Jesus was a Jew. Why do some Christians and Muslims hate Jews?

Could be. I recall reading that in the Temple, particularly during high holy days, that those who were subservient to Annas and Caiaphas (who were of the same family) were at the Temple, and the two probably encouraged them to "help out" during the trial of Jesus.
could be----that was a very small minority of people---the SADDUCEES---a small group but POWERFUL because they were the clients of Rome and despised by the majority

The racism that many show against Jews, must by definition include Jesus, as he only taught Jewish traditions along with his criticisms of it. This included the Jewish esoteric and mystical teachings similar to Gnostic Christian thinking. Jesus’ forte.

Yahweh chose to have the Jews and Romans sacrifice Jesus and thus the Jews hold no blame.

Yahweh loved the Jews and it seems counter intuitive to have religions like Christianity and Islam, who have usurped the Jewish Yahweh and Jesus from the Jews, to try to take the Jew out of Jesus and hating that Jewishness.

Jewry is the root and patriarch of Christianity and Islam, yet those religions do not seem to respect their own Jewish roots.

Roots should be revered. Christians and Muslims do not love or respect their religious fathers and mothers; so to speak.

Jesus was a Jew.

Why do some Christians and Muslims hate Jews?

Regards
DL
Some say it goes back to the time Pompey marched into Jerusalem. When the more militant Jews sought to take Jerusalem back from the Romans, the Jewish and Gentile Christians did not support them or try to prevent the expulsion of most Jews from their land. And this created the great schism between Judaism and Christianity.

I personally take that with a grain of salt as I think the schism existed from the first Jewish followers of Jesus. But it isn't really important. The history gets distorted at times then and throughout the ages all the way into modern times.

Various rulers of countries found it convenient to accuse/blame the Jews for the difficulties in those countries. Pograms/ethnic massacres were common. The Crusades targeted Jews as well as Muslims. The Tzars expelled most of the Jews aka "Christ killers" from Russia and what is now the Ukraine in the late 19th Century and severe restrictions were placed on the Jews in many places in both eastern and western Europe throughout the middle ages.

So I think the schisms have pretty much existed since Christianity began though there is very little Christian persecution of the Jews, if any, now if you don't count the unreasonable and hateful antisemitism directed at Jews by I think mostly non-Christians these days.

And the why? I think the large majority is just as senseless as all other forms of bigotry without rhyme or reason.

No, it’s not.

yes, that is their charter ...

1713234759963.jpeg

uky is playing word game for what is real christian -

the bible belt has never been any different theirs is the 4th century christian bible, written by the crucifiers.

The racism that many show against Jews, must by definition include Jesus, as he only taught Jewish traditions along with his criticisms of it. This included the Jewish esoteric and mystical teachings similar to Gnostic Christian thinking. Jesus’ forte.

Yahweh chose to have the Jews and Romans sacrifice Jesus and thus the Jews hold no blame.

Yahweh loved the Jews and it seems counter intuitive to have religions like Christianity and Islam, who have usurped the Jewish Yahweh and Jesus from the Jews, to try to take the Jew out of Jesus and hating that Jewishness.

Jewry is the root and patriarch of Christianity and Islam, yet those religions do not seem to respect their own Jewish roots.

Roots should be revered. Christians and Muslims do not love or respect their religious fathers and mothers; so to speak.

Jesus was a Jew.

Why do some Christians and Muslims hate Jews?

Regards
DL
I do think it is a shame. I guess you could say I am a Christian, but I also enjoy religous studies and enjoy submersing myself in many other religions including Islam and Judaism. I have had Jewish, Christian, Muslim, Buddist, Sihk, Atheist, Hindu, Gnostic, Satanist and Diest friends. I am very accepting of people from a really wide range of beliefs. I have dabbled in each religion and thought each had something useful to teach me.

I will say of the bible I always loved the Old Testament the most which could be considered the Torah. I always enjoy listening to how Jewish scholars interpet the old testament, they seem to know more about the Old Testament and give me better answers than the answers I get from Christian ministers at churches.

Forum List

Back