Zone1 The War In Heaven

onefour1

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2014

War in Heaven

This term arises out of Rev. 12:7 and refers to the conflict that took place in the premortal existence among the spirit children of God. The war was primarily over how and in what manner the plan of salvation would be administered to the forthcoming human family upon the earth. The issues involved such things as agency, how to gain salvation, and who should be the Redeemer. The war broke out because one-third of the spirits refused to accept the appointment of Jesus Christ as the Savior. Such a refusal was a rebellion against the Father’s plan of redemption. It was evident that if given agency, some persons would fall short of complete salvation; Lucifer and his followers wanted salvation to come automatically to all who passed through mortality, without regard to individual preference, agency, or voluntary dedication (see Isa. 14:12–20; Luke 10:18; Rev. 12:4–13; D&C 29:36–38; Moses 4:1–4). The spirits who thus rebelled and persisted were thrust out of heaven and cast down to the earth without mortal bodies, “and thus came the devil and his angels” (D&C 29:37; see also Rev. 12:9; Abr. 3:24–28).
The warfare is continued in mortality in the conflict between right and wrong, between the gospel and false principles, etc. The same contestants and the same issues are doing battle, and the same salvation is at stake.
Although one-third of the spirits became devils, the remaining two-thirds were not all equally valiant, there being every degree of devotion to Christ and the Father among them. The most diligent were chosen to be rulers in the kingdom (Abr. 3:22–23). The nature of the conflict, however, is such that there could be no neutrals, then or now (Matt. 12:30; 1 Ne. 14:10; Alma 5:38–40).

I believe that by understanding the War in Heaven, we can better understand the conflict between good and evil that is still going on in our mortal world.

War in Heaven

This term arises out of Rev. 12:7 and refers to the conflict that took place in the premortal existence among the spirit children of God. The war was primarily over how and in what manner the plan of salvation would be administered to the forthcoming human family upon the earth. The issues involved such things as agency, how to gain salvation, and who should be the Redeemer. The war broke out because one-third of the spirits refused to accept the appointment of Jesus Christ as the Savior. Such a refusal was a rebellion against the Father’s plan of redemption. It was evident that if given agency, some persons would fall short of complete salvation; Lucifer and his followers wanted salvation to come automatically to all who passed through mortality, without regard to individual preference, agency, or voluntary dedication (see Isa. 14:12–20; Luke 10:18; Rev. 12:4–13; D&C 29:36–38; Moses 4:1–4). The spirits who thus rebelled and persisted were thrust out of heaven and cast down to the earth without mortal bodies, “and thus came the devil and his angels” (D&C 29:37; see also Rev. 12:9; Abr. 3:24–28).
The warfare is continued in mortality in the conflict between right and wrong, between the gospel and false principles, etc. The same contestants and the same issues are doing battle, and the same salvation is at stake.
Although one-third of the spirits became devils, the remaining two-thirds were not all equally valiant, there being every degree of devotion to Christ and the Father among them. The most diligent were chosen to be rulers in the kingdom (Abr. 3:22–23). The nature of the conflict, however, is such that there could be no neutrals, then or now (Matt. 12:30; 1 Ne. 14:10; Alma 5:38–40).

I believe that by understanding the War in Heaven, we can better understand the conflict between good and evil that is still going on in our mortal world.
Yeah, neutral does not seem to fly with the Boss. I remember reading something about "...neither cold or hot but lukewarm I will spit you out of My mouth". When I tabulate my limitations as a human being I really am not looking for problems after I vacate my physical body. A smooth transaction would be ideal for me. I have experienced jealousy in women ESPECIALLY Latino women & well understand that there could be a possible connection regarding JEALOUSY(fiery hot) between women & their/our Maker. YES for sure on the good & evil going on in our mortal world. Play it safe is the code word when entering a not fully understood realm(s).

- and some people dare claim the greatest speculation is the beginning or even the moment for time, not so as now the - war in the heavens - as occurring and the eventual laissez faire of mary and her little lamb take center stage.

