Trump vs the 14th Amendment

If it was not the intent, then why did the amendment specifically state ALL PERSONS born on our soil and under the jurisdiction of the State??

And why was it Ratified by all?

You could not be any clearer than ALL PERSONS??
The 14th Amendment birthright citizenship was meant to protect the freed slaves.
It was NEVER meant for the offspring of illegal aliens.
It's being abused.
It's an illegal immigration magnet.

Thank You President Trump!
there were no illegal aliens when these laws and the 14th were written....

anyone could come here, set up roots.... we had 100,000 Chinese immigrants here when Ark was born... they did not come here on legal Visas....
yes, this is 2019, and now we have immigration laws just like all of the other 195 countries on our planet
If all persons born here, are not citizens, then all of the immigrant white people's children, would not be citizens as well.

there is no way that those who wrote the amendment would want this to be the case.

It has to include all persons, for the immigrant children of whites born on our soil, to be citizens.

The 14th Amendment birthright citizenship was meant to protect the freed slaves.
It's being abused.

And the children of all immigrants not citizens....
Including white immigrant children, born on our soil...

equal protection for the children of all non-citizen immigrants under our jurisdiction

Or at least the clearly WRONG liberal interpretation of the 14th.

Sometimes I think Trump is America's modern day Josiah (look it up libs) -- our last hope.

Trump says administration looking 'seriously' at ending birthright citizenship

Our last hope for Red Flag Laws, you mean?

Our last hope for speech restrictions?

Our last hope for economy-destroying tariffs?

Our last hope to fail to stop the torrent of regulations passing daily?

Oh, no, you meant our last hope to infringe on people's right to travel from place to place, yeah, the Government continues to work on that. He regularly infringes on our rights just like everyone else in Government.

Then again, the Constitution was never legitimate in the first place, those rights are inherent to ourselves, so there are many others they continue to infringe upon. You put far too much faith in a man that has already proven himself not to work in your interests, and if he did, he wouldn't be there.
I know you're an anarchist, but I'd hoped you havent gone this far.

It sounds like you dont believe nations have a right to borders

Oh, no, you meant our last hope to infringe on people's right to travel from place to place

This is exactly why I reject most of libertarianism and anarchy.

In all political matters and the ideal structure of this nation, I always defer to the wisdom of the Founders.

No, foreigners do not have the "right" to freely move into my country any more than some guy from Central America has the right to to walk into your home.

My hope is that Trump will focus attention on this issue until this this nonsense ends.
if these so-called christian conservatives read their own book.
C1ittlMXAAAkDKv.jpg

Leviticus 19:33-34
Why do so may leftist PRETEND to not grasp the difference between LEGAL IMMIGRANTS and ILLEGAL ALIENS?

Never mind, the question was rhetorical.

And WHY do leftist try to argue American law from the Old Testament?
wkzq1e2umew11.jpg
It's scary that you think you made a brilliant point

Oh, no, you meant our last hope to infringe on people's right to travel from place to place, yeah, the Government continues to work on that. He regularly infringes on our rights just like everyone else in Government.

Then again, the Constitution was never legitimate in the first place, those rights are inherent to ourselves, so there are many others they continue to infringe upon. You put far too much faith in a man that has already proven himself not to work in your interests, and if he did, he wouldn't be there.

Oh, no, you meant our last hope to infringe on people's right to travel from place to place

In all political matters and the ideal structure of this nation, I always defer to the wisdom of the Founders.

No, foreigners do not have the "right" to freely move into my country any more than some guy from Central America has the right to to walk into your home.

My hope is that Trump will focus attention on this issue until this this nonsense ends.
C1ittlMXAAAkDKv.jpg

Why do so may leftist PRETEND to not grasp the difference between LEGAL IMMIGRANTS and ILLEGAL ALIENS?

wkzq1e2umew11.jpg

So you saying you want the USA to take over the world like Hitler tried to do?

Stupid fucking Nazi ANIFTA fag
Russia will stop the American Nazis, just like it did the European Nazis. You Nazis never learn. You claim to care about the US constitution. You complain about it in the 14th amendment.

It's being abused.

anyone could come here, set up roots.... we had 100,000 Chinese immigrants here when Ark was born... they did not come here on legal Visas....
yes, this is 2019, and now we have immigration laws just like all of the other 195 countries on our planet
If all persons born here, are not citizens, then all of the immigrant white people's children, would not be citizens as well.

there is no way that those who wrote the amendment would want this to be the case.

It has to include all persons, for the immigrant children of whites born on our soil, to be citizens.

It's being abused.

equal protection for the children of all non-citizen immigrants under our jurisdiction
Learn the difference between IMMIGRANTS and ILLEGAL ALIENS

It's being abused.

