USMB Coffee Shop IV

dont-talk-to-me-until-ive-had-my-morning-coffee-51272939.png

Yesterday was the 5th anniversary of my fathers death.
To this day I can't really talk about him, or tell the many stories I know without choking up.
I want to talk about him sometimes, "hey you remember that time..." etc.
But I always end up in tears and can't talk.
I think it has a lot to do with the way he died. He died of brain cancer. It was fast. From diagnosis in the beginning of November to his death January 2nd. Mercifully he never had pain with it, but it wrecked him terribly. It took everything from him. He lost motor ability of nearly his entire body within a month. He spent the last month unable to walk, speak, move his arms with any real control. Until he couldn't even swallow.
Let me tell you the horrors of having to take care of your father in such a magnificent state of weakness. You do what you have to, and I would do it again. And again. But that doesn't help with the damage it does to your soul seeing your hero like that and needing help with everything. Everything.
Maybe someday I can get beyond that and talk and joke about him.

Miss you Dad

Yesterday was the 5th anniversary of my fathers death.
To this day I can't really talk about him, or tell the many stories I know without choking up.
I want to talk about him sometimes, "hey you remember that time..." etc.
But I always end up in tears and can't talk.
I think it has a lot to do with the way he died. He died of brain cancer. It was fast. From diagnosis in the beginning of November to his death January 2nd. Mercifully he never had pain with it, but it wrecked him terribly. It took everything from him. He lost motor ability of nearly his entire body within a month. He spent the last month unable to walk, speak, move his arms with any real control. Until he couldn't even swallow.
Let me tell you the horrors of having to take care of your father in such a magnificent state of weakness. You do what you have to, and I would do it again. And again. But that doesn't help with the damage it does to your soul seeing your hero like that and needing help with everything. Everything.
Maybe someday I can get beyond that and talk and joke about him.

Miss you Dad
Five years is still a fairly short time my friend. Especially when their passing was a traumatic as it was for you with your dad. You never stop missing them--my mom has been gone 40 years now and I still miss her--but the pain will fade into memories. And for most, talking about it does help.

Hey, ya'll! MisterBeale told how Hossfly had set up this page and that I should check in with you all. I am still hanging in there and still in at home hospice. Appreciate you all more than you will ever know....
Wow. Didn't know that Dale. Can I put you on our vigil list?

I just finished mixing up a batch of my dear little old mom's sour cream coffee cake. My best friend is coming over for coffee this morning, so I decided we might as well do it right.

Wow. Didn't know that Dale. Can I put you on our vigil list?
Hey Foxfyre,know it’s been a very long time sense I was last here,I know thst I asked you before if you could list and recommend some attraction sites for visitors touring through Nex mexico,I should have wrote them down lasttime but I’d didn’t,this time I will so could you list those again for me? Thanks.

Forum List

Back