Unintended Consequences of Banning Abortion

For the neo-fascist, authoritarian right ‘banning’ abortion wasn’t about ‘saving babies’ – it was about more government, bigger government at the expense of individual liberty.

‘Banning’ abortion is bad public policy and reckless, irresponsible, incompetent governance.
You're one of the lucky one. You aren't 1 of the millions that get aborted yearly.

There are a number of unintended consequences of overturning Roe v Wade
  • Requests for vasectomies and tubal ligation have increased significantly in the Abortion Banned states, as much as 900% in some areas.
  • The morning after pill is running in short supply as women in banned states are buying up local supplies
  • The FDA made shipment of abortions pills through the mail legal opening the way for mail order buying.
  • Producers of the abortion pills are increasing inventories preparing for increased demand.
  • 6 states have started funds to help the poor travel to states that offer abortion services
  • Planned Parenthood now has a 300 million dollar fund to assist low income women get abortions
  • Over 30 major corporations including Amazon, Starbucks, and Microsoft have announced they will pay for travel for employees and families to get an abortion.
  • Doctors in the banned states report large numbers of requests for birth control pills, and other types of contraception.
  • Interviews with women in banned states indicate women will begin paying more attentions to contraception and use the day after pill.
It is looking more like the the hundreds of thousands of unwanted babies birthed by women under threat of arrest will be far less than the right anticipated due to more attention to contraception, the day after pill, use of abortion pills, increased sterilization, and travel assistance to abortion clinics from a number of sources.
Problem is USSC Justice Thomas want to go after Birth Control, so if the USSC is allow you overturn that ruling you can see a lot of women suffering from Draconian Rules…

I am in favor of limiting abortion to fifteen weeks but I am not in favor of banning birth control or the day after pill…

America is a friendly country as far as wanting young women to have kids. There is a lot of resistance to paid maternity leave and other such helpful programs. So more young women decide not to have kids. Then the ones against those programs wonder why less kids are being born. It's comical really.

Nothing to do with it really. The CDC estimates that to have a middle-class child today and raise him or her to the age of 18 costs $233,000. If you want the standard 2 child family, you better be ready to part with a half-million bucks in the next 20 years or so.

It surprises me that in discussing “longtime consequences of banning abortion” — and much existing birth control that stops already fertilized eggs from implanting — nobody has yet mentioned the unexpected 40% drop in serious crime and murders that occurred in the United States after 1991.

This was the largest U.S. crime drop since the end of Prohibition in 1933. It has been reasonably attributed at least in large part to fewer deeply “unwanted” children being born and growing to become young adult criminals. There is some academic debate about this thesis, of course, but it is based on much more than an intuitively sensible hunch.

Of course other factors undoubtedly play a role in rising and falling crime waves as well. The links below provide a short defense of the “Donahue and Levitt Hypothesis,” the original study itself, and a Wiki article with many more citations.

I hope this constitutes “unexpected” nitty gritty “food for thought” to those anxious to attack desperate women’s “last choice” options. I am speaking of those anxious to use STATE power to FORCE women to have babies they don’t want — as is the norm in much of poor, high violent crime areas of Catholic Latin America to this day.

http://pricetheory.uchicago.edu/levitt/Papers/DonohueLevittTheImpatOfLegalized2001.pdf

Last edited:
When the Red states are bankrupt what will happen then...

How will ye try to blame that on Demorats too..

Bankrupt from what? Most all of industry will move to our side after you tax them to death like you want to do with our current country. That means jobs for everybody. On our side much less crime since anybody that wants to be armed will be, and on our side, it won't take 15 years to get through all the appeals for the death penalty. Think of the money we will save in our prison system.

On your side you will have all those uneducated immigrants to deal with. Since leftists love government dependents, how are you going to support all those who don't want to work? Government healthcare will bankrupt your country alone. How many hundreds of miles of land are you going to need for all those windmills and solar panels since all you'd be using is electricity for cars? On our side we will continue using fossil fuels which is much cheaper and more reliable.

If we did divide, it's your side that will be in serious trouble. Our side will be a great country to live in as long as we can keep you people out.

It surprises me that nobody has yet mentioned as a significant “longtime consequence of banning abortion” — and much existing birth control that stops already fertilized eggs from implanting — the documented steep 40% drop in serious crime and murders that occurred the United States after 1991.

This was the largest U.S. crime drop since the end of Prohibition in 1933, which has been reasonably attributed at least in large part to fewer deeply “unwanted” children being born and growing to become young adult criminals. There is some academic debate about this thesis, of course, but it is based on much more than an intuitively sensible hunch.

Of course other factors undoubtedly play a role in rising and falling crime waves as well. The links below provide a later defense of the “Donahue and Levitt” theory, the original thesis itself, and a Wiki article with many more citations.

