There should be more restrictions on what poor people can buy with food stamps.

As I read through this thread, I noticed that lefties seem to push for less oversight on welfare. Lefties seem more anxious to hand out other people's money.
You got that wrong. We push more MORE oversight via the businesses that participate in the fraud.

We know that's a far more cost effective way to stop the problem, than threatening to put welfare mothers in jail.

You lie and are ignorant. Really ignorant. So glad our states are not. Here is your run down on fraud on EBT, TANF and others:

Legislators to welfare recipients: If you want to buy alcohol, tobacco, lottery tickets, tattoos or adult movies, that’s your business. But if you pay for them with a debit card funded by taxpayers, that’s our business — and we’re cutting you off.

Odd you don't get fraud, considering...

Smooth move Ex-lax!

You argue, make stupid assertions, and then when proven wrong, act like you agreed with me all along?

You are one of the dumbest twats on this message board!

Learn something every day. You can use EBT cards at yard sales, and buy wagons with them? I go to a lot of yard sales, and I haven't seen a wagon at one in a long time. Speaking of welfare, if we got corporations and the middle class off welfare then feeding the poor wouldn't look all that expensive. Those two groups get a massive amount of welfare, 20-50 times more than EBT handouts amount to.

And, major chains like Wally World make a lot of money off of EBT and food stamps, and most employers rely on them to supplement their employees' pay, companies like Walmart, in fact. Why do people assume EBT users are not working?

Last edited:
Smooth move Ex-lax!

You argue, make stupid assertions, and then when proven wrong, act like you agreed with me all along?

You are one of the dumbest twats on this message board!

Except the states are proving you wrong and removing cards from people who abuse them. You just don't like to lose, whiny.

If I ever agree with an idiot like you, the mods have my permission to take me out back and shoot me. I couldn't live with your level of stupidity. Admiral my ass. You're a whimp, trying to hide behind a tough guy, you silly little man.

here, take that> :slap: . lol

Learn something every day. You can use EBT cards at yard sales, and buy wagons with them? I go to a lot of yard sales, and I haven't seen a wagon at one in a long time. Speaking of welfare, if we got corporations and the middle class off welfare then feeding the poor wouldn't look all that expensive. Those two groups get a massive amount of welfare, 20-50 times more than EBT handouts amount to.

And, major chains like Wally World make a lot of money off of EBT and food stamps.
Well, since we probably won't get them off welfare any time soon, and since they are benefitting from taxpayer money, then taxpayers should have a say in how they run their business, right?

Bullshit. Don't need the card for food, then you don't need the card. Pay strippers with your own hard earned cash. I'll feed your children in my home. Why should they suffer because you like booze, drugs and tits?
You live in the People's Republic of Rhode Island, right?

Other than Navy personnel forced to live there, your state is one of the dumbest collection of cock holsters in this country.

EBT is also used for TANF and WIC. Since mother's can only get WIC, I doubt too many are frequenting strip bars, unless that is your penchant to hit from both sides of the place. The use of EBTs for what you claim has been illegal in most states for many years.

I'll bet you didn't know child support payments are also placed on EBT cards.

How do I know this? My dung heap of a son-in-law abandoned his family until he screwed up and the federal government nailed his ass for back child support. My daughter was left penniless for years, working part time while grandpa and grandma provided child care. She had to make use of WIC, TANF, paid child care, and the state insurance coverage for my two grandson's, one of which was diagnosed with leukemia six months after the sperm donor disappeared. He still is tens of thousands of dollars behind on child support but she is now married to the best son-in-law that any father could asked to have.

We don't have these problems such as yours in my state, nor any other state of which I know. Get your liberal peons in Providence to get their shit together. I was stationed there for parts of three years and never was so glad to not have to leave the base for any of my needs, except to fly out of that crappy hole to my homes in other states to see my family on weekends.

... and since they are benefitting from taxpayer money, then taxpayers should have a say in how they run their business, right?
Interesting idea. Requiring everybody receiving government funds, be subject to the same requirements. But i've already said it would be more practical to go after a business responsible for $100,000 in fraud, than to try and prosecute 1,000 people for a $100 fraud. Just imagine the resources of needing 1,000 lawyers, and 1,000 judges to hold 1,000 trials, when you could stop that fraud with just one of each.

