USMB Coffee Shop IV

320756829_862953578379350_5331928123608192758_n.jpg

The snow is now melting and there are flood warnings. I had a wonderful Christmas with my daughter and grandchildren. This is the first Christmas I've hosted in this apartment. The tree was small and the cats left it alone.

The cats enjoyed turkey, new collars, and new toys. Rosemary had a nice ratsicle. My grandson received a dirt bike for Christmas. All my grandkids made out like bandits.

All and all, a day of joy and love.

The snow is now melting and there are flood warnings. I had a wonderful Christmas with my daughter and grandchildren. This is the first Christmas I've hosted in this apartment. The tree was small and the cats left it alone.

The cats enjoyed turkey, new collars, and new toys. Rosemary had a nice ratsicle. My grandson received a dirt bike for Christmas. All my grandkids made out like bandits.

All and all, a day of joy and love.
Sounds like a Christmas anybody would wish for and/or enjoy. ((hugs))

I weighed myself like I always do a few times each day and this time I had gone out for a long walk and then took a shower, weiging myself before and after the shower. Now usually I gain 0.1-0.2 lbs from the added water weight on my body but today I lost 0.5 lbs. I didnt tinkle or poo or vomit in the shower so where did the weight go? What was sticking to my skin from the walk that weighed half a pound? It was a quick shower, not three minutes of cold bliss. My only explanation is that I was covered in heavy weighted particulate matter, maybe plutonium or uranium or possibly rhodium. What else could it be?

I weighed myself like I always do a few times each day and this time I had gone out for a long walk and then took a shower, weiging myself before and after the shower. Now usually I gain 0.1-0.2 lbs from the added water weight on my body but today I lost 0.5 lbs. I didnt tinkle or poo or vomit in the shower so where did the weight go? What was sticking to my skin from the walk that weighed half a pound? It was a quick shower, not three minutes of cold bliss. My only explanation is that I was covered in heavy weighted particulate matter, maybe plutonium or uranium or possibly rhodium. What else could it be?
Or just an imperfection in the variances of your scale. Almost all home scales have them.

Extremely cold weather causes the body to burn more calories than comfortable spring or fall temperatures, and there's been a cold front going around every other week, it seems. That could be why you lost half a pound in a day, although nutrition is way too complicated, as I've been reading that some vegetables in exotic places trigger a trim figure for everyone on the islands. Yesterday, I finally changed over from putting a tablespoon of sugar in a huge coffee cup with cream to using stevia in small packets that can sweeten coffee and have no calories to speak of. It's not bad and has no known bad effects on health.

Last edited:
Extremely cold weather causes the body to burn more calories than comfortable spring or fall temperatures, and there's been a cold front going around every other week, it seems. That could be why you lost half a pound in a day, although nutrition is way too complicated, as I've been reading that some vegetables in exotic places trigger a trim figure for everyone on the islands. Yesterday, I finally changed over from putting a tablespoon of sugar in a huge coffee cup with cream to using stevia in small packets that can sweeten coffee and have no calories to speak of. It's not bad and has no known bad effects on health.
I've been using Stevia or more precisely Stevia/erythritol blends for some time now as I am avoiding refined sugar as much as reasonable. I use the blend because I do have a sweet tooth and can't afford much pure Stevia. Unlike other non-sugar sweeteners, it does not create cravings for more sweets and, like you said, no known unwanted or negative side effects have been noted. Well, excessive erythritol can cause some flatulence, but few people use it in amounts to cause that.

I hadn't thought about it but I recently learned that those of us who could benefit by dropping a few pounds should drink ice water when they drink water. And we all should stay properly hydrated for maximum health benefits. It seems the body burns more calories warming up that ice water for the body to use and over a period of weeks or months those calories can be significant.

I bought a bottle of apple juice on a what I thought was a random spur of the moment impulse grab and under the lid was a fun fact. Nobody in the world except me could have known what was printed under that lid. Ten minutes later I was in a high foot traffic area public place and a group of sports players wearing their uniform shirts (not their equipment) showed up in the same waiting area. On their team shirts was the name of their team which was also the bold word printed under the lid of my apple juice. I had a word with them and learned they were on their way to play their championship game. Holy hell. Coincidence, synchronicity, completely unplanned and random. I went out of my way to escape the invisible powers that be and found myself crossing paths with fate yet again.

Sounds like a Christmas anybody would wish for and/or enjoy. ((hugs))

Sadly, there was a shooting and murder of a police officer on Christmas Day, in a town just 20 miles from here. Shootings of police in Canada are a very rare event, and getting a "shelter in place" warning has never happened to me before.

The officer killed had just become a full fledged police officer the day before. He was helping a motorist in the ditch. But the car was reported stolen, and the driver panicked.

It is both pointless and dangerous to be weighing yourself more than once a week. I say this as someone who was borderline anorexic for years, until I recognized how dangerous this behaviour truly can be. Your weight varies throughout the day.

I threw out my scales 10 years ago, after obsessing all of my life about my weight. Since then, I've focused on healthy eating and getting lots of exercise outdoors, walking and biking everywhere, weather permitting..

Sadly, there was a shooting and murder of a police officer on Christmas Day, in a town just 20 miles from here. Shootings of police in Canada are a very rare event, and getting a "shelter in place" warning has never happened to me before.

The officer killed had just become a full fledged police officer the day before. He was helping a motorist in the ditch. But the car was reported stolen, and the driver panicked.

It is both pointless and dangerous to be weighing yourself more than once a week. I say this as someone who was borderline anorexic for years, until I recognized how dangerous this behaviour truly can be. Your weight varies throughout the day.

I threw out my scales 10 years ago, after obsessing all of my life about my weight. Since then, I've focused on healthy eating and getting lots of exercise outdoors, walking and biking everywhere, weather permitting..
Weighing myself at least twice a day has shown me the highs and lows of my daily eating habits and I am able to control my health to a better precision, but its not necessary like you say, if you dont have addictive consumption troubles.

Forum List

Back