Evidently Lucifer sought to take away the free agency of man to choose between right and wrong while here in mortality. His suggested plan was to force everybody to do good and thought that this would ensure that nobody would fail and all mankind would be saved. In our world today how often do we see those who want to take away our free will and rights. Lucifer even volunteered to be the Savior of the world. God the Father rejected Lucifer's plan and rejected him to become the Savior of the world. The Father rejected the plan because for mankind to progress to become more like their Father, they needed free will to be able to develop into a being more like the Father. Nobody forces God to be a good being. He chooses to be good of his own free will and choice. For mankind to be a truly good being in and of themselves, they too need to learn to love goodness over evil and choose the good of their own free will to be a being like the Father. Free will is an essential element in the progression of mankind. When Lucifer's plan was rejected, Lucifer sought to gain the popular support of all the rest of the children of God. He thus set out to convince them to side with his plan over the Father's. Many of God's children did want to take on the risk of free will to become like the Father but liked Lucifer's plan to gain automatic salvation into the kingdom of heaven. Evidently they did not grasp the grand importance of free will in progressing in the eternities. This grand conflict in heaven is known as the war in heaven. Lucifer was very successful and got 1/3 of the hosts of heaven to back his plan even though it would never have worked. Evidently many of them accused those who sided with the Father and his plan of placing them in danger of losing their salvation.

Revelation 12:9-10
9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

Lucifer was very prideful and sought to take over the place of God our Father in Heaven. How often in our world have there been those who seek honor and status through deception? I believe that when Lucifer's plan was rejected by the Father that the Father likely explained to him why his plan would not work. But Lucifer would not accept the truth but went ahead with trying to turn the children of God against God. Because of his persistence in coming out in open rebellion against the Father, Lucifer, who name means Light Bearer, had his name changed by the Father to Satan and Perdition. He was then cast out of heaven into the earth along with all those who sided with him in his open rebellion. But even though Satan and his followers were cast out of heaven into the earth, the battle still goes on on this earth. Satan seeks to turn all God's children against him. Satan does not want us to believe in the chosen Savior Jesus Christ. He seeks to bring all of us down to hell with him.

In this life, what are the tactics you see in the world today that Satan and his minions use to get us to turn away from the Father and His Son Jesus Christ? How does Satan try to destroy free agency? What are his deceptions and tactics to try and take us down?

Satan’s Rebellion​

By Mark A. Mathews
Seminaries and Institutes
The author lives in Utah, USA.
What is the true nature of what Satan proposed in the premortal council?

When I was a young man, I began noticing a curious tendency among some Church members. When they saw a situation where rules were agreed upon and consequences for disobedience were applied (for example, in Church discipline, parental discipline, or enforcing mission rules or standards of conduct at Church schools), they would often say, “But isn’t that like Satan’s approach? Aren’t they forcing people to be righteous?”
This response was surprising to me at first—how could someone think that practices approved of by the Lord and His Church could be part of “Satan’s plan”? I have since come to realize that misunderstandings like this about Satan’s rebellion and the War in Heaven are actually quite common, as are hasty accusations of what looks like that plan today. Unfortunately, these doctrinal misunderstandings can lead to damaging results.
For example, these misunderstandings could lead some parents to think they cannot encourage their children to attend church. They can lead Church members to support the legalization of serious moral sin. And these misunderstandings can even lead some Church members to think that making and keeping covenants and commitments of obedience is somehow contrary to God’s plan when, ironically, such covenant obedience is central to God’s true plan of salvation.

What the Scriptures Say​

Some ideas about what Satan proposed in the premortal world appear to come more from tradition than from actual revelation on the subject. As a result, it is helpful to return to the scriptures themselves to find out what the Lord has actually revealed on this important matter. In the scriptures, the primary source on what Satan proposed is in the first verses of the fourth chapter of Moses:
“And I, the Lord God, spake unto Moses, saying: That Satan, whom thou hast commanded in the name of mine Only Begotten, is the same which was from the beginning, and he came before me, saying—Behold, here am I, send me, I will be thy son, and I will redeem all mankind, that one soul shall not be lost, and surely I will do it; wherefore give me thine honor.
“But, behold, my Beloved Son, which was my Beloved and Chosen from the beginning, said unto me—Father, thy will be done, and the glory be thine forever.
“Wherefore, because that Satan rebelled against me, and sought to destroy the agency of man, which I, the Lord God, had given him, and also, that I should give unto him mine own power; by the power of mine Only Begotten, I caused that he should be cast down;
“And he became Satan, yea, even the devil, the father of all lies, to deceive and to blind men, and to lead them captive at his will, even as many as would not hearken unto my voice” (Moses 4:1–4).

