Trump vetoes defense bill.

As I understand it, there are enough votes in Congress to override this veto. Which is exactly what will happen it seems. That'll certainly toast his chestnuts...

Not so simple. House doesn't think they have the votes as many republicans have said they won't go against the president's veto.

McConnell seems to think it will happen, provided the House votes to override the veto on Monday. I guess we'll all find out come Monday and Tuesday...

What else would you expect from a serial, aggressive, committed draft dodger, who considers our military to be "losers and suckers?"
The defense bill is immaterial to him, this was just a dry run for vetoing the the stimulus/funding bill.

Hahaha. The real question is will the former GOP be able to override it, considering how many of Trumpybears Fascist Fucks in the House sign the Fealty Oath to the Don. I hear he's making them kiss the ring too!

"My Administration recognizes the importance of the Act to our national security. Unfortunately, the Act fails to include critical national security measures, includes provisions that fail to respect our veterans and our military's history, and contradicts efforts by my Administration to put America first in our national security and foreign policy actions. It is a 'gift' to China and Russia. "

Sounds like an excellent reason for veto to me. Wonder who in Congress is so keen on making gifts to Russia and China.

What else would you expect from a serial, aggressive, committed draft dodger, who considers our military to be "losers and suckers?"
The US spends more on war than all other nations combined. Fuck the MIC. Millions of Americans are suffering, but the fucking war machine is flush.

You mean the man that approved more funding for the military and rebuilt the military more in 4 years than any other president?

Please tell us EXACTLY what he did to REBUILD the military. Be specific, not just right wing talking points. I don't understand how you rebuild the BEST in the world.

The legend keeps getting more legendary. Tech giants interfered in our elections and refuse to not censor our great president. Section 230 was not repealed or the matter resolved in any way, so into the trash it goes. Read the full statement by president Trump in the link.

I am returning, without my approval, H.R. 6395, the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2021 (the “Act”). My Administration recognizes the importance of the Act to our national security. Unfortunately, the Act fails to include critical national security measures, includes provisions that fail to respect our veterans and our military’s history, and contradicts efforts by my Administration to put America first in our national security and foreign policy actions. It is a “gift” to China and Russia.

No one has worked harder, or approved more money for the military, than I have — over $2 trillion. During my 4 years, with the support of many others, we have almost entirely rebuilt the United States military, which was totally depleted when I took office. Your failure to terminate the very dangerous national security risk of Section 230 will make our intelligence virtually impossible to conduct without everyone knowing what we are doing at every step.

The Act fails even to make any meaningful changes to Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, despite bipartisan calls for repealing that provision. Section 230 facilitates the spread of foreign disinformation online, which is a serious threat to our national security and election integrity. It must be repealed.

Trump is becoming a legend.

Meanwhile the pretend prez elect and Dr. Pepper are playing pull my finger in the basement and hoping Hunted didn't rape any children today.

The legend keeps getting more legendary. Tech giants interfered in our elections and refuse to not censor our great president. Section 230 was not repealed or the matter resolved in any way, so into the trash it goes. Read the full statement by president Trump in the link.

I am returning, without my approval, H.R. 6395, the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2021 (the “Act”). My Administration recognizes the importance of the Act to our national security. Unfortunately, the Act fails to include critical national security measures, includes provisions that fail to respect our veterans and our military’s history, and contradicts efforts by my Administration to put America first in our national security and foreign policy actions. It is a “gift” to China and Russia.

No one has worked harder, or approved more money for the military, than I have — over $2 trillion. During my 4 years, with the support of many others, we have almost entirely rebuilt the United States military, which was totally depleted when I took office. Your failure to terminate the very dangerous national security risk of Section 230 will make our intelligence virtually impossible to conduct without everyone knowing what we are doing at every step.

The Act fails even to make any meaningful changes to Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, despite bipartisan calls for repealing that provision. Section 230 facilitates the spread of foreign disinformation online, which is a serious threat to our national security and election integrity. It must be repealed.
God bless him

He should have vetoed every Congessional spending bill and made Congress own the debt if they overrode the veto.

Fuck Congress.

Cool. Unless congress can somehow override it before they wind down, Biden has another bargaining chip.

I hope doesnt' veto or pocket veto the aid bill. It's a bad bill, with pork for the 1% and it should cause Moscow Mitch to have vegetables and eggs thrown his way …. but some workers really need the help.

I am still waiting for a libtard to explain how McConnell got your brain-dead nickname for him.

Amazing isn't it? Trump's desire to protect the legacy of Braxton Fucking Bragg is apparently more important than pay raises for our troops.
I warned Trumpettes that Donald would burn the house down on his way out.
But I had no idea it would be to this extent.

BN-QA347_bkrvbr_JV_20160928083802.jpg

Something that is in this bill that they don't want it to be reinstated. Right now the government and its private contractors like Google and MSM can lie all they want without getting into trouble.
Those who are against this veto are the enemies.

Forum List

Back