverage. I love your screen name so I'll try to find an especially pretty one for you. :)

cocktails_mai-tai2.jpg

I can vouch for this. I took medical transcription for two years for a radiologist who was a native Bostonian and never lost the accent.
340214732_1435704023899231_2018105431878693560_n.jpg
The other radiologist in the department was a naturalized citizen from Iran who occasionally tossed in an Iranian word but I got pretty proficient doing his reports too. But when we heard that we were getting a doctor from Brazil, I was really glad that I was moving on to another job and wouldn't have to learn Portuguese. :)

Hello WillowLily and welcome to USMB and welcome to the Coffee Shop. We're happy you found us. Your profile says you're from Scotland. We have a couple of other Coffee Shoppers from Scotland but I cannot remember their screen names off hand. I don't believe they've posted in some time.

At any rate you'll find the Coffee Shop a pleasant refuge from the sometimes more contentiousness out there on other forums. Here we just share joys, concerns, frustrations, hopes, fun and folly and enjoy each other regardless of religious, political or other such differences.

First timers here receive a complimentary beverage. I love your screen name so I'll try to find an especially pretty one for you. :)

cocktails_mai-tai2.jpg
Aww! Thank you for the welcome , I was already a member i was called _Alexa_ But there is a member with the same name also wanted to change it to this one instead

Aww! Thank you for the welcome , I was already a member i was called _Alexa_ But there is a member with the same name also wanted to change it to this one instead
You're most welcome. I did have an Alexa on the roster but don't know if it was the other member or you. But if you got greeted twice, you no doubt deserved it. :)

Having been away more than here for quite some time I can't help but notice there are distinct posting styles.

1. The debater, states facts and offers sources.
2. The chronic liar. Can't reason, so just makes everything up.
3. The talking points regurgitator. Basically a parrot of some news source. An ideologue.
4. The attention seeker. Really only wants a response.

Then there's the Coffee Shop. People just hanging with people.
That's what the Coffee Shop is for. Those who can be really annoying or irritating to others depending on what side of the sociopolitical or religious spectrum we/they are on, are just folks here. And it's amazing how lovable people can be if you leave all that other stuff out of the equation.

I've never understood, or frankly appreciated, those who use politics or religion or other ideology to affect how they feel about people. Relationships have ended; friendships and families have been torn apart and that is so sad. And unnecessary. Some of my very favorite people do not share my religious beliefs nor my socioeconomic/political beliefs and it is okay. I allow them to be who and what they are so long as they treat others who deserve it with respect and dignity. And they accept me as I am.

In the anonymity of a message board, I can express my beliefs and perhaps vent my frustration and anger at whatever which I won't do with friends and family on say Facebook where I am obviously me. There are appropriate venues to have at it on controversial issues/points of view, and there are places where that isn't a good thing.

Forum List

Back