Except the states are proving you wrong and removing cards from people who abuse them. You just don't like to lose, whiny.

If I ever agree with an idiot like you, the mods have my permission to take me out back and shoot me. I couldn't live with your level of stupidity. Admiral my ass. You're a whimp, trying to hide behind a tough guy, you silly little man.

here, take that> :slap: . lol
Hey dumbass, your entire diatribe agreed with everything I said. Perhaps you should get a refund on your education. You are just pissed that I keep showing you to be a dumbass douche canoe!

Interesting idea. Requiring everybody receiving government funds, be subject to the same requirements.
Yep, and since pretty much all of us get some kind of "benefit" from government, we all have to forfeit our rights.

Well, since we probably won't get them off welfare any time soon, and since they are benefitting from taxpayer money, then taxpayers should have a say in how they run their business, right?

In other threads we read all about how half the country isn't paying taxes. the right wing troll farms put out as much contradictory rubbish as left wing nutjobs do, which why they're running neck and neck with morons like Biden and Kamala in elections, and losing.

We have no proof you're paying anything in taxes, or anybody else here for that matter. People get their say at election time.

Not the same. People who buy groceries with their own earnings can decide how to spend it. People who buy groceries using other people’s money shouldn’t expect to spend it on junk.
Who is going to decide? You? Write your congressman.

Who is going to decide? You? Write your congressman.
They should tag all the dollars we pay in for taxes. Then we could track the money and see who is spending it. That way control freaks like the OP could find the people spending his/her money and nag then for not doing it right.

~~~~~~
Following quote from Brookings article with respect to taking out sugary drinks from SNAP: “Our best prediction is that there will be no consumption change as a result of the SNAP restriction; such a family can continue to purchase the same basket of goods, but they would have to make certain to pay for the soft drinks out of their own cash instead of their SNAP benefits. In other words, a ban will likely increase the administrative costs of the program to both the USDA and retailers, and increase the stigma faced by recipients when they use the benefits, but not have the benefit of inducing any behavioral changes”.

I can believe the prediction that even without SNAP monies the same amount of soft drinks would still be purchased.

This topic brings the concept of fairness to the forefront. Presuming the information presented is correct, that removing bad items from the list of potential SNAP options isn’t going to change consumer behavior, it begs the question: Is the purpose to remove these items so that tax payer money is better spent, or is this about improving the health (teeth in particular) of children? Is there a way to satisfy both the want of sugary drinks and the need for healthy outcomes? There is a solution stated within the article, but eluded the writer?

If a reader can get beyond the nitpicking particulars of a few posters, there really are some good points being presented in this thread. I for one am less sure I was right due to reading this info.

I place measures to promote healthy teeth over concerns of money, but still understand that SNAP can’t be a catch-all, otherwise it could freely be spent on liquor, cigarettes and alcohol. It comes down to classifying sugary drinks along with these other vices. The problem is that since a large majority of Americans enjoy sugary beverages, to hell with cavities for some even, not sure what’s exactly fair here.

Not hot meals though, unless I'm mistaken about that.
Hot meals are served abundantly around my area with convenient stores, gas stations etc. even a few of the gas stations have such good lunches you see many work trucks parked there during lunch hour. Many large grocery stores offer hot food (baked chicken) near checkout.

Restricting how taxpayer funds are used by recipients isn’t bullying them. It is making sure our money is being used wisely.
A lot of people who recieve assistance fell on hard times due to circumstances beyond their control who were once workers who paid taxes. So for them it's THEIR money too, Clown.

Nothing else to piss & moan about other then helping to feed poor people?

I’m looking over that list. That food stamp recipients spend a greater percentage on sodas than do self-supporting people is shameful. beyond that, the following should be disallowed: candy, cookies, ice cream. I have no idea what “beef grinds” are - probably some unhealthy, fat-laden preservative-laden meat product.
Let them eat cake, right retard? Who the hell are you to tell people what they can eat?

Hot meals are served abundantly around my area with convenient stores, gas stations etc. even a few of the gas stations have such good lunches you see many work trucks parked there during lunch hour. Many large grocery stores offer hot food (baked chicken) near checkout.
I meant that you can't buy hot food with food stamps, which is ridiculous when you can buy candy.

Forum List

Back