This Is Not Supposed to be happening in 2021 according to the Far Right.

So then the assumption that minorities couldn’t qualify was unjustified given that they never made it past the names.

The reactions of posters here highlight the same biased assumptions that were no doubt employed when denying the applicants. Interesting.
explain your point.

What point is made when you realize that America elected a Kenyan twice?
What does that have to do with those who deny minority applicants? After all, your dumb racist ass still exists. You even said landlords have that right.

Racial Discrimination and Housing Outcomes in the United States Rental Market​

Peter Christensen, Ignacio Sarmiento-Barbieri & Christopher Timmins

"We report evidence on discriminatory behavior from the largest correspondence study conducted to date in the rental housing market. Using more than 25,000 interactions with rental property managers across the 50 largest U.S. cities, the study reveals that African American and Hispanic/LatinX renters continue to face discriminatory constraints in the majority of U.S. cities although there are important regional differences. Stronger discriminatory constraints on renters of color (particularly African Americans) are also associated with higher levels of residential segregation and larger gaps in intergenerational income mobility. Using matched evidence on the actual rental outcomes at the properties in our experiment, we show that correspondence study measurements of discrimination do indeed predict actual outcomes."

This report speaks for itself. But you guys won't read it then you will try to argue.
Sure, Now we have riding in the back of the bus, separate lunch counters, literacy tests etc.

So then the assumption that minorities couldn’t qualify was unjustified given that they never made it past the names.

The reactions of posters here highlight the same biased assumptions that were no doubt employed when denying the applicants. Interesting.
No, not necessarily. You really need to study in-group, out-group relations. This is a natural thing, that folks are raised with, and need to be educated OUT of.

It is nothing to be ashamed of, and everyone has IMPLICIT BIAS, regardless of their race, age, religion, etc. Blaming one race, or gender is a practice by the establishment to divide and rule.

I remember when I was twelve, my uncle called my house, at 3pm in the afternoon. This was before answering machines, and cell phones. He wanted me to give a message to my folks, I had a new cousin. They had named her, "Keisha." I had never, in my life heard this name before. Sounded sort of strange, but, O.K.

Fast forward, twenty-three years, after she graduated from a teacher collage with honors and had placed applications in with many different places for teaching positions, a few places called her up for interviews.

Some of them showed visible disappointment, that. . . she was NOT black. As they thought she would fill their AA quota, since she is from a predominantly white rural area of the nation.

:auiqs.jpg:

rose-day-card19.jpg

So you're saying that a name creates an image in your mind and you react to the image?
A little dragging here, a little lynching there...

There is a tendency for ethic groups to gather together. For security, comfort, a friendly face. It's called "ghettoization." Nothing wrong with it UNTIL...

You refuse to let them out of the ghetto via law or community action.

Which is what the article and study demonstrate.

None of the applicants were real. The whole thing was a simulation, to prove a hypothesis that the researchers had already assumed.

It was all simulated based off sounds of names. The researchers just made the assumption that property owners and rental managers would make assumptions about the race of prospects based on the names of "hypothetical," rental prospects.

that would be true in any country, right?
Some.
Australia comes to mind.
Yes.
British love their indigenous people right?
Do they?
hahahhahhahaha so you have no intention to discuss without behaving stupidly.
Ironic.
BTW, the indigenous came here from Asia.
Okay.
So they have nothing but perhaps squatter rights.
Okay.

Yes.

Relevance?

Relevance?
The indigenous people of North America are asian Russians.
Just letting you know…no sane legit real American gives two fucks about anything pre founding.
Remember when that bigger caveman conquered the other caveman and took his cave? Boy, those were the days huh?

Okay.

Cite?

Cite?

Maybe.
Sane folks are really only willing to go so far back in time to make a point…It just doesn’t make any sense to talk about what the world was like or how people conducted themselves in the 15th century.
We think what’s going on today is what’s paramount…make sense now?

Stop press. Alert. Racism alive and well in America. Never before has this happened. The whole fabric of society has broken down.

Watch all the republicans in here ooze crocodile tears and wail with sympathetic noises.
Oil pipelines stopped. Water pipelines stopped. Be left to your own devices of survival and do not blame others.

Sane folks are really only willing to go so far back in time to make a point…
Cite?
It just doesn’t make any sense to talk about what the world was like or how people conducted themselves in the 15th century.
No race-based discrimination/genocide since the 1400s?

Cite?
We think what’s going on today is what’s paramount…
Okay.
make sense now?
Does it make sense to you?

Republicans freed the slaves and America elected a black Kenyan twice….there’s just no basis for debate on race issues anymore…it’s a non issue.
So you admit your claim that no one ever objected to Whites settling in a previously non-White area was a gross falsehood?

Because that's what I was talking about. :)

So you admit your claim that no one ever objected to Whites settling in a previously non-White area was a gross falsehood?

Because that's what I was talking about. :)
I see where you‘d like to go with this…you‘re talking about 16th century happenings that nobody cares about while I’m referring to the modern era…you know, the times we live in NOW.

This report speaks for itself. But you guys won't read it then you will try to argue.

It all stopped dead in '64.

Let's see what else did they do and have never atoned for?

Race-related differences in antibody responses to the inactivated influenza vaccine are linked to distinct pre-vaccination gene expression profiles in blood​

The Johns Hopkins, CDC Plan to Mask Medical Experimentation on Minorities as “Racial Justice”​

Under the guise of combatting “structural racism,” the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security has laid out a strategy for ethnic minorities and the mentally challenged to be vaccinated first, all “as a matter of justice.” However, other claims made by the Center contradict these social justice talking points and point to other motives entirely.

Forum List

Back