The truth about Trump

Politicallyinsane

Gold Member
Oct 6, 2019
We all recognize President Trump as unique in the American political heritage. There are no obvious rules. America has never before had so blatant a demagogue become President, so analogies are to elsewhere for his personality. He is more like the late Hugo Chavez than like Dwight Eisenhower in style, berating elites (in Chavez' case, economic; in Trump's case, intellectual), Can Trump succeed? He certainly has generated much hatred for him.

Trump succeeded in part in 2016 by debasing the political discourse, finding the mental gutter in America. I expect him to do much the same this year because such is his character. He numbed millions of Americans in the right places to his vileness as a person while attacking his opponent for modest or controversial shortcomings. Besides, if he is close to getting re-elected, then the super-rich Americans who believe that the rest of Humanity exists only as their rightful thralls will open the spigots to support both direct and through front groups. Should he be an abject failure, then those super-rich Americans will not waste their money this time; they will be back on the scene when they have more of a chance. On the other hand such people dream of an America in which workers are serfs whose lives are expendable if such makes command-and-control of a fascistic style possible. I see such American elites no better than those German elites who backed Hitler because Hitler promised to crush industrial unions and the dissidence among farm laborers. As events showed, those backers had no qualms about using slave labor and treating it with brutality that would have made a Simon Legree cringe.

I have no residual illusion that people are better because they are to rich and powerful to be swine. I have no remaining belief in any exceptionalism about America whose basis is any moral culture or religious heritage.

We all recognize President Trump as unique in the American political heritage. There are no obvious rules. America has never before had so blatant a demagogue become President, so analogies are to elsewhere for his personality. He is more like the late Hugo Chavez than like Dwight Eisenhower in style, berating elites (in Chavez' case, economic; in Trump's case, intellectual), Can Trump succeed? He certainly has generated much hatred for him.

Trump succeeded in part in 2016 by debasing the political discourse, finding the mental gutter in America. I expect him to do much the same this year because such is his character. He numbed millions of Americans in the right places to his vileness as a person while attacking his opponent for modest or controversial shortcomings. Besides, if he is close to getting re-elected, then the super-rich Americans who believe that the rest of Humanity exists only as their rightful thralls will open the spigots to support both direct and through front groups. Should he be an abject failure, then those super-rich Americans will not waste their money this time; they will be back on the scene when they have more of a chance. On the other hand such people dream of an America in which workers are serfs whose lives are expendable if such makes command-and-control of a fascistic style possible. I see such American elites no better than those German elites who backed Hitler because Hitler promised to crush industrial unions and the dissidence among farm laborers. As events showed, those backers had no qualms about using slave labor and treating it with brutality that would have made a Simon Legree cringe.

I have no residual illusion that people are better because they are to rich and powerful to be swine. I have no remaining belief in any exceptionalism about America whose basis is any moral culture or religious heritage.
Just don't bring the Nazi's into this. Otherwise you make sense.

Actually teddy roosevelt was very unconventional to and was pretty much just being teddy ....another nyc boy to hummmmm

No it didn't. It was a word salad with bullshit on top. It was class war dogma sprinkled with virtue signaling.

Aww, another Trump is Hitler thread.

trump-getty.jpg

No it didn't. It was a word salad with bullshit on top. It was class war dogma sprinkled with virtue signaling.
I'm just a beginning political reader. I thought I might sniff a bit of communism there, but war?

I'd say more like Benito Mussolini than Chávez. But it's hard to find a comparator who's THAT degree of full of himself, even if you expand to non-politicians. Not sure even Lush Rimjob compares.

When self loathing lemmings meet American exceptionalism they blame the exceptional for their obvious lack of aspiration. I remember some lunatic of late stating "you didn't build that". Can't remember his name. I wonder why?

"American exceptionalism" :auiqs.jpg:

Think you spelled "hubris" wrong there little guy.

Oh boy, just ANOTHER "Orange Man Bad" thread. Pitiful.

Kewl...
Both Neo-Cons and Limousine Liberals believe they are inherently better than everyone else.

The Many Scandals of Rump: A Compendium

Oh boy, just ANOTHER "Orange Man Bad" thread. Pitiful.

Guess I'll just leave this here since it never gets an answer ---

-------- WHY bad man orange?

Most bad men white, brown, black, yellow or red. This one orange. Why orange? Purple sold out?

We finally have a President that doesn't take the bullshit the dems pass out without fighting back. President Trump will be remembered as one of the best Presidents we've had. His big mistake was listening to the "experts " on this china flu. All the "experts" were wrong with all their modeling and numbers of death. We should have learned the value of computer modeling from the global warming models. They have been wrong for the last 40 years.
Keep fighting and calling out the fake news Mr President, we love it.

Trump is just one person. The problem is that he's a symptom of a much larger problem.

History has taught us little.

I have no remaining belief in any exceptionalism about America whose basis is any moral culture or religious heritage.

Please describe the "moral culture" and "religious heritage" to which you refer. How was American "exceptionalism" based on them?

Or are you just a mindless random word generator?

I'm just a beginning political reader. I thought I might sniff a bit of communism there, but war?

Of course it was Communist tripe. Just another pile of dogma trying to conflate conservative Americans as facists. That's why they always go down the road to Hitler. You picked up on that so why didn't you understand the same old crap Socialist/Communists spew here every day?

Forum List

Back