Tragedies continue because liberals lack common sense & don't comprehend security

No, I want the secret service to have guns. I want the police to have guns (Even the asshole who yelled at me while talking on my cell today.) I want the Army to have guns.

I don't want you to have guns. because you can't keep your cool on a message board, I hate to see what you'd do if shit got real.

Did it ever occur to you, for even a nano-second, that I'm a law enforcement officer? :lmao:

We are dealing with a real mental midget here folks...

I didn't realize that was an issue, because I really haven't even given it that much of a thought.

My post was intended for Joe Biden's quote in red above. He says he wants police officers to have guns but he doesn't want me to have one. Except that he has NO idea who I am or what I do :cuckoo:

Did it ever occur to you, for even a nano-second, that I'm a law enforcement officer? :lmao:

I didn't realize that was an issue, because I really haven't even given it that much of a thought.

My post was intended for Joe Biden's quote in red above. He says he wants police officers to have guns but he doesn't want me to have one. Except that he has NO idea who I am or what I do :cuckoo:
It was quoted to me just a couple of minutes ago I rebooted my computer and came back and saw it was no longer quoted to me.

So why are you certain the gov will get oppressive? We have a pretty long history already. And how do you see it going down? I think our military are the best people we have and realize the importance we stay a democracy. So even if some nut decides to start calling himself dictator they will quickly imprison him and we elect a new President. But if you see things differently let me know just how you think it would happen.

What do you mean "GET" oppressive? They already ARE oppressive. You know damn well the federal government does not have the authority to force citizens to purchase a good or service. They simply don't. It's just that simple and it's in black and white. Yet, against the U.S. Constitution, and against the will of the overwhelming majority of America, that's exactly what the Obama regime did.

Now supposing it does happen, do you really think people with guns could face the military anyhow? Already greatly outgunned. I don't think it will matter if you have an assault rifle or a slingshot, you'll be just as dead. Funny thing about being a Republican, your vote also has made the strongest military the world has ever seen. If your voting for them because you want to keep your gun to fight the government, you mine as well just point it down and shoot yourself in the foot. That's about what your vote has been doing. But as I stated before I think your brain will be the best weapon you have. Lets put our efforts into improving our country rather than preparing to fight it!

And that's glaring proof of how oppressive our government has already become. The fact that they've restricted us from having weapons they have is proof that they've pissed on the U.S. Constitution and stripped out 2nd Amendment rights.

So you think people should be able to have any weapon they want? That would seem to make our current violence problem only a million times worse.

Relative to other countries the above isn't all that bad. But if you want to fix it I don't think guns are the way. Find a way to get the companies out of the politicians pockets would be nice. Term limits would be nice. Abolish parties maybe? Start a new party that isn't corrupt? There are a lot of things I could understand, but treating guns like they are happiness isn't one of them. Do you have any thoughts other than give me more guns?

So why are you certain the gov will get oppressive? We have a pretty long history already. And how do you see it going down? I think our military are the best people we have and realize the importance we stay a democracy. So even if some nut decides to start calling himself dictator they will quickly imprison him and we elect a new President. But if you see things differently let me know just how you think it would happen.

What do you mean "GET" oppressive? They already ARE oppressive. You know damn well the federal government does not have the authority to force citizens to purchase a good or service. They simply don't. It's just that simple and it's in black and white. Yet, against the U.S. Constitution, and against the will of the overwhelming majority of America, that's exactly what the Obama regime did.

Now supposing it does happen, do you really think people with guns could face the military anyhow? Already greatly outgunned. I don't think it will matter if you have an assault rifle or a slingshot, you'll be just as dead. Funny thing about being a Republican, your vote also has made the strongest military the world has ever seen. If your voting for them because you want to keep your gun to fight the government, you mine as well just point it down and shoot yourself in the foot. That's about what your vote has been doing. But as I stated before I think your brain will be the best weapon you have. Lets put our efforts into improving our country rather than preparing to fight it!