The Father of All Lies​

From these verses it is clear that our Heavenly Father did not ask for volunteers to invent and present different and competing plans of salvation, as some have assumed. Rather, it was our Heavenly Father’s plan, and He presented it to His spirit children who were gathered in the Grand Council in Heaven. Jesus Christ, who was “chosen from the beginning” to be the Savior in that plan, humbly proposed that Heavenly Father’s plan be sustained, saying, “Father, thy will [i.e., plan] be done.” It was in this setting that Satan made an unwelcome and arrogant proposal to change Heavenly Father’s plan so that it provided universal salvation for everyone (see Moses 4:1). Before we discuss how he claimed to accomplish this, it is important to note that Satan is referred to in these verses as “the father of all lies” (Moses 4:4). On another occasion he is called “a liar from the beginning” (D&C 93:25). We would be absurdly naïve to assume that Satan was telling the truth when he made this exaggerated claim of universal salvation.
If we understand Satan’s character and history, it would be more appropriate to view him as the first con man trying to sell us a product that he knew he could never provide. He alleged that he could give us all salvation if we would follow him rather than the plan our Heavenly Father had created for our salvation and which was upheld by our Savior Jesus Christ.
What Satan proposed was a lie. It would not have worked. It was not a viable alternative to Heavenly Father’s already perfect plan, but rather it was a trap set to ensnare and deceive people into following Satan. It was, in the end, a plan of damnation, not a plan of salvation.

Destroying Agency​

Importantly, these verses of scripture do not clearly state how Satan proposed to carry out this lie. All that the scriptures state is that it would “destroy the agency of man” (Moses 4:3). President J. Reuben Clark (1871–1961), First Counselor in the First Presidency, suggested two main possibilities for what Satan proposed to do and reminded us that neither would have worked. He explained: “As I read the scriptures, Satan’s plan required one of two things: Either the compulsion of … man, or else saving men in sin. I question whether the intelligence of man can be compelled. Certainly men cannot be saved in sin” (in Conference Report, Oct. 1949, 193; quoted in Doctrines of the Gospel Student Manual [2010], 15).
Although neither of these possibilities would have worked, we see elements of each in Satan’s efforts and tactics today. For example, compulsion and force are used today by tyrants seeking power over nations and by political activists who seek to limit religious freedom and compel society to accept sinful behavior. The Lord has specifically condemned the exercise of “control or dominion or compulsion upon the souls of the children of men, in any degree of unrighteousness” (D&C 121:37).
However, the Lord also explained that power and influence can be used to encourage righteousness by loving persuasion, righteous reproof, and appropriate consequences (see D&C 121:41–43). This important clarification shows that carrying out proper Church and parental discipline, enforcing rules and standards in missions and Church schools, and establishing righteous laws in society are all practices approved of the Lord and not part of “Satan’s plan.” Honoring agency does not mean embracing anarchy.
The second possibility for how Satan proposed to save everyone is described in the Bible Dictionary: “Lucifer and his followers wanted salvation to come automatically to all who passed through mortality, without regard to individual preference, agency, or voluntary dedication” (“War in Heaven”). In other words, another interpretation is that Satan proposed to save us all, no matter what we did. This would destroy agency by rendering it useless. If consequences of our choices were all removed and everyone received the same reward, our choices become meaningless and our agency is destroyed.
This interpretation of how Satan proposed to save us is also seen in many of his efforts and tactics that we are familiar with today. Satan is constantly promising people that they can live a life of sin and still be saved or that they can find happiness in wickedness. This seductive message of easy salvation and a lifestyle of sin is very popular today, as was Satan’s proposal in the War in Heaven, when “many followed after him” (Abraham 3:28).
We can see by these examples that Satan’s approach has not changed much since premortality. Satan continues to lie to people by promising them that if they follow him they will be saved or be happy or whatever else they want to hear. He also continues to use compulsion to try to force his unrighteous views and practices on others. Thus, “the warfare is continued in mortality. … The same issues are doing battle, and the same salvation is at stake” (Bible Dictionary, “War in Heaven”).

