The Propaganda Campaign To Wreck Social Security Is Right On Track

Peace, you posted, “... people like the Op has this delusion believing Social Security is your main source of income in retirement while it is not and you should have put away money on top of it…".

Refer to my post of Eastern Standard Time, 6:41AM, “Hang on Sloopy, What if there were no social security retirement checks? ...”,

I concur with Sartre play as he responded to your post, “Yes true. BUT Social security is a necessary safety net”. Respectfully, Supposn

Peace, you posted, “... people like the Op has this delusion believing Social Security is your main source of income in retirement while it is not and you should have put away money on top of it…".

Refer to my post of Eastern Standard Time, 6:41AM, “Hang on Sloopy, What if there were no social security retirement checks? ...”,

I concur with Sartre play as he responded to your post, “Yes true. BUT Social security is a necessary safety net”. Respectfully, Supposn
Social security is the Rock I built my retirement on. I have a small pension and a reasonably decent 401. Taken together I am doing well.

And of note… I had to hit that 401 to buy the house I currently live in and keep my mortgage payments low.

People do that ya know.

We borrow to pay for tax cuts and we`ve been doing it for decades.
What a moron. Tax cuts are not an expense, so they don’t have to be “paid for”. You assume all money belongs to the govt when you take that position.

It doesn’t.

Revenues have gone up after every meaningful tax cut, so it must be the spending that causes all this borrowing, Simp.

SS is very successful in its mission, to provide a measure of financial security to wage earners in their retirement years. And for those of us who continue to work it's a source of investment income. It's the best social program the gov't has ever conceived.
It’s a scam. Typical Ponzi scheme.

I said raising the cap would fix it and it would.

Pointing to a minimal cap increase does nothing to disprove that
You said the cap was 110K you were way off and even that won't fix it because it's a corrupt system running it.

SS has helped me create wealth.
Not really it has robbed you of wealth.

Do the math and see what your lifetime SS contributions would have actually paid you if you put them in a Roth IRA and got even a 6% return

Social security is the Rock I built my retirement on. I have a small pension and a reasonably decent 401. Taken together I am doing well.

And of note… I had to hit that 401 to buy the house I currently live in and keep my mortgage payments low.

People do that ya know.
Rock. That's funny The entire Ss system is a castle built on sand

The average SS payments are 18K a year.

And you were an idiot to rape your 401 to buy a house

What a moron. Tax cuts are not an expense, so they don’t have to be “paid for”. You assume all money belongs to the govt when you take that position.

It doesn’t.

Revenues have gone up after every meaningful tax cut, so it must be the spending that causes all this borrowing, Simp.
Do tax cuts increase the deficit and add to the debt. Almost always

... Revenues have gone up after every meaningful tax cut, so it must be the spending that causes all this borrowing, Simp.
Nostra, all tax revenues have not “gone up after every meaningful tax cut”. I suppose when calculated in real dollars adjusted for inflation, most tax cuts have been net reductions of their governments' tax revenues. What you're posting about is what the senior President Bush described as “Voodoo” economics. Respectfully, Supposn

Rock. That's funny The entire Ss system is a castle built on sand

The average SS payments are 18K a year.

And you were an idiot to rape your 401 to buy a house
We’ll my social security is well above that. (Note your “average”). And it made sense to do that in order to retire where I wanted to retire.

Again… people do that.

Nostra, all tax revenues have not “gone up after every meaningful tax cut”. I suppose when calculated in real dollars adjusted for inflation, most tax cuts have been net reductions of their governments' tax revenues. What you're posting about is what the senior President Bush described as “Voodoo” economics. Respectfully, Supposn
This idiot argument again.

Tax revenues always increase unless we are in a recession . What isn’t true is that they increase enough to cover the loss of revenue

The deficit almost always increases

Bring links of lower revenues after tax cuts.

Nope. Show us the last tax cut where revenues went down after they were enacted.
Nostra, I don't know of it was the last federal tax cut, but ... Excerpts from the link: Did the 2017 tax cut—the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act—pay for itself? (brookings.edu) :
" … Before and after passage of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA), several prominent conservatives, including Republicans in the House and Senate, former Reagan economist Art Laffer, and members of the Trump administration, claimed that the act would either increase revenues or at least pay for itself. In principle, a tax cut could “pay for itself” if it spurred substantial economic growth—if tax revenues rose from the combination of higher wages and hours worked, greater investment returns, and larger corporate profits. The TCJA, however, is not that tax cut.
… The actual amount of tax revenue collected in FY2018 was significantly lower than the CBO’s projection made in January 2017—before the tax cut was signed into law.
… Given that the economy grew in 2018, and in the absence of another policy that could have caused a large revenue loss, the data imply that the 2017 tax cut substantially reduced revenues.
… The 2017 tax cut reduced the top corporate tax rate from 35 percent to 21 percent—a 40 percent reduction. It also reduced income taxes for most Americans. …".
//////////////
Respectfully, Supposn

Forum List

Back