And that's glaring proof of how oppressive our government has already become. The fact that they've restricted us from having weapons they have is proof that they've pissed on the U.S. Constitution and stripped out 2nd Amendment rights.

So you think people should be able to have any weapon they want? That would seem to make our current violence problem only a million times worse.

Relative to other countries the above isn't all that bad. But if you want to fix it I don't think guns are the way. Find a way to get the companies out of the politicians pockets would be nice. Term limits would be nice. Abolish parties maybe? Start a new party that isn't corrupt? There are a lot of things I could understand, but treating guns like they are happiness isn't one of them. Do you have any thoughts other than give me more guns?

The problem isn't that people are buying Bazookas and anti-tank weapons, Brain...it's that a certain segment of the population that is vehemently opposed to guns period, would like to use what happened in Conn. as a "pry bar" to rid themselves of the the 2nd Amendment.

If you can honestly show me that eliminating guns will eliminate violence than we might begin to have a basis to start talking about doing just that...but the truth is...getting rid of guns in the hands of ordinary law abiding Americans (because let's face it...if you aren't law abiding then why would you CARE what laws are enacted?) will not end violence. It might change it substantially. If you're a thug and you intend to rob people then it's obvious that they're not having the means to defend themselves with a gun is going to make it much easier for you to use a knife or a club to take from them what you want. If I'm a 250 pound twenty something mugger than I'm having a field day with senior citizens and the ladies. Like they're REALLY going to be able to defend themselves against me with anything BUT a gun?

So we're going to get rid of "assault weapons" and high capacity magazines? That's going to stop crazy people from killing kids? Why do I think that a nut case with a pump shotgun is going to just as lethal as a nut case with an assault rifle! Maybe because I shoot shotguns and have a good idea what they can do? So do you ban shot guns as well? Where is the line drawn once we start down this slippery slope?

It was quoted to me just a couple of minutes ago I rebooted my computer and came back and saw it was no longer quoted to me.

My bad - I blocked JoeB. a while back after he slipped up and revealed he was an idiot troll (which explains that absurd irrational b.s.) - so they only way I can see his posts is of someone else responds to him. So I had to respond to your post, but I bolded & highlighted his part hoping to make it obvious who I was responding to... (obviously, I failed)

I would never refer to you as a "mental midget" as you are consistently one of the most rational, informed, and educated posters here. Sorry for the confusion.

Watched the 60 Minutes interview with the families of the Newtown tragedy this evening and found it profoundly sad that not only was this a completely unnecessary tragedy, but that it will continue to happen because liberals are blinded by ideology and incapable of learning from history.

The bottom line - no amount of gun bans, limitations on magazine capacity, or background checks will prevent - or even limit - these tragedies. This bloodshed is self-inflicted and is squarely on the hands of the liberals.

Murder is illegal and is punishable by death - if that didn't stop a psychopath like Adam Lanza, how exactly is making firearms illegal going to stop it?

Rape is illegal, but still it continues.

Narcotics are illegal, yet the black market continues to supply it with zero impediments.

Prostitution and sex-slavery is illegal, and still the black market continues to supply that as well.

Liberals can't learn from history and are incapable of understanding actual security. They simply don't grasp that you cannot regulate human behavior - that no law will change the mind of a criminal (because a criminal, by the very definition, is someone who has chosen not to obey laws).

You want evidence that all of this proposed liberal bullshit won't work? You notice that NONE of it has been implemented to protect the President? As former Secret Service Agent Dan Bongino has stated on multiple occasions, not once did the Secret Service ever have a security briefing in which it was proposed to outlaw guns for the President's destination and then have the Secret Service go unarmed :lmao:

This is an example of the nonsense that does more to undermine Second Amendment rights than any ‘gun grabber’ might do.

Abso-freaking-lutely... Every time a state has enacted concealed carry gun laws, the left has come out screaming about how "the blood will run in the streets" (kind of like you just did with making our "problems a million times worse" quote). And yet every time they've seen crime decrease after the concealed carry laws were enacted. It has a 100% success rate.