Learn the difference between IMMIGRANTS and ILLEGAL ALIENS
car4 thinks that it's still 1850

C1ittlMXAAAkDKv.jpg

wkzq1e2umew11.jpg

Russia will stop the American Nazis, just like it did the European Nazis. You Nazis never learn. You claim to care about the US constitution. You complain about it in the 14th amendment.
F-off commie

Sometimes I think Trump is America's modern day Josiah (look it up libs) -- our last hope.

He can look at it all he wants. It's great reading. I hope he is able to comprehend it.

But that's all he can do. Look at it.

The only way to repeal or change it is with another amendment.

Good luck with that.

If you remember last year, he did the same thing just before the election. He knows he can't do anything to change that amendment. It's in stone.

All he's doing is throwing raw meat at you and the rest of his base. He can't nor will he ever do anything beyond talk about it and you will lap it up like mother's milk.

If you think he can and will change that amendment then you seriously need to read our constitution and understand what it says.

You people are just so embarrassing. It's shameful that we have such stupid and gullible people like you in our nation.

Thank God, it’s destroying our nation.
It was clearly not the intent when it was ratified. Liberals are using our own Constitution to destroy us.
If it was not the intent, then why did the amendment specifically state ALL PERSONS born on our soil and under the jurisdiction of the State??

And why was it Ratified by all?

You could not be any clearer than ALL PERSONS??
Foreigners are not under the Jurisdiction of our state except as criminals.As already posted in another thread the writer of the amendment was clear it did NOT apply to foreign Nationals and was intended solely to address the freed slaves status
That's not true.... everyone living on our soil but foreign diplomats with diplomat immunity, are under our jurisdiction.... this has been argued before the SC a few times, and is settled.
Name the cases the particulars and the ruling......

Trump can't end it himself, it has to be done by Congress and the states. They are the only ones who can enact or delete a Constitutional amendment.
Nothing about "ending" it. Just needs to be properly intrepreted.

Time to admit you're dead, Ruthie

While my first name does start with an "r", that ain't it, nor am I dead.

As far as Trump not wanting it ended? Did you even bother to read the link? I'm guessing not, because you missed this part of it....................

The president proposed ending the practice that grants citizenship to those born in the United States during his 2016 presidential campaign. He revived the idea last year, saying he would sign an executive order to enact the change.

Numerous lawmakers, including several Republicans, quickly pushed back on the idea and argued Trump lacked the authority to make such a change using an executive order. They cited that birthright citizenship is a right enshrined under the 14th Amendment.

Trump responded to the criticism by saying birthright citizenship would be ended "one way or another."

Trump himself said that he was looking to end birthright citizenship, not "properly interpret it".

The funny thing about this, at least to me, is that his oldest son, trump jr was born when his mom wasn't a citizen of this nation. So his oldest son wouldn't be a citizen if trump and his followers had their way.

C1ittlMXAAAkDKv.jpg

wkzq1e2umew11.jpg

F-off commie
What is wrong with communism?

Trump can't end it himself, it has to be done by Congress and the states. They are the only ones who can enact or delete a Constitutional amendment.
Nothing about "ending" it. Just needs to be properly intrepreted.

Time to admit you're dead, Ruthie

While my first name does start with an "r", that ain't it, nor am I dead.

As far as Trump not wanting it ended? Did you even bother to read the link? I'm guessing not, because you missed this part of it....................

The president proposed ending the practice that grants citizenship to those born in the United States during his 2016 presidential campaign. He revived the idea last year, saying he would sign an executive order to enact the change.

Numerous lawmakers, including several Republicans, quickly pushed back on the idea and argued Trump lacked the authority to make such a change using an executive order. They cited that birthright citizenship is a right enshrined under the 14th Amendment.

Trump responded to the criticism by saying birthright citizenship would be ended "one way or another."

Trump himself said that he was looking to end birthright citizenship, not "properly interpret it".

The funny thing about this, at least to me, is that his oldest son, trump jr was born when his mom wasn't a citizen of this nation. So his oldest son wouldn't be a citizen if trump and his followers had their way.
Moron the law states if one parent is a US citizen the child is a citizen.

This was part of the supreme court decision in the Wong Kim Ark case.
We arent talking about IMMIGRANTS.

You know better than this
i know that natural rights exist outside of abortion threads.
Explain what you mean?

Are you saying foreigners have a RIGHT to colonize another sovereign nation?
i am saying natural rights apply to those natural born citizens you allege to have a problem aborting.

Only about 15% of countries allow birthright citizenship.
We should abolish it because it is an illegal immigration magnet and the illegal aliens are looting billions from the American taxpayers.
Good luck passing that Constitutional Amendment...because that's what it would take

You mean, you would have hoped that I wouldn't go so far as to reject invisible lines arbitrarily enforced by robbers, murderers, and kidnappers? Yeah, no, I reject that. Whether someone can travel from location to location shouldn't be left up to someone else, we all own ourselves.