I hope this constitutes “unexpected” nitty gritty “food for thought” to those anxious to attack desperate women’s “last choice” options. I am speaking of those anxious to use STATE power to FORCE women to have babies they don’t want — as is the norm in much of poor, high violent crime areas of Catholic Latin America to this day.

http://pricetheory.uchicago.edu/levitt/Papers/DonohueLevittTheImpatOfLegalized2001.pdf

And since 1991 more and more states not only started adopting a CCW program, but also wrote laws protecting the innocent instead of the criminals. California created their three strikes law in 1994 and started to put career troublemakers away for life. Also in 1994. Mayor Rudy took charge of NYC and drastically decreased crime throughout his term.

It had nothing to do with abortions. Roe was decided in 1973 and abortions shot up until the recession of 1981.

And since 1991 more and more states not only started adopting a CCW program, but also wrote laws protecting the innocent instead of the criminals. California created their three strikes law in 1994 and started to put career troublemakers away for life. Also in 1994. Mayor Rudy took charge of NYC and drastically decreased crime throughout his term.

It had nothing to do with abortions. Roe was decided in 1973 and abortions shot up until the recession of 1981.
You should actually read the studies and debates about this correlation. It was established by comparing states and certainly not just NYC. The national decline began before “Mayor Rudy” and effected states regardless of their laws. Violence only declined previously this dramatically when prohibition laws were removed or revised.

Anybody interested can understand this correspondence by studying prostitution, drunkenness and family violence before birth control was legalized (when many poor ethnic women regularly had more than a dozen pregnancies and very short miserable lives). In South America police often have much more draconian law and order policing than in the U.S., but violent crime is endemic.

None of this is an argument against good effective policing or for or against concealed carry weapons laws. But children unwanted by their mothers (and fathers), often growing up miserable and poor, are statistically more likely to become juvenile delinquents and hardened criminals. Would you deny that?

Last edited:
* Progressives won't go extinct as fast
* Girls might close their legs a little tighter
* Insane proggy women will have to erase social media accounts after posting deranged rants
* Progbot males walking on egg shells so their emotionally unstable better half doesn't go postal
* Trojan condom stockholders making a fortune
* Some very large & angry hippos have learned to scream & twerk about murdering babies

View attachment 665420
That sounds like the rational used by the state legislatures made up of 80% men that banned abortion. It will be interesting to see what the women voters in these states have to say. They don't all stay pregnant, barefooted, and in the kitchen, obeying the master of the house.

Proof people were using abortion as birth control.

Proof that PP has never needed Federal money.

Cheaper than paying maternity leave.

More proof people were using abortion as birth control.

More proof people were using abortion as birth control.
Proof requires evidence not just coincidences and correlations.

You'll never be able to wipe out liberalism. God didn't bless people with an equal amount of logic, and logic can't really be taught in schools.

The only way we would never have to deal with liberalism again is if we agreed to divide this country into two countries instead: one side for them and the other side for us. Then erect a huge Trump wall so they can't sneak into our country like they are sneaking into our states today.
There will always be liberals as long as there are conservatives and conservatives as long as there are liberals. As in science, in politics for ever action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Thus by the nature of our pollical system neither side will ever permanently control government simply because the American people can only stand so much bullshit and then they seek a change.

I've double checked his research for a couple of years and never found any errors or BS. The question I pose is are all these unintended consequences a bad thing? Looks to me like most of them are pretty good. It looks to me that people are taking precautions much more seriously than before Roe was overturned. Isn't that what we on the right have been wanting all along?
More people sterilized particularly in red states is ok with me.
I'm all far more birth control and the morning after pill.
As well as abortion pills because like most on the left, we hate abortions. We just realize they are need. The fact that so many large companies, organizations, and states are stepping forward means that they believe some things in society that we hate are needed, for example abortions, wars, and capital punishment. Only the most naïve believe that all we hate is not needed.

More people sterilized particularly in red states is ok with me.
I'm all far more birth control and the morning after pill.
As well as abortion pills because like most on the left, we hate abortions. We just realize they are need. The fact that so many large companies, organizations, and states are stepping forward means that they believe some things in society that we hate are needed, for example abortions, wars, and capital punishment. Only the most naïve believe that all we hate is not needed.

As other people here have already pointed out, it's a business investment to fund employees getting abortions. As far as red states go, we already get ourselves fixed when we reach the most kids that we want to have. It's the blue city welfare people who are going to reduce their pregnancies.

But all and all, there are a lot of early positive results stemming from the overturning of Roe.

You're one of the lucky ones, you aren't 1 of the millions that are aborted yearly.
I'm lucky enough to believe in facts, about 900,000 abortions. Only 640,000 according to the CDC but that is under reported. However, your claims will have a better chance of being believed in the future because the abortion pill is going become available to every woman who wants one. Then it will be impossible to gathering accurate figures. However, it will be worth it to finally put abortion in the hands of women in their homes.

Forum List

Back