A Plan of Rebellion​

Perhaps the simplest way to describe Satan’s plan is not based on speculative theories about what Satan proposed to do but on what his plan led him and his followers to actually do—that is, rebel. The scriptures repeatedly state that Satan openly rebelled against God. For example, the Lord declared that “Satan rebelled against me” (Moses 4:3); “an angel of God who was in authority in the presence of God … rebelled against the Only Begotten Son” (D&C 76:25); and “he rebelled against me, saying, Give me thine honor, which is my power” (D&C 29:36).
From these verses it is clear that Satan’s proposal was not an innocent suggestion to amend God’s plan. It was a rebellion, a revolt, an attempted mutiny to dethrone God and take over heaven. Those who followed Satan declared war in heaven and made themselves enemies to God. Their agency was destroyed because they refused to choose “liberty and eternal life, through the great Mediator,” and instead chose “captivity and death, according to the captivity and power of the devil; for he seeketh that all men might be miserable like unto himself” (2 Nephi 2:27). As a result, “a third part of the hosts of heaven turned he away from [God] because of their agency” (D&C 29:36).
In other words, the simplest way to view Satan’s plan is as a plan of rebellion and disobedience to God. In contrast, God summarized His plan in these words: “And we will prove them herewith, to see if they will do all things whatsoever the Lord their God shall command them” (Abraham 3:25). In addition, “We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel” (Articles of Faith 1:3). Thus, God’s plan is a plan of obedience and righteousness, while Satan’s plan is one of disobedience and rebellion.

Recognizing the Plan​

Properly understanding the difference between God’s plan and Satan’s goals will help us more clearly discern who is and who is not really following Satan. It will help us avoid accusing those who encourage righteousness and advocate obedience of following Satan’s plan when they are actually following God’s plan. It will also expose the true followers of Satan’s plan today.
Those who protest and rebel against God and His prophets, those who seek to change God’s plan, those who demand a lowering of the standards of righteousness and seek to compel others to accept immoral behavior, and those who seek to deceive people into believing that wickedness is happiness and that we can find salvation in sin all support different elements of Satan’s rebellious strategy.
May we follow Heavenly Father’s true plan, a plan of salvation “through the Atonement of Christ” and by “obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel” (Articles of Faith 1:3).

War in Heaven

It's not particularly heavenly if there's an eternal war going on.

I mean, what's the point? You supplicate, you genuflect, you recite, you ritualize, you sacrifice, you pray, you intone, you chant, or you prostrate to get into heaven ...

... and when you get there, they shove a rifle in your hands and a helmet on your head and send you to the front.

Seriously... why bother?

Last edited:
It's not particularly heavenly if there's an eternal war going on.

I mean, what's the point? You supplicate, you genuflect, you recite, you ritualize, you sacrifice, you pray, you intone, you chant, or you prostrate to get into heaven ...

... and when you get there, they shove a rifle in your hands and a helmet on your head and send you to the front.

Seriously... why bother?
In heaven there are no wounded or dying. The war in heaven was a contest of opinions. Satan on the one hand and all those he convinced to follow him chose to support a false belief that you could progress by having your free will taken away or and being forced to good or they believed in doing away with good and evil to make everything be ok. While those on the side of God were willing to live a life of free will and accept a Savior who would atone for sin and allow forgiveness to those who repented. All who chose the side of God were allowed to come to this earth and receive a body in mortality. You, fncceo were among those who sided with God.

War in Heaven

How is it possible for there to be a war in heaven and also an eternity in heaven/hell? Doesn’t make logical sense.

The war in heaven was a contest of opinions.

One, never-ending, eternal dorm room BS session?! Without the benefit of being high?! I'd rather have the shooting war. You're not doing a very good job of selling this heaven place.

BribitzerStullUMNHonors640.jpg

How is it possible for there to be a war in heaven and also an eternity in heaven/hell? Doesn’t make logical sense.
Its called free will. Those children of God who have not made heaven their final destination in the path of progression are sometimes not mature and advanced enough to realize that it is for their eternal benefit or they don't fully realize that free will is critical in becoming the best they can be. Lucifer with his free will, caused a rebellion among those who had not progressed into a mortal state and then into a resurrected eternal state with some of their fellow brothers and sisters who trusted in their Father in Heaven. God realizing that warring in heaven was not something he wanted in heaven and cast out the rebellious spirits into the earth to never again return to heaven. Seems reasonable to me that if you have imperfect beings in heaven who have free will that they could be mislead by a false teaching. The problem is that they were not willing to accept the truth but took it to the extreme of rebellion. Maybe if God created robots without any free will, everything would be perfect in some people's eyes, I don't know.

