Unpopular Opinion: Conservative Businesses Should Fire Woke Employees

So Joe should have every supervisor in all of the Fedeal Departments ask every employee about their politics and fire any who are not liberal?

Yeah, that's probably a dumb an idea as I've ever heard except for the one listed in the OP.

You started this war. DId you think that we would never fight back?
Nobody is in danger of you firing them pee wee

Aw, how cute. The liberal pretended to be retarded so that he could make a personal attack.

Here the deal, candy. Yes, my career currently is not doing that well. AND, you are a fucking retard.

I would rather has a stalled career, than be a retard like you.

My career could improve. You will always be retarded.
Perhaps the reason for your career stagnation is your inability to use "has" verses "have". Just throwing that out there pee wee.

Nope. And you are still retarded.
You shouldn't begin a sentence with the word "and". I think your illiteracy is holding you back. Your attitude is like your mouth...both suck.

Yet you are the one that had to pretend to be too stupid too understand my post before you dared even try to challenge it.

My point stands, retard.

You started this war. DId you think that we would never fight back?

The "war"? Yeah buddy....as you post on a message board and confuse yourself for some sort of "warrior". Please post some more about this "war" and make us laugh again.

Your diminishing place in the world and downward spiral into vocational (and likely financial) oblivion is nobody's fault but your own.

And again, you pretend to be too retarded to know that I am speaking of the sides involved, not me and you personally.

You might be a stupid person. BUt you are not as grotesquely retarded as you are pretending to be.

What this is, is you know my point is valid, but you are too cowardly to admit it, so you talk shit.

You're moving the goalposts. You said that you thought you should have a right to fire an employee, just for being a Mormon. Nothing about dragging his religion into the workplace and bothering others with it.

Should an employer, then, equally have the right to fire someone just for being an atheist? Since you did not include bothering others with his faith in your claimed right to fire a Mormon, it's irrelevant bullshit to bring up similar behavior on the part of an atheist.

I could explain it to you again, and you STILL wouldn't understand it. Actually, the main reason I wouldn't hire a Mormon is that most of you are deluded cultists who lack critical thinking skills. Seriously, you guys believe some really crazy, completely illogical shit. And no, it's not on the same level of let's say Catholics. You ask an average Catholic if he really believes in Papal Infallibility or Transubstantiation, they'll kind of snicker.

All that said, I think that there should be very strong worker's rights in this country, and no, a boss shouldn't be able to fire you on a whim.

That you think that sex is all that marriage is about, all that normal healthy relationships between men and women are about, is a large part of what makes you an incel. Of course, you being a pathetic loser in your late fifties, who has never been married, I wouldn't expect you to understand. Nor for that matter, would I expect you to get the irony of your bizarre fantasies about my sex life as you imagine it; while falsely projecting that behavior on me, when you don't even have a sex life about which I could be fantasizing if I were so inclined.

Actually, guy, people actually have sex without getting married, that's the point. Frankly, I told you exactly why I didn't get married when I was younger. When I was younger, I was in the military and marriage and the military just don't mix.

But, um, yeah, your in your fifties and the best thing you have to do is to follow me around wanking off to whether or not I'm having sex... that's kind of weird. But again- Mormon. You guys are all fucking weird.

I doubt if anyone is surprised at your admission that you are such a liar and a coward, that you would not have the honesty to even tell the employee you were firing what problem you think you had with him.

I've only had to fire two people in my life. One of them was a retard my boss hired because he only had to pay him slightly above minimum wage. Except he had no attention span and needed constant supervision (He was suffering some kind of high functioning Down Syndrome, I think). We only fired him after months of trying to get him to work properly. The other was a gal who was stealing food out of the fridge.

But, um, yeah... If I had a Mormon Cultist working for me... that would be different...

Unless that person really, really needs to be fired. Then it can just as easily be a morale booster...

Really? Then the question was, why did you hire them to start with?

