This Is Not Supposed to be happening in 2021 according to the Far Right.

Racial Discrimination and Housing Outcomes in the United States Rental Market​

Peter Christensen, Ignacio Sarmiento-Barbieri & Christopher Timmins

"We report evidence on discriminatory behavior from the largest correspondence study conducted to date in the rental housing market. Using more than 25,000 interactions with rental property managers across the 50 largest U.S. cities, the study reveals that African American and Hispanic/LatinX renters continue to face discriminatory constraints in the majority of U.S. cities although there are important regional differences. Stronger discriminatory constraints on renters of color (particularly African Americans) are also associated with higher levels of residential segregation and larger gaps in intergenerational income mobility. Using matched evidence on the actual rental outcomes at the properties in our experiment, we show that correspondence study measurements of discrimination do indeed predict actual outcomes."

This report speaks for itself. But you guys won't read it then you will try to argue.

Interesting, the strongest discrimination rates were chicago, Los Angeles, and louisville.

All democrat controlled regions.

Huh......

Only in the US could a right wing, corporate funded party be called commies. What a hoot.
You obviously have the reading comprehension skills of a flee, so run along and find yourself a dog, maybe some of its intelligence will rub off on you.
Ah, Texas, never change. I can see you've not neglected looking for reds under beds in favour of spelling lessons. Say hi to the dust bunnies for me.

• Funny
Reactions: IM2
99% of Blacks and Browns are all on Whitey assistance to pay their rent. Landlords need folks capable of paying rent and the assorted rent increases they plan every few months. Blacks and Browns are on fixed Whitey income and cannot pay for upcharges!

Interesting, the strongest discrimination rates were chicago, Los Angeles, and louisville.

All democrat controlled regions.

Huh......

You keep trying this while republicans in congress are refusing to vote for voting rights. Stop prrtending that republicans don't discriminate based on race.

Racial Discrimination and Housing Outcomes in the United States Rental Market​

Peter Christensen, Ignacio Sarmiento-Barbieri & Christopher Timmins

"We report evidence on discriminatory behavior from the largest correspondence study conducted to date in the rental housing market. Using more than 25,000 interactions with rental property managers across the 50 largest U.S. cities, the study reveals that African American and Hispanic/LatinX renters continue to face discriminatory constraints in the majority of U.S. cities although there are important regional differences. Stronger discriminatory constraints on renters of color (particularly African Americans) are also associated with higher levels of residential segregation and larger gaps in intergenerational income mobility. Using matched evidence on the actual rental outcomes at the properties in our experiment, we show that correspondence study measurements of discrimination do indeed predict actual outcomes."

This report speaks for itself. But you guys won't read it then you will try to argue.
You do understand of course that the word rental implies that people pay rent.

Requires a download; this isn't permitted in an OP on most forums.

Can you tell us what the report says?

TIA!

:)
He linked it, a read the first half and skimmed the rest.

When I found out it wasn't based on real people, but in fact on computer modeling, and with the intention to PROVE that social in-groups just discriminate based on others in regards to the sounds of their names?

:rolleyes:

This isn't like. . . big news or anything.

When Irish, German and eastern immigrants came over at the turn of the century, this was common practice.

It is a given, the in-group discriminates against the out-group. It was a REALLY big deal that a Kennedy was actually running for president.

When Biden did it? Meh.

Here is the link to the PDF, you don't need to download it. The social scientists created a computer model, to find out something that everyone already knows. What a waste of time and educational resources. I notice it is hosted at Duke.edu. I wonder if these are graduate students, or if the government is funding this waste of time. :dunno:

Everyone knows, that a business is more likely to give a call back to "Jane," than it is to "Coreydaviniqua."

" https://sites.duke.edu/christophertimmins/files/2021/11/w29516.pdf

This report speaks for itself. But you guys won't read it then you will try to argue."

A lot of successful white families, actually do, plan what they are going to name their kids. . . far in advance. I don't know if that is the culture in more ethnic cultures. . . I am given the impression, that is always not the case.

What this guy says about his niece Skylar is pretty much human nature. :auiqs.jpg:

More observations on naming. . .

And this. . . this is just funny. The most racist folks in the nation are old black men. :71:
Chris Rock lays out the truth so well. Of course the whole society is biased. Duh!

Gotta love IM2! USMB wouldn't be half the place it is, and wouldn't feel American w/o him! :salute:

Maybe whitey needs to stop doing shit like what's described in the report.
Civility is manners. There are many people who have it. And many who do not. It is just by percentages as we get specific.

He linked it, a read the first half and skimmed the rest.

When I found out it wasn't based on real people, but in fact on computer modeling, and with the intention to PROVE that social in-groups just discriminate based on others in regards to the sounds of their names?

:rolleyes:

This isn't like. . . big news or anything.

When Irish, German and eastern immigrants came over at the turn of the century, this was common practice.

It is a given, the in-group discriminates against the out-group. It was a REALLY big deal that a Kennedy was actually running for president.

When Biden did it? Meh.

Here is the link to the PDF, you don't need to download it. The social scientists created a computer model, to find out something that everyone already knows. What a waste of time and educational resources. I notice it is hosted at Duke.edu. I wonder if these are graduate students, or if the government is funding this waste of time. :dunno:

Everyone knows, that a business is more likely to give a call back to "Jane," than it is to "Coreydaviniqua."

" https://sites.duke.edu/christophertimmins/files/2021/11/w29516.pdf

This report speaks for itself. But you guys won't read it then you will try to argue."

A lot of successful white families, actually do, plan what they are going to name their kids. . . far in advance. I don't know if that is the culture in more ethnic cultures. . . I am given the impression, that is always not the case.

What this guy says about his niece Skylar is pretty much human nature. :auiqs.jpg:

More observations on naming. . .

And this. . . this is just funny. The most racist folks in the nation are old black men. :71:
Chris Rock lays out the truth so well. Of course the whole society is biased. Duh!

Gotta love IM2! USMB wouldn't be half the place it is, and wouldn't feel American w/o him! :salute:

THANK YOU! :)

I'm utterly stunned to learn that the OP is not only a troll, but an idiot as well, and that they posted a moronic study.

Forum List

Back