War in Heaven

Rev 6:1-the ride of the white horse( righteous war) was the war in heaven. The prophecy in Daniel 2520 years from when Jerusalem was destroyed= 607 bce + 2520= 1914-- the establishment of Gods kingdom rule in heaven with Jesus on the throne-see Rev 1:6--He receives his crown. Aswell it says at Rev 6:4--and peace will be taken from the earth=ww1. proving the prophecy came to pass in 1914. But Michael took the ride at the war in heaven. Rev 19: 11-13 is the continuation of the ride of the white horse, but see Jesus listed at Rev 19, because Jesus is Michael. And when he returns he comes with the voice of the archangel( 1Thess 4:16) its his voice.
1914-satan and his angels lost the war, cast out of heaven forever to the earth, came angry, knowing his time is short. turned mens hearts to hatred-ww1--Millions slaughtered like never before. After the war millions upon millions died of things mentioned of the other 3 riders.

Rev 6:1-the ride of the white horse( righteous war) was the war in heaven. The prophecy in Daniel 2520 years from when Jerusalem was destroyed= 607 bce + 2520= 1914-- the establishment of Gods kingdom rule in heaven with Jesus on the throne-see Rev 1:6--He receives his crown. Aswell it says at Rev 6:4--and peace will be taken from the earth=ww1. proving the prophecy came to pass in 1914. But Michael took the ride at the war in heaven. Rev 19: 11-13 is the continuation of the ride of the white horse, but see Jesus listed at Rev 19, because Jesus is Michael. And when he returns he comes with the voice of the archangel( 1Thess 4:16) its his voice.
1914-satan and his angels lost the war, cast out of heaven forever to the earth, came angry, knowing his time is short. turned mens hearts to hatred-ww1--Millions slaughtered like never before. After the war millions upon millions died of things mentioned of the other 3 riders.
The 7 seals of revelation represent the seven thousand years of the earth's temporal existence. The white horse appears in the first thousand year period and probably represents a time of much righteousness when the prophet Enoch established the city of Zion who were so righteous that they were translated and taken up into the heaven and will return again to help establish the City of Zion in the last days. The red horse appears in the second seal or 2nd thousand years of this earth's temporal existence. This was the time before and leading up to the days of Noah. Much wickedness and bloodshed occurred during this era before the flood. The black horse appears in the third seal or 3rd thousand year period of the earth's temporal existence and represents a time of famine during the days of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Joseph. The pale horse appears in the fourth seal or the 4th thousand year period of the earth's existence which was a time of great wars and conquests such as the fall of Babylon and the rise of Medes and Persians. Then came the rise of the Greek and then the Roman empire which I believe included the day of Christ. The fifth seal is then opened and we see the martyrs of Jesus, ie his apostles and disciples, who were murdered for their faith in Christ. The sixth seal is then opened and we see the calamities the occur up until the seventh seal. We are currently, in my opinion, in last days of the sixth seal. After the seventh seal opens there will be silence in the heavens for the space of half an hour and then shortly after this the Lord will make his second appearance on earth. He will reign on the earth for the rest of the seventh seal which also known as the Millennium. All these seals being opened occur during the earth's temporal existence.

The War in Heaven occurred before we ever came to this earth. Satan was already in the earth during the days of Adam and Eve. So he was already cast out into the earth. The war in heaven, when Lucifer and his minions existed in heaven, occurred prior to this time. Adam, aka the Ancient of Days is Michael the archangel. He led us to battle in the war in heaven against Lucifer. He is the great patriarch of the earth and is the seventh angel who will blow his trump before the great day of the Lord comes. Jesus is not Michael. Before coming to the earth, Jesus' name was Yahweh (Jehovah) and not Michael. I disagree with your interpretation.