Now, before you mention the absurd "do you want people to have nukes" comment - understand that A.) who do you know that could afford a nuke anyway (I don't know too many people that have six or seven figures to drop on a bomb) and B.) WMD's (nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons) all contain hazardous materials which by law require special handling training, equipment, and storage facilities - all of which make that absurd "argument" (and I use that term loosely) a moot point.

However, do I know that the lawful American citizen has a right to own a fully automatic weapon, RPG's, tanks, or other "heavy" artillery if they can afford them? Yes. The Constitution was made very clear by our founders that American citizens have the right to bear ARMS - not just muskets or guns. Arms - for the purpose of preventing tyranny. And just in case the radicals tried to pervert the Constitution, the point was made even more clear and thorough in the Federalist Papers.

I'm not sure your understanding the real issue. I'm not saying in any capacity that I need guns to "fix" anything (and I highly doubt any of my fellow conservatives are either). You fix issues through legislation, through elections, through networking, organizations, and protests.

As far as government goes (again, government - not criminals), I'm saying I need guns to protect myself from a federal government that has run amok and which has severely trampled all over the U.S. Constitution (and thereby our rights) on countless occasions now. And yes, the Republicans (GWB's "Patriot Act") are just as guilty as the Dumbocrats (Obama's "Obamacare").

Watched the 60 Minutes interview with the families of the Newtown tragedy this evening and found it profoundly sad that not only was this a completely unnecessary tragedy, but that it will continue to happen because liberals are blinded by ideology and incapable of learning from history.

The bottom line - no amount of gun bans, limitations on magazine capacity, or background checks will prevent - or even limit - these tragedies. This bloodshed is self-inflicted and is squarely on the hands of the liberals.

Murder is illegal and is punishable by death - if that didn't stop a psychopath like Adam Lanza, how exactly is making firearms illegal going to stop it?

Rape is illegal, but still it continues.

Narcotics are illegal, yet the black market continues to supply it with zero impediments.

Prostitution and sex-slavery is illegal, and still the black market continues to supply that as well.

Liberals can't learn from history and are incapable of understanding actual security. They simply don't grasp that you cannot regulate human behavior - that no law will change the mind of a criminal (because a criminal, by the very definition, is someone who has chosen not to obey laws).

You want evidence that all of this proposed liberal bullshit won't work? You notice that NONE of it has been implemented to protect the President? As former Secret Service Agent Dan Bongino has stated on multiple occasions, not once did the Secret Service ever have a security briefing in which it was proposed to outlaw guns for the President's destination and then have the Secret Service go unarmed :lmao:

This is an example of the nonsense that does more to undermine Second Amendment rights than any ‘gun grabber’ might do.

How so? Kind of odd how you always leave out that critical part called "an explanation" to back up your wild claims....

Relative to other countries the above isn't all that bad.

This is really part of the problem here my friend. This belief that we should lower our standards and allow an erosion of our rights because of the status of other countries. Since when do we aspire to be like anyone else? We raised the bar. We set the gold standard. Other nations aspire to be like us.

I can't tell you how many times I laugh and am just amazed when idiots like JoeB. or RDean mention that we should do something because China is doing it. I mean, really? We aspire to match an oppressive communist regime with some of the worst human rights records in world history? :cuckoo:

One of the biggest problems with the left is their focus on lowering the bar. A black person can't pass a standardized test? Well by all means, lets declare it "culturally insensitive" and make it easier so they can pass it (even though it ensures dumber people). A woman is not capable of passing a physical endurance exam to become a fireman? Well hell, just declare it "sexist" and require a less strenuous text (even though it puts lives in danger by ensuring people not capable of doing the job are on the job).

Sorry, in this country, we do not compare ourselves to other nations. We're better than other nations, we deserve better, we demand better, and what other nations have or do not have is no excuse for us to allow the erosion of the U.S. Constitution - and with it - our rights.

This is really part of the problem here my friend. This belief that we should lower our standards and allow an erosion of our rights because of the status of other countries. Since when do we aspire to be like anyone else? We raised the bar. We set the gold standard. Other nations aspire to be like us.

