There should be more restrictions on what poor people can buy with food stamps.

Why not arrest the person to whom the card was issued, for fraud.

Does the man who stole a necklace and pawns it any less responsible than the broker who loaned him money for the necklace? Does the thief have ANY responsibility at all in your mind?
In a perfect world with unlimited government resources you would be right. But in the real world solving a problems requires doing so with limited resources.
You would throw the EBT recipient in jail (even if just for a day) requiring child services take their children, and put them into foster care, and multiply that by the 1,000 EBT card holders. VS shutting down the liquor store not just illegally accepting such payments, but telling EBT card holders they can come to their store to get cash.

I shot down your "solution", and now you're pitching a bitch that I didn't take it seriously. You saying the poor only have to walk to the local library to access the internet shows you're clueless.
Post that quote that you said I made that poor people only have to walk to a library. You cannot. I stated an option, a possibility and you know it. I further addressed the lack of libraries in many towns from a quick check and this is a lack of responsibility somewhere. States I would guess fighting where to spend and ignore needs for public libraries.

I view almost every obstacle capable of,at least, reducing in part via self-determination and hard work. My views are impacted by watching videos of survivalists, females included, who are living on their own. Young, old, feeble included. My viewpoints come from personally knowing people who have faced such hardships and loss that most people would give up, yet they did not. I know people who have struggled with financial difficulties and needed temporary federal assistance and are now thriving due to pure determination. So, I expect more from others than you do when we’re talking able-minded and able-functioning adults. Society never benefits from lowering the bar. The weakest links within our society do not benefit when we lower expectations.

I shot down your "solution", and now you're pitching a bitch.
Saying the poor can find a neighborhood yard sale to pick up a wagon to go shopping.
I’ve seen it done that’s why I mentioned it. BTW- your multiple falsehoods (never connected using the kid wagon for shopping, for one) inaccurate assessments are glaring. Please, can someone pass me a pair of sunglasses?

I stand by the simple statement that if a person is able to buy a kid wagon at a yard sale they can use it to take the kids to the library to use the Internet. Pretty basic. It’s a common thing and occurs within all economic brackets as a way to get somewhere without a vehicle or bus. You’re a persistent little fellow aren’t you? Lol

I stand by the simple statement that if a person is able to buy a kid wagon at a yard sale they can use it to take the kids to the library to use the Internet
Then why did you lie, that you didn't say that.

Post that quote that you said I made that poor people only have to walk to a library. You cannot. I stated an option, a possibility and you know it.

If you're going to pitch a bitch you didn't say something you gave as a EBT recipients solution, you should apologize.

I stand by the simple statement that if a person is able to buy a kid wagon at a yard sale they can use it to take the kids to the library to use the Internet

But you said that of EBT recipients.

Who live in middle class neighborhoods with local libraries and yard sales.

In a perfect world with unlimited government resources you would be right. But in the real world solving a problems requires doing so with limited resources.
You would throw the EBT recipient in jail (even if just for a day) requiring child services take their children, and put them into foster care, and multiply that by the 1,000 EBT card holders. VS shutting down the liquor store not just illegally accepting such payments, but telling EBT card holders they can come to their store to get cash.
In a perfect world they would be working and buying their own shit with their own money.
There are conditions that the recipients of welfare are obligated to follow. If they want to sell their cards for cash or drugs or anything else that is prohibited, then they aren't hungry. So remove the card. Not the children. Not the person. That way, they can go get a job and feed the family we thought was being fed with those cards.
If the business owner is breaking the law then fine the business owner. If it continues, take his or her license. But instead of trying to track down all the offenders, why not stop it at the source. The welfare recipient. Use the charity for what it is intended, or forfeit it.

On the other hand, if the money is going to strip joints instead of food for those poor children, maybe a warm home with food on the table isn't the worst thing that can happen to those poor neglected offspring...

Your desire for healthy foods for poor people often depends on access to healthier foods which often isn’t accessible.
I'm not saying it needs to be some strict diet. Preventing the purchase of things like soda and candy with EBT isn't going to prevent anybody from being fed.

In a perfect world they would be working and buying their own shit with their own money.
There are conditions that the recipients of welfare are obligated to follow. If they want to sell their cards for cash or drugs or anything else that is prohibited, then they aren't hungry.
Or they want a prepared meal, which they can't buy with EBT.

In fact, I remember one guy who used to stay at an old guys house down the street (I think he was blowing him or something) used to get one of those ebt cards. He would give it to someone, they would go buy a bunch of groceries on it and then they'd give him a fraction of what they spent on the card in cash and he would go buy booze with the cash they gave him.

That's what one of the other neighbors were saying anyway. Apparently the guy made the offer to them or something like that. The old guy kicked the can and I dunno whatever happened to the grifter guy.

What a scam.

If the business owner is breaking the law then fine the business owner. If it continues, take his or her license. But instead of trying to track down all the offenders, why not stop it at the source. The welfare recipient.
You seem to have a problem with numbers. You're talking about at most dozens of businesses breaking the law, vs thousands of EBT card holders. To solve the problem, go after the businesses, not after the card holders, who would end up costing the government far more in child welfare then the fraud they're trying to stop.

This is no different than going after the businesses that hire illegal aliens, but you would rather go after the illegal aliens instead.

You seem to have a problem with numbers. You're talking about at most dozens of businesses breaking the law, vs thousands of EBT card holders. To solve the problem, go after the businesses, not after the card holders, who would end up costing the government far more in child welfare then the fraud they're trying to stop.

This is no different than going after the businesses that hire illegal aliens, but you would rather go after the illegal aliens instead.

Bullshit. Don't need the card for food, then you don't need the card. Pay strippers with your own hard earned cash. I'll feed your children in my home. Why should they suffer because you like booze, drugs and tits?

As I read through this thread, I noticed that lefties seem to push for less oversight on welfare. Lefties seem more anxious to hand out other people's money.

Forum List

Back