The 7 seals of revelation represent the seven thousand years of the earth's temporal existence. The white horse appears in the first thousand year period and probably represents a time of much righteousness when the prophet Enoch established the city of Zion who were so righteous that they were translated and taken up into the heaven and will return again to help establish the City of Zion in the last days. The red horse appears in the second seal or 2nd thousand years of this earth's temporal existence. This was the time before and leading up to the days of Noah. Much wickedness and bloodshed occurred during this era before the flood. The black horse appears in the third seal or 3rd thousand year period of the earth's temporal existence and represents a time of famine during the days of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Joseph. The pale horse appears in the fourth seal or the 4th thousand year period of the earth's existence which was a time of great wars and conquests such as the fall of Babylon and the rise of Medes and Persians. Then came the rise of the Greek and then the Roman empire which I believe included the day of Christ. The fifth seal is then opened and we see the martyrs of Jesus, ie his apostles and disciples, who were murdered for their faith in Christ. The sixth seal is then opened and we see the calamities the occur up until the seventh seal. We are currently, in my opinion, in last days of the sixth seal. After the seventh seal opens there will be silence in the heavens for the space of half an hour and then shortly after this the Lord will make his second appearance on earth. He will reign on the earth for the rest of the seventh seal which also known as the Millennium. All these seals being opened occur during the earth's temporal existence.

The War in Heaven occurred before we ever came to this earth. Satan was already in the earth during the days of Adam and Eve. So he was already cast out into the earth. The war in heaven, when Lucifer and his minions existed in heaven, occurred prior to this time. Adam, aka the Ancient of Days is Michael the archangel. He led us to battle in the war in heaven against Lucifer. He is the great patriarch of the earth and is the seventh angel who will blow his trump before the great day of the Lord comes. Jesus is not Michael. Before coming to the earth, Jesus' name was Yahweh (Jehovah) and not Michael. I disagree with your interpretation.
Satan was an angel, God appointed him over the garden, he became jealous and wanted worship. He rebelled. God is the ancient of days, Michael is Jesus, the one getting the crown.
Your teachers are wrong.

Satan was an angel, God appointed him over the garden, he became jealous and wanted worship. He rebelled. God is the ancient of days, Michael is Jesus, the one getting the crown.
Your teachers are wrong.
First off let me dispel the myth that many have that angels are a separate species than mankind. Angels are messengers. All angels are mankind. True Satan was an angel but he was also a man. An angel is merely a title for a messenger.

Isaiah 14:12-17
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;
17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?

Also consider Genesis chapter 19

Genesis 19:1,5,8,10
1 And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground;
5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.
8 Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes: only unto these men do nothing; for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof.
10 But the men put forth their hand, and pulled Lot into the house to them, and shut to the door.

Where do you come up with the notion that God after casting Satan out of heaven that he appointed him to be over the Garden of Eden? I see no evidence of this and it sounds preposterous. Adam was appointed to take care of the Garden of Eden.

Genesis 2:15
15 And the Lord God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.

Is it your opinion that Adam and Satan are the same being? If so, that too is absurd. It is clear that Satan's rebellion was in heaven and that was the reason he was cast out into the earth.

Revelation 12:7-11
7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Isaiah 14:12
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

Verse 9 of Revelation 12 tells us that Satan was cast out into the earth. It was in the earth that the Garden of Eden was. This was after Satan's rebellion in heaven and after he was cast out. Satan did not become a messenger of God after being cast out of heaven and was not appointed over the Garden of Eden.

To the Prophet Joseph Smith, it was revealed to him by Jesus Christ himself that Adam is Michael and also the Ancient of Days (see Doctrine and Covenants 27). Not sure how you come to the conclusion that Michael is Jesus and the Ancient of Days is our Father in Heaven. What is your evidence? Adam first returns to the earth and is crowned and then one like the Son of Man, who is Jesus comes and receives his throne over the house of Israel. Daniel 7 is a prophesy of things that will occur on the earth. When Zion is again established the Ancient of Days (Adam) will come and sit upon his throne and then he will receive Christ when he comes and Christ will be crowned to be King over the house of David, and over all Israel, and the whole world.

Last edited:
Is there a war in heaven? Because the scripture he quoted said they were cast out of heaven. So if the war is still going on it must be going on here.

War in Heaven

Your OP implies the war in heaven is ongoing but your links state, “The spirits who thus rebelled and persisted were thrust out of heaven and cast down to the earth without mortal bodies, “and thus came the devil and his angels”

So is there still a war in heaven?

Is there a war in heaven? Because the scripture he quoted said they were cast out of heaven. So if the war is still going on it must be going on here.
Heaven is supposed to be an eternal place right? So if at any point there were rebels or “individuals” angels, souls whatever… being cast out to hell then how can they really be eternal? Doesn’t make sense.

Forum List

Back