I can't tell you how many times I laugh and am just amazed when idiots like JoeB. or RDean mention that we should do something because China is doing it. I mean, really? We aspire to match an oppressive communist regime with some of the worst human rights records in world history? :cuckoo:

One of the biggest problems with the left is their focus on lowering the bar. A black person can't pass a standardized test? Well by all means, lets declare it "culturally insensitive" and make it easier so they can pass it (even though it ensures dumber people). A woman is not capable of passing a physical endurance exam to become a fireman? Well hell, just declare it "sexist" and require a less strenuous text (even though it puts lives in danger by ensuring people not capable of doing the job are on the job).

Sorry, in this country, we do not compare ourselves to other nations. We're better than other nations, we deserve better, we demand better, and what other nations have or do not have is no excuse for us to allow the erosion of the U.S. Constitution - and with it - our rights.

you have to consider the source

obama once wondered aloud

* why cant we be more like china*...

...* why*

[

If guns don't stop the problem why do people dial 911 when the shit hits the fan? Why don't they wait until after the shooting stops? They should have some respect for the police officer trying to get them to come into a dangerous situation?

I guess I should have clarified for the stupid.

Guns in the hands of professional LEOs stop the problem.

Guns in the hands of Derpa-derps compensating for tiny dicks don't help one little bit and usually make the problem worse.

[quot

No, guy, that doesn't occur to me, because I doubt you could pass the psych test.

Unless you are like a squirrel cop out in some suburb giving out tickets to people talking on their cell phones.

I agree we shouldn't lower the bar based on what others are doing. My comment was more just stating that it could be worse and it's not near time for people to be grabbing guns to fight the government. As long as we have freedom of speech and the right to vote there are much better ways to fix problems.

The problem isn't that people are buying Bazookas and anti-tank weapons, Brain...it's that a certain segment of the population that is vehemently opposed to guns period, would like to use what happened in Conn. as a "pry bar" to rid themselves of the the 2nd Amendment.

If you can honestly show me that eliminating guns will eliminate violence than we might begin to have a basis to start talking about doing just that...but the truth is...getting rid of guns in the hands of ordinary law abiding Americans (because let's face it...if you aren't law abiding then why would you CARE what laws are enacted?) will not end violence. It might change it substantially. If you're a thug and you intend to rob people then it's obvious that they're not having the means to defend themselves with a gun is going to make it much easier for you to use a knife or a club to take from them what you want. If I'm a 250 pound twenty something mugger than I'm having a field day with senior citizens and the ladies. Like they're REALLY going to be able to defend themselves against me with anything BUT a gun?

So we're going to get rid of "assault weapons" and high capacity magazines? That's going to stop crazy people from killing kids? Why do I think that a nut case with a pump shotgun is going to just as lethal as a nut case with an assault rifle! Maybe because I shoot shotguns and have a good idea what they can do? So do you ban shot guns as well? Where is the line drawn once we start down this slippery slope?

By no means do I think it's going to stop people completely, but it might save a few lives. And frankly each one is extremely valuable to me at least.

So now assume your unarmed and in a group of say 50 people. Are you honestly going to tell me that you don't think more people would have a chance of escape if the attacker had a shotgun vs an AR15 with a 50 round magazine? Or if the attacker had a 6 shot revolver vs a semi-auto with 20 round magazines? Both the shotgun and revolver are slower to reload unless you have these magical abilities that go against physics like many of the gun people here claim. Or even suppose your armed with a compact semi-auto. If the attacker has smaller magazines your not going to be so outgunned, nor will the police be for that matter.

Abso-freaking-lutely... Every time a state has enacted concealed carry gun laws, the left has come out screaming about how "the blood will run in the streets" (kind of like you just did with making our "problems a million times worse" quote). And yet every time they've seen crime decrease after the concealed carry laws were enacted. It has a 100% success rate.

