The Propaganda Campaign To Wreck Social Security Is Right On Track

How would one "choose" a "Galveston Plan" over SS (unless one moved to Galveston and was employed by the county there)?
It's a discussion about phasing out SS, Simp.

There is a model out there that has been very successful. We should transition to a plan like theirs nationally before the SS Ponzi scheme implodes.

It's a discussion about phasing out SS, Simp.

There is a model out there that has been very successful. We should transition to a plan like theirs nationally before the SS Ponzi scheme implodes.
The Galveston Plan is similar to SS in that it is mostly funded by general tax revenues. It has weak points as well as strong points when compared to SS. It has not been widely copied. It has not been in existence long enough to be proven a better alternative to SS. It is also very small, involving fewer than 2000 employees.

Last edited:
No real way to figure that out. I wouldn't have saved of my own volition. SS to the rescue. Also, you collect SS as long as you live, so if you outlive your 'life expectancy' it's very profitable.

No it isn't very profitable in fact you actually get a negative return on your money if you die before you are in your 90s

And if you had control over that money you would not only have a larger income to live on in retirement but you could also leave a lot of money to your heirs

The Galveston Plan is similar to SS in that it is mostly funded by general tax revenues. It has weak points as well as strong points when compared to SS. It has not been widely copied. It has not been in existence long enough to be proven a better alternative to SS. It is also very small, involving fewer than 2000 employees.
No, it is funded be employee and employer contributions.

Up and down this thread are examples of the assertion in theOP

You would have been better off if you had control of your money.
That is also an assumption on your part. Looking back, I'm glad I paid into SS.

When I was just starting out I perused a "how to get rich" book. After just a couple of pages I abandoned the idea. I wanted to have some fun with my money, not deny myself of everything for the sake of wealth. I didn't get serious about it until I was in my forties. Since then I have done just fine.

Last edited:
Me too. I get $2800/ month. My wife gets $1200

That’s a good place to start
My portfolio produces more than I need every month and will never run out. In fact I'll have more money in 20 years than I do now because I'm earning more interest than I take out.

And I didn't have to wait until 67 to retire

If i didn't get robbed by SS I would have retired in my 40s instead of my 50s

Last edited:
That is also an assumption on your part. Looking back, I'm glad I paid into SS.

When I was just starting out I perused a "how to get rich" book. After just a couple of pages I abandoned the idea. I wanted to have some fun with my money, not deny myself of everything for the sake of wealth. I didn't get serious about it until I was in my forties. Since then I have done just fine.
It's not an assumption it is based on historical fact.

And you wouldn't have had to sacrifice anything because all you would be doing is investing the money SS took from you

My portfolio produces more than I need every month and will never run out. In fact I'll have more money in 20 years than I do now because I'm earning more interest than I take out.

And I didn't have to wait until 67 to retire

If i didn't get robbed by SS I would have retired in my 40s instead of my 50s
Sounds like you ain't hurting at all.

Stop whining

Sounds like you ain't hurting at all.

Stop whining
Yeah why make life better for people who come after you?

Why deny other people the chance to actually have a measure of wealth instead of relying on the fucking government?

Yeah why make life better for people who come after you?

Why deny other people the chance to actually have a measure of wealth instead of relying on the fucking government?
By guaranteeing them a decent retirement?

I'll do that every time

The Propaganda Campaign To Wreck Social Security Is Right On Track​

Keep proving that thread title genius

By guaranteeing them a decent retirement?

I'll do that every time

The Propaganda Campaign To Wreck Social Security Is Right On Track​

Keep proving that thread title genius

SS ain't decent for most it's barely above the poverty level

And I want it SS to be 100% privatized because the fucking government is the most malfeasant entity on this planet when it comes to handling money

Forum List

Back