There's an old saying "The Fish Rots from the Head". I see bad employees, or a bad work environment, I don't look at the guy on the line, I look at the guy in the corner office.

A lot of my work and emotion went into this nanoessay. Plz. comment -- love or h8.
As a Conservative myself, I am a huge supporter of the Constitution which guarantees freedom of expression for all.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Everyone is absolutely free to express their opinion in public, including public sidewalks and public schools, as long as it does not endanger others (yelling "fire in a crowded theater), or significantly disruptive to the educational environment (wearing an N-word T-shirt, perhaps), respectively.

Private businesses are a different story. One can express themselves freely in private businesses without fear of arrest, until they are asked to leave the private property, at which point one becomes a trespasser if they refuse to leave. And in most states, an employer can fire an employee for any reason, including no reason at all.

We (Conservatives) should not stoop to the low level of Progressive censors. We should encourage free speech, and we should politely and civilly debate it with well-reasoned intelligent arguments. It is what America is about. The First Amendment is intended to protect controversial and even offensive speech. There is no need to protect speech that propels the official narrative of the government leaders in charge.

"After they take the First Amendment, they will come for the rest of them, and we won't be able to say anything about it."

Censoring/cancelling freedom of expression is one of the most anti-American things any American citizen can possibly do, IMO.
Hopefully, Coyote , Dont Taz Me Bro , Kat , Meister , MeBelle , WillHaftawaite , WinterBorn , and other Mods agree. Most of them seem to do a good job.

I have countless Liberal friends. I totally disagree with most of their politics. They tend to be very intelligent, sometimes misinformed, but mainly they have a differing viewpoint that I can personally learn something from, even if when they don't persuade me at all. You can't learn anything from anyone who completely agrees with you.

It's probably why we are all here at USMB. We want to hear a variety of viewpoints. Your post is a great example of that.

Good job.

Best regards,
Jim

download-5.jpg

censorship02.jpg

Thank you! A thought out response.

I do not agree 100%, but each one is entitled to their views.

I respect all opinions except those who want to silence me -- as many Progressives do.

Okay, that's actually a valid point. Frankly, the only person I've ever seen who was loud about his political opinions at work was a Trump supporter... But that's not what you claimed you were doing. You claimed you fired at least four people this year for airing political greivances.

Yes, and they were on both sides of the political spectrum.

My rules are clear. I don't give a flying fuck if you're a liberal or a conservative. I'm not paying you to whine about politics...

Again, guy, I probably wouldn't, because honestly, you sound like the kind of micromanager who makes everyone around him kind of miserable.

No, I'm the kind of manager who makes sure you know who's running the show. You seem to think that's a bad thing...

Frankly, I wonder where these "good hiring managers" are. What I've found is that hiring is pretty hit and miss. You pick out the 10 resumes that are best written out of something like 400 you received... and then you make a decision to hire someone based on a couple of hour interviews.

A good hiring manager doesn't need to spend hours interviewing someone...

Okay, frankly, I can only judge you by what you write here... and what you write here is you come off like a typical Trump supporter, and an awful human being... but I repeat myself.

And therein lies your defeat. You can't counter anything I say (because I'm successful at what I do) so you decide to throw "Trump" into the mix as a bad thing.

What a stupidly retarded thing for you to do. You're now hereby relegated to the land of misfit toys, jerkoff...

No, I'm the kind of manager who makes sure you know who's running the show. You seem to think that's a bad thing...

yes, actually, that is. No one wants to work for a micromanager and frankly micromanagers tend to be poor managers.

Good leaders are actually delegators. Micromanagers are usually pretty insecure.

A good hiring manager doesn't need to spend hours interviewing someone...

Yup, that's the kind of arrogance that causes bad hires. You see, my personal opinion, there are very few bad employees. Most people really want to do a good job. There are just bad hires and bad managers.

And therein lies your defeat. You can't counter anything I say (because I'm successful at what I do) so you decide to throw "Trump" into the mix as a bad thing.