Now, before you mention the absurd "do you want people to have nukes" comment - understand that A.) who do you know that could afford a nuke anyway (I don't know too many people that have six or seven figures to drop on a bomb) and B.) WMD's (nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons) all contain hazardous materials which by law require special handling training, equipment, and storage facilities - all of which make that absurd "argument" (and I use that term loosely) a moot point.

However, do I know that the lawful American citizen has a right to own a fully automatic weapon, RPG's, tanks, or other "heavy" artillery if they can afford them? Yes. The Constitution was made very clear by our founders that American citizens have the right to bear ARMS - not just muskets or guns. Arms - for the purpose of preventing tyranny. And just in case the radicals tried to pervert the Constitution, the point was made even more clear and thorough in the Federalist Papers.

I'm not sure your understanding the real issue. I'm not saying in any capacity that I need guns to "fix" anything (and I highly doubt any of my fellow conservatives are either). You fix issues through legislation, through elections, through networking, organizations, and protests.

As far as government goes (again, government - not criminals), I'm saying I need guns to protect myself from a federal government that has run amok and which has severely trampled all over the U.S. Constitution (and thereby our rights) on countless occasions now. And yes, the Republicans (GWB's "Patriot Act") are just as guilty as the Dumbocrats (Obama's "Obamacare").

I don't think you need to go as far as nukes. I think the idea of someone having a grenade, rocket launcher, or tank is pretty crazy. I sure don't trust people enough to want them owning those things. I've had some crappy neighbors and the idea of one having a tank isn't pleasant. Even if you were allowed those things nobody could spend like the government does.

I'm glad you don't think you need guns to "fix" anything. A lot of the pro gun people come across that way.

[

Actually, I think I have you pegged. You are some underacheiver doing a thankless job who blames affrimative action or feminism or some such for your lack of progress in life.

I doubt you'd pass the psych test to be a cop. Your co-workers are probably a little afraid of you.

[

Actually, I think I have you pegged. You are some underacheiver doing a thankless job who blames affrimative action or feminism or some such for your lack of progress in life.

I doubt you'd pass the psych test to be a cop. Your co-workers are probably a little afraid of you.

A little projection there, I see.

[

A little projection there, I see.

A "thankless job" :lmao:

Only one of us cries and complains about our career. Only one of us hates wealthy people. Only one of us has been fired.

By no means do I think it's going to stop people completely, but it might save a few lives. And frankly each one is extremely valuable to me at least.

So now assume your unarmed and in a group of say 50 people. Are you honestly going to tell me that you don't think more people would have a chance of escape if the attacker had a shotgun vs an AR15 with a 50 round magazine? Or if the attacker had a 6 shot revolver vs a semi-auto with 20 round magazines? Both the shotgun and revolver are slower to reload unless you have these magical abilities that go against physics like many of the gun people here claim. Or even suppose your armed with a compact semi-auto. If the attacker has smaller magazines your not going to be so outgunned, nor will the police be for that matter.

My point...which you didn't seem to grasp...is that eliminating guns doesn't really save lives and I base that on what's taken place in locales that HAVE basically eliminated them from the hands of the general public, like Russia and Great Britain. If your contention that getting rid of guns will save lives were valid then murders in both places should be down drastically and yet they are spiking. Why? Because evil people exist no matter what legislation you pass and taking guns out of the hands of the public has made it easier for thugs to prey on the weak with little more than their fists, a knife or a blunt instrument. I'm sorry if the reality of that doesn't jive with your rather naive notion that taking guns away from law abiding folks will somehow make them safer. That's simply not the case.

As for what a pump shotgun would do to a crowded room of people as compared to an assault rifle? I'll give you a hint...neither is going to be a pretty scene.

The Police response time to just about any attack of this manner is going to be too slow for THEM to out gun the bad guy. The way it usually plays out is that the rampage takes place and then the Police finally show up...at which point the mass murderer commits suicide with his own weapon. I'm sorry but the Police are NOT going to save you or your loved ones in this situation. They'll put an end to it with their eventual arrival but it's almost always too late.

Forum List

Back