They have noticed.

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017

What Foreign Diplomats Say About US Politics Behind Closed Doors​

When I asked the European ambassador to talk to me about America’s deepening partisan divide, I expected a polite brushoff at best. Foreign diplomats are usually loath to discuss domestic U.S. politics.

Instead, the ambassador unloaded for an hour, warning that America’s poisonous politics are hurting its security, its economy, its friends and its standing as a pillar of democracy and global stability.

The U.S. is a “fat buffalo trying to take a nap” as hungry wolves approach, the envoy mused. “I can hear those Champagne bottle corks popping in Moscow — like it’s Christmas every fucking day.”

Anyone who does not think the reasons the corks in Moscow are popping are the recipient of Vlad's largesse being the presumptive Repub nominee, the House Repub's dysfunction, the drop of faith in election integrity in the error.....sorry, era.......of Trumpery, the belief in conspiracy theories like the existence of the fictitious deep state, the national debt, the dubious credibility of fact (way to go Rupert), the view participants in the 1/6 riot are something other than deluded traitors, or that citizens of the US are not willing to make the commitment to democracy keeping it requires, are not fucking paying attention.

When I asked the European ambassador to talk to me about America’s deepening partisan divide, I expected a polite brushoff at best. Foreign diplomats are usually loath to discuss domestic U.S. politics.

Instead, the ambassador unloaded for an hour, warning that America’s poisonous politics are hurting its security, its economy, its friends and its standing as a pillar of democracy and global stability.

The U.S. is a “fat buffalo trying to take a nap” as hungry wolves approach, the envoy mused. “I can hear those Champagne bottle corks popping in Moscow — like it’s Christmas every fucking day.”

Anyone who does not think the reasons the corks in Moscow are popping are the recipient of Vlad's largesse being the presumptive Repub nominee, the House Repub's dysfunction, the drop of faith in election integrity in the error.....sorry, era.......of Trumpery, the belief in conspiracy theories like the existence of the fictitious deep state, the national debt, the dubious credibility of fact (way to go Rupert), the view participants in the 1/6 riot are something other than deluded traitors, or that citizens of the US are not willing to make the commitment to democracy keeping it requires, are not fucking paying attention.
They learned in 2016 what many of us learned: America isn't what we thought. Now they know they can't trust us. So the question is who takes our place on the world stage.

and the partisan divide started when trump was elected?

Hardly.

IMO, the kickoff happened with BvG

Possibly as far back as the Clinton Impeachment.

The two sides started to actively divide the nation along party lines in 1993 because a 3rd party contender did far better than they thought possible. The best way to stop this was for them to divide us long party lines and make the other side out to be the enemy so any vote but the one for your chosen party would be unthinkable.

Do you really think it is normal for everything from sports to beer to retail stores to be the subject of partisan debates?

The fact is our allies know Biden is incompetent.

Meanwhile there are wars all over the world that the US has sanctioned which could escalate further at any moment.

Meanwhile there are wars all over the world that the US has sanctioned which could escalate further at any moment.

spongebob-patrick.png

In other words Biden is a complete disaster for the US.

Democrats are destroying the country, and everyone can sense it.

They learned in 2016 what many of us learned: America isn't what we thought. Now they know they can't trust us. So the question is who takes our place on the world stage.
That’s right. Americans are tired of the same old establishment stooges that blindly follow what the CIA and Blackrock type corporations tells them.

Warmongering glbalists like you still can’t get over it.

You'll notice that the Trumpsters didn't actually read the article.

If they had, they'd be calling it "fake news".

:rolleyes:

and the partisan divide started when trump was elected?

Hardly.

IMO, the kickoff happened with BvG

Possibly as far back as the Clinton Impeachment.
I'm reading a book about that time in our history. "The Red and the Blue" by Steve Kornacki. It's excellent. He's a surprisingly good writer.
It goes through the history of how Gingrich (largely out of frustration with Dem congressional dominance for decades) radicalized the GOP. Coinciding with the rise of conservative media in the wake of Reagan's colossal error in repealing the Fairness Doctrine. Our politics have never been the same.

But as much as Vlad and other enemies of the US are celebrating our division, they are also celebrating the demise of the GOP in to the POT.

Forum List

Back