Hey, guy, anyone can be "successful" on the internet. That doesn't impress me.

Frankly, it goes down to that whole insecurity thing I was talking about earlier.

That's between you and the insurance company not you and your employer.

I agree... But the funny thing happened at this company. When people started running up insurance bills, they amazingly were downsized despite performance or seniority.

A lawyer told me I had a great case for medical and age discrimination... if I wanted to spend the next few years in court.

People should be hired because they are the best candidate regardless of race and/or gender. It is as simple as that. This ideal can’t be legislated without violating the very premise that is being promoted in the first place.

The problem is, that isn't always the case. Again, I go back to my example of the guy who got hired because he was the boss's drinking buddy. To make room for him, they had to fire one person from purchasing team. Of course, the guy didn't know what he was doing, so the remaining members of the Purchasing Team just got saddled with more work.

Now, to be fair, as a professional Resume writer, I'm at least part of the problem, as hiring often happens not because you are the most qualified, but because you had the sense to hire a really good resume writer who knows all the tricks to get your resume past the applicant tracking software. You then have interview committees (no one hires by one person making the decision anymore). But it often has a lot more factors than "who is the most qualified". More likely to be "who can bullshit his way through an interview" best.

The analogy I like to use is that you would never marry someone after two dates, but we hire people/take jobs after two interviews. It's kind of crazy.

So having some legal protections like diversity in there to protect people from the biases of interviewers... kind of makes sense.
bullshit. your employer doesn't pay any extra if an employee used their insurance.

hiring quotas never make sense.

bullshit. your employer doesn't pay any extra if an employee used their insurance.

Yeah, well, facts say otherwise.

Tony Dewitt was not going to win his battle with prostate cancer. He knew it. His wife, Phillis, knew it. The people at the hospital where she worked knew it.
But still, Phillis was taken aback when her supervisor asked whether Tony planned to seek hospice care.
"He's not ready to give up," Dewitt said she responded.
When her boss raised the subject again a few months later, Dewitt realized executives were monitoring Tony's soaring medical bills. "He still wants to fight," she explained, feeling defensive.
Months later, Proctor Hospital suddenly fired Dewitt over an allegation of insubordination. Dewitt, whose employment record was spotless, has another explanation: "They got rid of me because of his medical expenses."
Now the former nurse manager is locked in a high-profile legal battle with the Peoria hospital, which vigorously disputes her charge. A trial is set for this year after the 7th Circuit of the U.S. Court of Appeals in Chicago reversed a lower court's decision to dismiss the case.
Tony Dewitt died in August 2006, feeling betrayed by an institution he depended on for scans and emergency medical services.

Yeah, well, facts say otherwise.

Tony Dewitt was not going to win his battle with prostate cancer. He knew it. His wife, Phillis, knew it. The people at the hospital where she worked knew it.
But still, Phillis was taken aback when her supervisor asked whether Tony planned to seek hospice care.
"He's not ready to give up," Dewitt said she responded.
When her boss raised the subject again a few months later, Dewitt realized executives were monitoring Tony's soaring medical bills. "He still wants to fight," she explained, feeling defensive.
Months later, Proctor Hospital suddenly fired Dewitt over an allegation of insubordination. Dewitt, whose employment record was spotless, has another explanation: "They got rid of me because of his medical expenses."
Now the former nurse manager is locked in a high-profile legal battle with the Peoria hospital, which vigorously disputes her charge. A trial is set for this year after the 7th Circuit of the U.S. Court of Appeals in Chicago reversed a lower court's decision to dismiss the case.
Tony Dewitt died in August 2006, feeling betrayed by an institution he depended on for scans and emergency medical services.
so you got one?

And what was his insurance company?

And was the guy with terminal cancer showing up for work every day?

The guy was terminal with no chance of beating his cancer. How much money should be thrown at his medical treatment that is guaranteed to be useless?

