- Mar 23, 2010
- Reaction score
There are a number of unintended consequences of overturning Roe v Wade
- Requests for vasectomies and tubal ligation have increased significantly in the Abortion Banned states, as much as 900% in some areas.
- The morning after pill is running in short supply as women in banned states are buying up local supplies
- The FDA made shipment of abortions pills through the mail legal opening the way for mail order buying.
- Producers of the abortion pills are increasing inventories preparing for increased demand.
- 6 states have started funds to help the poor travel to states that offer abortion services
- Planned Parenthood now has a 300 million dollar fund to assist low income women get abortions
- Over 30 major corporations including Amazon, Starbucks, and Microsoft have announced they will pay for travel for employees and families to get an abortion.
- Doctors in the banned states report large numbers of requests for birth control pills, and other types of contraception.
- Interviews with women in banned states indicate women will begin paying more attentions to contraception and use the day after pill.