Zone1 Has God turned the USA (and other countries) over to a reprobate mind?

notmyfault2020

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2022
Has God turned the US over to a reprobate mind? Is he punishing us for our immorality… our arrogance in thinking that we Americans are great and powerful due to our vast wealth and influence in the world (and therefore are entitled)?

Well… if you have to ask…

I say that yes, God is punishing us, and the punishment is going to get worse if we do not turn from our sins. God allows sin and its subsequent bitter detritus because WE allow it. It is actually sin that punishes, and God allows that to be so, not because He is—as we humans often feel or think—tyrannical or sadistic. No, He does this for our own good, to show us TRUTH and reality, to show us the pathway to Heaven. Jesus tells us that FEW make it there. Society would have you believe that everyone or virtually everyone gets there eventually. That is a huge LIE.

The reality is that we have all but forgotten God entirely, even as we continue attending Church services on Sunday, which practice many have dropped altogether.

I say God is fed up with all the fornication, adultery, homosexual acts, child molestations and child murder (abortion).

So yes, I say He has given us over to a reprobate mind, given us over to our own sinfulness. This is why we have elections in which such creeps as Warnock and Fetterman "win." I say they did not win legitimately, but I can't say I have proof of wrong-doing... just a lot of evidence that some states were corrupt in the 2020 presidential election and apparently remain so.

In any case, once again: God allows this kind of thing because we stupid (morally stupid) human beings allow it.

The Catholic Church used to teach that we can and should offer up our sufferings for reparation purposes: we offer up our sufferings in atonenment for our sins against a perfectly holy God. Cold weather? Offer it up for your sin of loving yourself too much (Who isn't guilty of that?). Bad neighbor? Offer it up for your own lack of charity toward (whomever), and I could go on and on.

Last edited:
  • Banned
The primitive, angry, jealous sky God of the old testament has no place in the modern world.
I noticed

But He didn't go away (just because humans rejected Him). He just changed a few things, like: whereas He used to get revenge on his enemies immediately

Today, He waits until the End, then gives them what they themselves have wanted (chosen): Hell

OP, what was the reason God destroyed Sodom & Gomorrah?

Has God turned the US over to a reprobate mind? Is he punishing us for our immorality… our arrogance in thinking that we Americans are great and powerful due to our vast wealth and influence in the world (and therefore are entitled)?

God doesn't need to punish an Individual or a Nation for Immoral Acts ...
Immoral Acts are far more effective at allowing an Individual or Nation to punish themselves with poor choices.
The difference may really be in the Collective, and how one sees themselves and their righteousness stacked against others.

"For we are all sinners, and all sins are equal in the eyes of God."

I noticed

But He didn't go away (just because humans rejected Him). He just changed a few things, like: whereas He used to get revenge on his enemies immediately

Today, He waits until the End, then gives them what they themselves have wanted (chosen): Hell
Your God is a monster then? Why should I worship a faceless terror?

God doesn't need to punish an Individual or a Nation for Immoral Acts ...
Immoral Acts are far more effective at allowing an Individual or Nation to punish themselves with poor choices.
The difference may really be in the Collective, and how one sees themselves and their righteousness stacked against others.

"For we are all sinners, and all sins are equal in the eyes of God."

I'm not sure I get the main point of this

please explain

Your God is a monster then? Why should I worship a faceless terror?
no, your sins a re a monster, one you may not want to be free of.

But "no unclean thing will enter" Heaven so I suggest you get to work ridding yourself of the beast within or wait---letting Jesus remove the *&^%$ thing

no, your sins a re a monster, one you may not want to be free of.

But "no unclean thing will enter" Heaven so I suggest you get to work ridding yourself of the beast within or wait---letting Jesus remove the *&^%$ thing
Preach to yourself first and worry about other people's "sins" later.

I am saying the grave sin of Sodom and Gomorrah was lack of hospitality, and that, not sex sin, was the reason the Bible gives for its destruction.
what the hell? I can't believe a Catholic would say that. But then again, you have been novus-ordo-ized so that explains it.

The novus ordo is not the true Catholic Church. Anyone who has studied the matter would come to thesame conclusion

Truth is irrefutable.

God is not going to destroy an entire city because "lack of hospitality." That is the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a long time. He destroyed cities because of egregious immorality.

If lack of hospitality were an egregious sin, punishable by death .... we'd only have about 100,000 people on the planet

Well… if you have to ask…

I say that yes, God is punishing us, and the punishment is going to get worse if we do not turn from our sins. God allows sin and its subsequent bitter detritus because WE allow it. It is actually sin that punishes, and God allows that to be so, not because He is—as we humans often feel or think—tyrannical or sadistic. No, He does this for our own good, to show us TRUTH and reality, to show us the pathway to Heaven. Jesus tells us that FEW make it there. Society would have you believe that everyone or virtually everyone gets there eventually. That is a huge LIE.

The reality is that we have all but forgotten God entirely, even as we continue attending Church services on Sunday, which practice many have dropped altogether.

I say God is fed up with all the fornication, adultery, homosexual acts, child molestations and child murder (abortion).

So yes, I say He has given us over to a reprobate mind, given us over to our own sinfulness. This is why we have elections in which such creeps as Warnock and Fetterman "win." I say they did not win legitimately, but I can't say I have proof of wrong-doing... just a lot of evidence that some states were corrupt in the 2020 presidential election and apparently remain so.

In any case, once again: God allows this kind of thing because we stupid (morally stupid) human beings allow it.

The Catholic Church used to teach that we can and should offer up our sufferings for reparation purposes: we offer up our sufferings in atonenment for our sins against a perfectly holy God. Cold weather? Offer it up for your sin of loving yourself too much (Who isn't guilty of that?). Bad neighbor? Offer it up for your own lack of charity toward (whomever), and I could go on and on.
Don't blame God. We free will, and agency. This is what happens when enough people choose poorly, and the ones who don't tolerate it.

Forum List

Back