So having some legal protections like diversity in there to protect people from the biases of interviewers... kind of makes sense.

No, it doesn’t make sense. The legal protections you refer to discriminate against people based solely on race and gender. That is wrong, which is kind of the point.

Biases will ALWAYS exist, but they aren’t necessarily due to race. Many factors other than race and gender can distinguish one candidate from another. To make the assumption that someone is hired or not hired due to their race or gender is just that...an assumption.

Okay. So what's your point? I mean, besides your story of how awesome you supposedly are getting to head possum catcher, the protection of workers should be the first priority

There are many labor laws in the US that protect workers, including age restrictions. Unions absolutely destroy companies in the long run. For being a “progressive” you sure are gung ho about going back to the antiquated idea of unions.

Except no one ever said to do that in the workplaces. I don't think I've worked anywhere, other than the Army, where the diversity reflected what the country looks like.

You are right, they don’t. They don’t care about many races. Only African Americans seem to be accounted for by these social justice type laws. Government jobs are notorious for this.

Naw, guy, you see, if I fired a Mormon, he'd never know what hit him. He'd never know I think he belongs to a bizarre cult.... Instead, I just start building up a paper file on him, making a record of every time a co-worker complained about him... that's what I'd do.

I doubt if anyone is surprised at your admission that you are such a liar and a coward, that you would not have the honesty to even tell the employee you were firing what problem you think you had with him.

It speaks directly to your professional ethics, and your personal moral character.

If you'll play dishonest games like that, to screw over your own employee just because you don't like his religious beliefs, then how are you dealing with your other employees? How are you dealing with your clients and customers?

If that's how you treat one employee, then why should anyone expect, if they are stupid enough to do business with you, or otherwise to associate with you, that you won't treat them in a similarly dishonest and unethical manner?

Naw, guy, you see, if I fired a Mormon, he'd never know what hit him. He'd never know I think he belongs to a bizarre cult.... Instead, I just start building up a paper file on him, making a record of every time a co-worker complained about him... that's what I'd do.

If someone were to hire you to perform a task, and you were to learn that this client was a Mormon, what would you do? If doing business with a Mormon is so hateful to you, the honest thing to do would be to simply state “I don't do business with Mormons.”, and turn him away.

It seems to me, based on remarks that you have made here and elsewhere—which show the nature of your professional ethics (or lack thereof) and your moral character (or lack thereof)—that the most likely thing that you would do would be to accept the job, and then perform as many subtle acts of malfeasance as you thought you could get away with; taking the client's money, but leaving him with a badly-done job, in ways that you'd hope he wouldn't notice right away, but which would later cause him considerable trouble.

I think most traditional liberals and conservatives find the idea ridiculous and counter productive to both business as well as politics. That's not to say a business owner can't fire some jack ass cupcake who freaks out at somebody wearing a Maga hat, or a wacko who starts berating some minority on the clock.

yes, actually, that is. No one wants to work for a micromanager and frankly micromanagers tend to be poor managers.

I'm hardly a micromanager, but my employees like knowing that I take an interest in their well-being. The last thing I want to deal with is someone whose work is suffering because of a problem he's having outside the workplace. If I can help him, like I did with the guy for whom we created an award, I want to.

I notice you didn't comment on that and, instead, continue to search for the negative in everything.

See, THAT'S what makes a bad manager: someone who ignores the good and focuses on the bad...

Yup, that's the kind of arrogance that causes bad hires. You see, my personal opinion, there are very few bad employees. Most people really want to do a good job. There are just bad hires and bad managers.

I've been in business over 15 years and currently employee 154 people. In that time, and out of that many employees, I've had six employees who were fired.

That's not a bad record at all...

Hey, guy, anyone can be "successful" on the internet. That doesn't impress me.

Says the moron who said "Well, you can believe that, but I've got the rewards and recognitions that say otherwise." in post #160...

