There should be more restrictions on what poor people can buy with food stamps.

That's not what you said. Was it?

Actually, there was a game changer.

February 21, 2021 |

Governor Greg Abbott today announced the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) received federal approval to allow Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) recipients to use their food benefits to purchase hot foods and ready-to-eat meals due to impacts from the severe winter storm.

HHSC received federal approval today from the U.S. Department of Agriculture Food and Nutrition Service. The waiver allows SNAP recipients to purchase these ready-made foods with their Lone Star Cards through the end of March.

It's what I meant to say. Sorry for any confusion.

Just be thankful that you didn't spell anything incorrectly. Trust me on that. Admiral does NOT, I repeat, NOT mess around with misspellers. I remember that last time some poor sap spelled something wrong. Ho leee sht.

Think he was an English professor. Or a history professor. I forget.

And don't call it the Department of Education either. Huh uh. It's the Education Department. And don't forget it.

I hope this clears up SNAP purchases (EBT)

You cannot buy hot food from the deli or prepared foods like mac n cheese, chicken or sandwiches, stuff from the salad bar or anything that is to be consumed at the premises. You can, however, buy deli meats and cheeses and cold uncooked items from the deli with your EBT card.

But there are some quirks in the system on what you can buy. For instance, you cannot buy a hot rotisserie chicken, fresh out of the rotisserie. But once they put that rotisserie chicken into the cold display case, its eligible to be purchased on food stamps. The same with, say, a sandwich.

Lefties love handing out other people's money
News flash: Blue states pay more money into the federal government. Especially since Trump put the SALT cap, making blue states pay even more.

So you are complaining that lefties love handing out their own money.

As I read through this thread, I noticed that lefties seem to push for less oversight on welfare. Lefties seem more anxious to hand out other people's money.
Not really. But not all of our are miserable enough to bitch about people using an EBT card to buy a fucking candy bar.

Prepared meals can be obtained in all of our grocery stores and convenience stores.

Most grocery stores here have all the WIC approved items marked on the shelves and bins where there is any doubt. Never saw any on the prepared shelves, though. Maybe they pay for salads or something.

I have zero problems with barring candy, chips, sodas, booze, cigarettes, etc. from being bought with them.

News flash: Blue states pay more money into the federal government. Especially since Trump put the SALT cap, making blue states pay even more.

So you are complaining that lefties love handing out their own money.
I believe most of the very successful people in blue states are also conservatives.

Most grocery stores here have all the WIC approved items marked on the shelves and bins where there is any doubt. Never saw any on the prepared shelves, though. Maybe they pay for salads or something.

I have zero problems with barring candy, chips, sodas, booze, cigarettes, etc. from being bought with them.
WIC is a separate program, mainly for young child and prenatal nutrition,

WIC: The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children helps prevent or decrease premature births by supplementing the diets of pregnant women. It is also available to mothers of infants and children up to age five. WIC pays for essential items like milk, eggs and baby formula.

Things you CAN buy using EBT / SNAP:
  • Breads and cereals
  • Fruits and vegetables
  • Meats, fish and poultry
  • Dairy products
  • Seeds and plants that produce food such as tomato seeds
  • Bottled water and non-alcoholic beverages

Things you CANNOT buy using EBT / SNAP:
  • Beer, wine, liquor, cigarettes or tobacco
  • Any nonfood items, such as: pet foods, soaps, paper products and household supplies
  • Vitamins and medicines
  • Food that will be eaten in the store
  • Hot foods or foods that are already prepared

WIC is a separate program, mainly for young child and prenatal nutrition,

WIC: The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children helps prevent or decrease premature births by supplementing the diets of pregnant women. It is also available to mothers of infants and children up to age five. WIC pays for essential items like milk, eggs and baby formula.
That's why I said WIC, yes.

I guess those are the only rich people. Are you seriously going to contest the point I made?

What point was that? I don't read many left wing posts, I only need to read one per week, since they all parrot stuff I've been reading for years anyway.

Things you CAN buy using EBT / SNAP:
  • Breads and cereals
  • Fruits and vegetables
  • Meats, fish and poultry
  • Dairy products
  • Seeds and plants that produce food such as tomato seeds
  • Bottled water and non-alcoholic beverages

Things you CANNOT buy using EBT / SNAP:
  • Beer, wine, liquor, cigarettes or tobacco
  • Any nonfood items, such as: pet foods, soaps, paper products and household supplies
  • Vitamins and medicines
  • Food that will be eaten in the store
  • Hot foods or foods that are already prepared

That seems to be the rules here in Texas.

Forum List

Back