You mean the wisdom of crusty old men, most of whom were on the bank of England's payroll. Well, you're in luck, there were no immigration restrictions until 1882 over 100 years since America's founding. Not that this matters, since all people are just people, and whether some tyrants founded a Government nobody consented to or not doesn't make them suddenly the go-to on a subject.

Your country? Well, if this is your country, why haven't you stopped the Red Flag Laws? Oh, it's because it's not your country, and you actually have no say in what happens to it, you're ruled, and the rulers decide.

Explain what you mean?

i am saying natural rights apply to those natural born citizens you allege to have a problem aborting.
You're not making any sense

Then again, the Constitution was never legitimate in the first place, those rights are inherent to ourselves, so there are many others they continue to infringe upon
You know better than that
Oh, I always wanted to have this conversation with you, sure, let's talk about the Constitution.

Where did you sign it? When did you sign it?

You see, I always get several answers to these questions, and you see, there's a massive flaw with all of them.

The most common is "You consent by being born here". This is social contract theory, and it suggests that you can consent to things at zero years of age, through an involuntary action. This means people can say that you consent to being beaten and robbed by sneezing.

The other most common suggestion is that you consent by voting. So, by that logic, 60% of people shouldn't be paying taxes, since they don't vote. I suppose that's out.

Another is "You consent by leaving here", suggesting that one could consent to being beaten and robbed by not moving out of their personal home.

So, tell me, Dark Angel, how did any of us consent to the Constitution? What makes it a valid document despite never being signed by any of us?

Explain what you mean?

You're not making any sense
You haven't read his screed before? He claims Congress has no authority to regulate immigration. He claims no where in the Constitution is it granted that power. Even though I have shown him multiple times the section where Congress has just that authority.

Yep, there is no such thing as private property or trespassing.
Sounds like you’d fit in and be right at home among...say, Zulu villagers in a jungle somewhere....No law, no rules...everything goes.
Go check it out and report back to us.
Well, first, those who support Government necessarily can't support private property, since for a Government to exist, they must collect taxes. This means they're stealing your property. Plus this one cranks out 150 regulations per-day, telling us what we can and can't do with that private property you claim to support.

So, first, congrats on supporting theft, unironically, while constructing your strawman there, champ.

Secondly, an entire continent isn't used by anyone at all times, especially not by robbers, murderers, and kidnappers who just arbitrarily claimed it as theirs without putting any work into it. Public property is not legitimate, since there's no such thing as group rights. Or, are you a collectivist now?

Thirdly, "law" is just opinions written on paper by robbers, murderers, and kidnappers who call themselves Government. Do you just think that without Government stealing our property, murdering and kidnapping people for things which hurt nobody, and infringing on our rights on a regular basis, everything would suddenly become a "zulu village"? You must be real confident that people will act outside their interests to hurt other people for no personal gain... but then, if that's the case, why do you believe we should be ruled by those same evil people?

Maybe you should think on that, rather than telling me to research zulu villages, champ.
Taxes are the price we pay to live in a civilized society......Oliver Wendell Holmes
Well, first, the society is not civilized, people are beaten and robbed for actions which harm nobody on the regular, kittens are incinerated, and children are dismembered. We're also regularly extorted by those that fools like you claim protect us.

Secondly, exchanges are made voluntarily. Taxes are not a payment, they're extortion, since it's done at gunpoint. If consent and force, as well as civilized are this confusing to you, I legitimately don't want to know what you do to people in your free time.

Only about 15% of countries allow birthright citizenship.
We should abolish it because it is an illegal immigration magnet and the illegal aliens are looting billions from the American taxpayers.
Good luck passing that Constitutional Amendment...because that's what it would take
Nope, the birthright citizenship is not for the offspring of illegal aliens. That is already in the constitution. It just has to start being enforced.

C1ittlMXAAAkDKv.jpg

We are not treating them differently than US.

If we were visiting their nations, and gave birth there, we would consider our child, an American, due to the mother/parents being Americans, and not try to use that to gain Citizenship in a nation that was not ours.

YOu are an asshole.
At least 30 other countries offer this.
What planet are you on?

The president cannot amend the Constitution.

30 out of 195.

and my point stands. If my wife had gone into labor while visiting say, Bermuda, even if they offer birthright citizenship, we would not have signed the child up as a Bermudian citizen.

Because it would be bullshit. It would be wrong.

THus, when I say that I don't want to grant brightright citizenship to the children of Mexicans here illegally,

that is me treating them the way I would want to be treated.

That is me, addressing the point you made.

Now this is the point where you can attempt to counter my point, or you can play some dishonest lib tactic to AVOID doing that.
what if you decided to stay and live there...?

Bermuda does not allow that. I would be breaking the law, and thus a criminal. I would not do that.

That would be massively disrespectful to the citizens of that nation, and I would not treat them that way.

Forum List

Back