Zone1 The War In Heaven

surly there is always the possibility to perish same as earth as well there most likely are multitudes of heavens to visit - polytheism is not a sin, except to the roman emperor.

would a heavenly spirit lose their purity, how they got there - doubtful and if they did would most likely be their death nail.
You sure about that. I thought the Bible said different

Your OP implies the war in heaven is ongoing but your links state, “The spirits who thus rebelled and persisted were thrust out of heaven and cast down to the earth without mortal bodies, “and thus came the devil and his angels”

So is there still a war in heaven?
What I meant was that the war in heaven is continued here on earth. Instead of saying, "the war in heaven continues on earth, I suppose it would be more clear to state that "the war that was in heaven has continued here on earth" to be more clear.

Your OP implies the war in heaven is ongoing but your links state, “The spirits who thus rebelled and persisted were thrust out of heaven and cast down to the earth without mortal bodies, “and thus came the devil and his angels”

So is there still a war in heaven?
There is still a war but not in heaven. Since Satan and his rebellious minions were cast out of heaven into the earth, the war continues here on earth.

There is still a war but not in heaven. Since Satan and his rebellious minions were cast out of heaven into the earth, the war continues here on earth.
Do you think that those in hell can go to heaven if they change their ways?

What I meant was that the war in heaven is continued here on earth. Instead of saying, "the war in heaven continues on earth, I suppose it would be more clear to state that "the war that was in heaven has continued here on earth" to be more clear.
You did it fine. I was just clarifying.

Ok. Let me restate it. You make a bad choice. You suffer the consequences. Do you get to go back in time to undue the bad choice?
No you don’t get to undue the bad choice. But you get to learn from it, you get to make reparations, you get to move on with your life. You don’t suffer the consequences for an eternity.

No you don’t get to undue the bad choice. But you get to learn from it, you get to make reparations, you get to move on with your life. You don’t suffer the consequences for an eternity.
Consequences are what they are. You can’t pick and choose what you want them to be. And you will learn from it. You will learn what it feels like to be absent of good.

Consequences are what they are. You can’t pick and choose what you want them to be. And you will learn from it. You will learn what it feels like to be absent of good.
Yup and then you’ll get over it and move on. Some of the greatest life lessons are learned after making mistakes and bad choices. So back to my question…. If I died and went to hell could I change my ways and then go to heaven?

Yup and then you’ll get over it and move on. Some of the greatest life lessons are learned after making mistakes and bad choices. So back to my question…. If I died and went to hell could I change my ways and then go to heaven?
You don’t just die and go to hell. You have to reject God’s spirit inside you and ask him to remove it. It will be your choice. That choice is final.

War inflicts death on a wholesale level.

The inhabitants of Heaven are supposedly immortal.

If you can’t cause the death of an inhabitant of heaven, how could war be waged there?
It depends on how you define "war". On this mortal earth, death is a reality. In heaven amongst immortal beings, there is no death. So a war in heaven would not include death but only a war of beliefs and words.

Do you think that those in hell can go to heaven if they change their ways?
I don't believe that there has been any revelation or teaching that mankind can advance after their judgement, however, silence does not make it absolute. In scripture it often uses the phrase eternal damnation but the revelations of Joseph Smith say the following:

Doctrine and Covenants 19:5-15
5 Wherefore, I revoke not the judgments which I shall pass, but woes shall go forth, weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth, yea, to those who are found on my left hand.
6 Nevertheless, it is not written that there shall be no end to this torment, but it is written endless torment.
7 Again, it is written eternal damnation; wherefore it is more express than other scriptures, that it might work upon the hearts of the children of men, altogether for my name’s glory.
8 Wherefore, I will explain unto you this mystery, for it is meet unto you to know even as mine apostles.
9 I speak unto you that are chosen in this thing, even as one, that you may enter into my rest.
10 For, behold, the mystery of godliness, how great is it! For, behold, I am endless, and the punishment which is given from my hand is endless punishment, for Endless is my name. Wherefore—
11 Eternal punishment is God’s punishment.
12 Endless punishment is God’s punishment.
13 Wherefore, I command you to repent, and keep the commandments which you have received by the hand of my servant Joseph Smith, Jun., in my name;
14 And it is by my almighty power that you have received them;
15 Therefore I command you to repent—repent, lest I smite you by the rod of my mouth, and by my wrath, and by my anger, and your sufferings be sore—how sore you know not, how exquisite you know not, yea, how hard to bear you know not.

You don’t just die and go to hell. You have to reject God’s spirit inside you and ask him to remove it. It will be your choice. That choice is final.
It’s final? But what if you change your mind?

You absolutely will change your mind. But why should you be able to shun your nose at God and then change your decision because you didn’t like the outcome?
Well because of free will and Gods love and forgiveness

I don't believe that there has been any revelation or teaching that mankind can advance after their judgement, however, silence does not make it absolute. In scripture it often uses the phrase eternal damnation but the revelations of Joseph Smith say the following:

Doctrine and Covenants 19:5-15
5 Wherefore, I revoke not the judgments which I shall pass, but woes shall go forth, weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth, yea, to those who are found on my left hand.
6 Nevertheless, it is not written that there shall be no end to this torment, but it is written endless torment.
7 Again, it is written eternal damnation; wherefore it is more express than other scriptures, that it might work upon the hearts of the children of men, altogether for my name’s glory.
8 Wherefore, I will explain unto you this mystery, for it is meet unto you to know even as mine apostles.
9 I speak unto you that are chosen in this thing, even as one, that you may enter into my rest.
10 For, behold, the mystery of godliness, how great is it! For, behold, I am endless, and the punishment which is given from my hand is endless punishment, for Endless is my name. Wherefore—
11 Eternal punishment is God’s punishment.
12 Endless punishment is God’s punishment.
13 Wherefore, I command you to repent, and keep the commandments which you have received by the hand of my servant Joseph Smith, Jun., in my name;
14 And it is by my almighty power that you have received them;
15 Therefore I command you to repent—repent, lest I smite you by the rod of my mouth, and by my wrath, and by my anger, and your sufferings be sore—how sore you know not, how exquisite you know not, yea, how hard to bear you know not.
So what do you believe? Can one’s fate be changed after judgement?

Well because of free will and Gods love and forgiveness
You asked him to withdraw his spirit from you. He just gave you what you asked for.

Or maybe all those years of rejecting God’s spirit in you left you with no capacity to receive his love and you couldn’t stand it. All I know is that he doesn’t destroy what he creates and he doesn’t force himself on you. If you find yourself apart from God it’s because you wanted it.

So what do you believe? Can one’s fate be changed after judgement?
No. It’s your judgment. You judge yourself. It’s your choice. I’m pretty sure you’ll recognize the gravity of the moment. I’m not sure you will be able to accept God though.

Forum List

Back