Frankly, it goes down to that whole insecurity thing I was talking about earlier.

I'm sure you know all about being insecure, which is why you feel the unwavering need to keep running your mouth about a business you know nothing about.

You're moving the goalposts. You said that you thought you should have a right to fire an employee, just for being a Mormon. Nothing about dragging his religion into the workplace and bothering others with it.

Should an employer, then, equally have the right to fire someone just for being an atheist? Since you did not include bothering others with his faith in your claimed right to fire a Mormon, it's irrelevant bullshit to bring up similar behavior on the part of an atheist.

I could explain it to you again, and you STILL wouldn't understand it. Actually, the main reason I wouldn't hire a Mormon is that most of you are deluded cultists who lack critical thinking skills. Seriously, you guys believe some really crazy, completely illogical shit. And no, it's not on the same level of let's say Catholics. You ask an average Catholic if he really believes in Papal Infallibility or Transubstantiation, they'll kind of snicker.

All that said, I think that there should be very strong worker's rights in this country, and no, a boss shouldn't be able to fire you on a whim.

That you think that sex is all that marriage is about, all that normal healthy relationships between men and women are about, is a large part of what makes you an incel. Of course, you being a pathetic loser in your late fifties, who has never been married, I wouldn't expect you to understand. Nor for that matter, would I expect you to get the irony of your bizarre fantasies about my sex life as you imagine it; while falsely projecting that behavior on me, when you don't even have a sex life about which I could be fantasizing if I were so inclined.

Actually, guy, people actually have sex without getting married, that's the point. Frankly, I told you exactly why I didn't get married when I was younger. When I was younger, I was in the military and marriage and the military just don't mix.

But, um, yeah, your in your fifties and the best thing you have to do is to follow me around wanking off to whether or not I'm having sex... that's kind of weird. But again- Mormon. You guys are all fucking weird.

I've only had to fire two people in my life. One of them was a retard my boss hired because he only had to pay him slightly above minimum wage. Except he had no attention span and needed constant supervision (He was suffering some kind of high functioning Down Syndrome, I think). We only fired him after months of trying to get him to work properly. The other was a gal who was stealing food out of the fridge.

But, um, yeah... If I had a Mormon Cultist working for me... that would be different...

Since you aren't allowed to ask a person about his religious beliefs in an interview, you wouldn't know if you were hiring a Mormon.

so you got one?

And what was his insurance company?

And was the guy with terminal cancer showing up for work every day?

The guy was terminal with no chance of beating his cancer. How much money should be thrown at his medical treatment that is guaranteed to be useless?

Actually, it was his wife who had the policy and she was showing up to work every day.

The point is, if you are going to make medical insurance a perk of employment, then you actually provide the service. For every terminal guy who maybe wants to live a few more weeks with a treatment, there's hundreds of people who pay into the insurance and never make a claim. Myself... I've paid into private insurance or my employer has for the last 29 years since I left the service. The only year I made any substantial claims was 2007, and the company couldn't wait to get rid of me.

But simple enough solution. Get the employers out of it. Single Payer, government funded health care like every other industrialized nation does it.

I'm hardly a micromanager, but my employees like knowing that I take an interest in their well-being.

Sticking your nose in their personal lives and firing them for expressing opinions you don't like is micromanaging.

I notice you didn't comment on that and, instead, continue to search for the negative in everything.

Maybe because $3500 doesn't impress me at this point in my life. It's not like you can actually buy a car for that amount.

See, THAT'S what makes a bad manager: someone who ignores the good and focuses on the bad...

But yet your first wallop out of the bat here was complaining about "bad" employees who had it coming.

I've been in business over 15 years and currently employee 154 people. In that time, and out of that many employees, I've had six employees who were fired.

If you say so.

I'm sure you know all about being insecure, which is why you feel the unwavering need to keep running your mouth about a business you know nothing about.

Again, I can only judge what you say here... and it doesn't look good.

Forum List

Back